The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that too but then I wondered if maybe people who were in their circle at the time could have figured it out from the information he gave and it might have become common knowledge in a certain group? Maybe it was going to be revealed by someone else and she thought it may as well be her that got the money for it. To be fair she kept it quiet for 20 years. She'd def have been able to get into the DM with this story before now if she wanted to. I know what you mean though - it looks tacky.
I think they were both tacky to talk about it. I guess though she thought he’s literally made a mint; millions if the press is to be believed, so she was going to get her piece of the pie.

I wouldn’t have done it, but can see why she has

Reactions: 10
Wouldn't the Royal machine have killed this story down in years gone by though? Like if tomorrow someone was to go try and sell a story about having sex with Will at 17 I don't think there's any way the Mail prints it.

The story had died down, it's been weeks since the book was out and most people had gotten over it, so I don't think it was about to be leaked. Not that I think they'd print it if it was leaked by a friend either. I just think she was weighing up whether to sell it or not and waiting for the number to get big enough.
Do you think they wouldn't print it if it was leaked by a friend or someone close to her? I don't see why they wouldn't. They might have had that picture of them together as teenagers and hinted at it being her rather than the way they've done it now. I def think it's a possibility that the mail told her they were going to run it anyway and why didn't she come on board and get paid for it. It's also possible that she was just waiting for the right offer but I think she'd have gotten more money when the book was newly released. How much do you think she's been paid? No amount of money could induce me to cooperate with a story like that! It's mortifying for her and her family.

Reactions: 6
She even posed with the book!
View attachment 1938866
she looks like the American Boris was sleeping with.

Do you think they wouldn't print it if it was leaked by a friend or someone close to her? I don't see why they wouldn't. They might have had that picture of them together as teenagers and hinted at it being her rather than the way they've done it now. I def think it's a possibility that the mail told her they were going to run it anyway and why didn't she come on board and get paid for it. It's also possible that she was just waiting for the right offer but I think she'd have gotten more money when the book was newly released. How much do you think she's been paid? No amount of money could induce me to cooperate with a story like that! It's mortifying for her and her family.
They might print it as a small paragraph but it wouldnt have much impact without her quotes. Pretty sure the pic has been printed before too.

I don't think kiss and tells are as lucrative as they used to be but I have no idea. It got around 6-7 pages in the paper so surely it will have been at least 100k

Reactions: 2
I’m not sure why the girl who had sex with Harry is acting like he told the world it was her. She says she was forced to tell her Dad and she wishes Harry had let her know prior to the publication - but she’s the one announcing to the world and doing a photo shoot for the Mail?
& the way Harry wrote it I can’t imagine anyone was suspecting her. It made it seem like it was one of his mums friends. I’d imagined it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old, not a 19 year old. But fair play, get your coin girl, we live in a time where people have forgotten what both shame and secrets are
---

These are some really great ideas! Maybe Kate should hire some of us from Tattle!
She could start a charity like The Princes Trust and donate money to causes related to early years?
What is William’s ‘life work’ - is it meant to be Earthshot?
She’s hired one of Jamie Oliver’s ex staff as her new PR/private sec, so hopefully she can guide her to a purpose. Jamie was all about raising awareness but at least had an end goal with the school food campaign, although I personally think he did a shoddy job at it and is a massive prick, so hopefully she that was just him and not her.

I’d say that’s his work, I think he’s done a job good on that and mental health. He’s did documentaries about the climate crisis before Earthshot launched that were on itv and were really good, then went and got the private investment so no one in government can say he’s getting political. His documentaries on mental health using football seem to have been really well received by men and he managed to get the FA Cup to change its name for the final a few years ago, I think the programme had quite a bit about Heads Up in it.

The funny thing is they both have their own interests of early years and climate crisis, but have these common interests of sport and mental health, but never work together on them. I thought Kates idea of running a tennis tournament last year with Roger Federer was a great idea and half the money would go to her charities and half his, but the Queen died so she couldn’t attend.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
she looks like the American Boris was sleeping with.

They might print it as a small paragraph but it wouldnt have much impact without her quotes. Pretty sure the pic has been printed before too.

I don't think kiss and tells are as lucrative as they used to be but I have no idea. It got around 6-7 pages in the paper so surely it will have been at least 100k
Wow! That's a lot of money. The DM are milking it for all it's worth anyway. They're making 4 or 5 stories out of 1.

& the way Harry wrote it I can’t imagine anyone was suspecting her. It made it seem like it was one of his mums friends. I’d imagined it was a 17 year old and a 40 year old, not a 19 year old. But fair play, get your coin girl, we live in a time where people have forgotten what both shame and secrets are
---

She’s hired one of Jamie Oliver’s ex staff as her new PR/private sec, so hopefully she can guide her to a purpose. Jamie was all about raising awareness but at least had an end goal with the school food campaign, although I personally think he did a shoddy job at it and is a massive prick, so hopefully she that was just him and not her.

I’d say that’s his work, I think he’s done a job good on that and mental health. He’s did documentaries about the climate crisis before Earthshot launched that were on itv and were really good, then went and got the private investment so no one in government can say he’s getting political. His documentaries on mental health using football seem to have been really well received by men and he managed to get the FA Cup to change its name for the final a few years ago, I think the programme had quite a bit about Heads Up in it.

The funny thing is they both have their own interests of early years and climate crisis, but have these common interests of sport and mental health, but never work together on them. I thought Kates idea of running a tennis tournament last year with Roger Federer was a great idea and half the money would go to her charities and half his, but the Queen died so she couldn’t attend.
I read that and thought … oh heck, she’s doing A Brooklyn Beckham. She’ll be showing us how to make a cheese toasty next.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I was doing some reading recently and saw an article that said that over 1000+ SureStart centres in the UK were closed down in recent years. I don't know how true this is but if someone British can verify, that would be great.

Anyway, that was surprising to me as I've always seen the UK as a country with a very robust social services network and it was also confusing because then it makes Kate's project all the more mystifying. Why promote the importance of the early years when the actual places that do the work are simultaneously disappearing? It feels like this idea was cooked up a long time ago in a pre-Brexit, pre-pandemic and pre-COL crisis world, basically a world where the resources and funding were actually in place and everything's changed since then but the Palace hasn't bothered to adapt the idea to suit.

It must feel especially galling to parents out there when a woman who has 3 healthy and presumably non-neurodivergent children, several mansions and palaces at her disposal, unimaginable wealth, a Norland nanny, a very PT and flexible job and all the connections, support and networks a person can ever need talk about things that the average parent who is already struggling can only dream of. To a parent of a SEN or neurodivergent child who still can't access the right social services, or a parent who is deciding between heating or food or one who can only afford a small flat with no green space and all that fresh country air, this doesn't really do much of anything for them and feels rather preachy and hypocritical. I know that's not Kate's intention but I feel like none of this was properly thought out.

But she did look great in that red powersuit, so that's something I guess.

Reactions: 9
I think for me I'm willing to hold judgement until I see where she goes with this, and if it shows to be passion or PR.
If they're canny, there's ways to use the responses to highlight the lack of funding of ECE, and thus exert some pressure without outright breaking the rules around not getting political.

I think there is a bit of a knee-jerk reaction of "you're not actually helping" without considering the timing and possible goals - funding has been largely targeted on crisis management, with funding for early intervention suffering. Where funding has been focused on ECE, inflation is seeing the actual value of that funding drop. The impact to families is the result of the decisions of years past, and the impact is not going to be easily or quickly fixed. The royals aren't allowed to directly meddle in the political elements, and they can't make up the funding issues through a few public personal donations or a single new charity.
This is why outreach campaigns happen - to gain public attention for long-standing issues. The most successful can change public discourse and thought processes - just look at the way the public appeals around breast cancer and cervical cancer have impacted funding and women's likelihood of earlier diagnoses.

I'm not willing to write off a campaign because it doesn't present a quick-fix. There is no quick-fix for a longstanding issue. I am simply hoping there is more to the campaign that time will show, that actually seeks to draw the attention to the reasons behind the issues, and lead to public discourse and pressure for long-term fixes.

@Popcorn&Peanuts Its true, about the sure start centres. An absolute bloody disgrace. They were so helpful and supportive. Ours closed, I was fortunate enough to catch it open with my son. It was an amazing place; they helped me a lot.

Reactions: 13
I’m not sure why the girl who had sex with Harry is acting like he told the world it was her. She says she was forced to tell her Dad and she wishes Harry had let her know prior to the publication - but she’s the one announcing to the world and doing a photo shoot for the Mail?
I just heard on good morning Britain the press was going to come out with it anyway and at least she got paid for her side of the story. I was wondering the exact same thing 😇

I just heard on good morning Britain the press was going to come out with it anyway and at least she got paid for her side of the story. I was wondering the exact same thing 😇
If you're going to be named & shamed, far better to get out ahead of it and get both money and some control of the narrative.

Reactions: 19
Same thing happened to Rebecca Loos with the Beckham story - the paper contacted her and said they were going to run it with or without her input but they'd pay her £££££ for some direct quotes and photos and she took it.

I would tell the world too, if I was being paid 250 grand.

it does all feel like fluff. her and william both have these initiatives that seem like fluff. the prince's trust, the dofe scheme, the invictus games were all stuff that had substance about it. this just seems to be flopping i think she needs to think of something with more substance and promote that. surely she has something she is really passionate about. doesn't she like sport? set up some sort of scheme to do with women in sports
I say it again, she should have taken on the DoE Award program and given it a personal touch with a side project of encouraging girls and women. No need to invent something new.
Although, Early Years deserve the attention. And pointing a finger where it hurts- which doesn’t have to be political. Why aren’t children potty trained before they go to school (what are parents doing differently and why? -my guess: we have a different take on children development and use different and more patient and gentle methods which leads to children staying in nappies longer. The school age/system is the same though. I am sure our mothers would have had 90% of those children out if nappies by 4. The question is - should the system change or will we accept that the gentle and patient approach is not the one that’s working in this set up?). And yes, the social net has eroded. But I have no idea if there are options for Kate to work against this. There are a myriad of things that can be done that won’t cost a thing (like parents in the neighbourhood working together with playground or general watching them on the street/outdoor duty etc.). That’s another thing, which would be interesting to know why the general working together in neighbourhoods has basically completely vanished. It sometimes feel as if you are surrounded by parents but everyone if fighting on their own…. But that would put the call for action on parents….. and I highly doubt that would go down well……
So she can’t call parents out to do certain things, she can’t call out politics…. (I mean, I think she could and be an uncomfortable thorn in the side and ignore the criticism). In that case raising awareness and giving publicity to some nice initiatives is all she can do.
---

I thought that too but then I wondered if maybe people who were in their circle at the time could have figured it out from the information he gave and it might have become common knowledge in a certain group? Maybe it was going to be revealed by someone else and she thought it may as well be her that got the money for it. To be fair she kept it quiet for 20 years. She'd def have been able to get into the DM with this story before now if she wanted to. I know what you mean though - it looks tacky.
That’s exactly what she said. People that were in the same circle at the time figured it out and contacted her about it. To be honest- I would want to cash in from my sex story too if the other party does AND if there is a high probability someone else does by pointing the journos in the right direction.

I think the thing is, everything is so intrinsically linked that for every ‘why can’t this happen’ there is a ‘because’. When I was the age under discussion, working mums were the exception not the rule (to my mum‘s dismay. She bucked the trend by carrying on working when she married, she wasn’t getting away with when she had a baby as well) so there was a ready made crèche of other mum’s and Nanna’s. Like most people I grew up with I have any number of honorary aunties … now families with 2 working parents are the norm, working longer hours and for the Nanna’s working longer to retirement. We played in the street because it was quiet and cars used to honk to let us know they were coming … now the same streets are either parked up or a racetrack. We had clubs and groups coming out of our ears (The Tufty Club, the Story Club in the Library, the local engineering factory had a sports club for club for children of the employees … but all of these have gone for one reason or another).

i think it’s a life thing, really … people are working like stink to keep their heads above water and looking after other kids after a long shift isn’t top priority. People also relocate More now than they probably used to in the past so whereas a few streets probably was a community with people there for a number of years, now they are more fluid. Village schools have closed meaning bussing kids 20 or so miles which has knock on effects for meeting up with friends and after school activists.

So TLDR its a socioeconomic issue that has been probably 50 or more years in the making and isn’t going to be solved by a z-lister saying ‘yay, Kate’s great on Instagram’.

The primary cause of the cost of living crisis and rising inflation isn't really anything to do with Britain but Putin's invasion of Ukraine, restricting energy and food supplies and the sanctions imposed on his regime. Even the Tsars never caused us the problems President Putin has!
You forgot Tory government and their cutting of public services. Why don't they admit they wanna go back to good ole' Dickensian times.

Reactions: 8
With Kate and her work, she HAS done some good stuff in past, the Hold Still project was great, the Heads Together campaign really did mark a change in coverage of mental health, she launched Mentally Healthy Schools which seems to be a great bank of resources for schools re childrens mental health and as per their annual report the foundation does distribute a lot of money in grants to various places. I believe they gave a lot of money to set up the shout text service too.

The problem is that early years isn't a quick fix. You're not going to wake up after an awareness campaign and suddenly everything is fine, it will take decades and a lot of funding to see real change. I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt and see where she goes next/in the next few years and I do think there is value in having such a prominent figure as the chief champion of the topic.

Whilst I don't buy it's her life's passion I also don't necessarily think it's a puff piece/PR project to give her something to do, I think she does genuinely have an interest and want to help, but it's not like climate change, mental health or womens rights where you can see tangiable results from smaller projects, this is going to need long term funding and investment.

One thing the royals have going for them is their convening power. There are many brands who would jump at being involved with a royal project who wouldn't look at it twice otherwise so she could do something like she did for the baby banks (which was a great scheme) on a bigger scale, getting private sector investment.

Reactions: 1
I'm surprised the Mail haven't deleted articles like that. Though I guess they'd have been copied in thousands of other places so not much point
There is a certain royal forum where merely 5 years ago Kate was mercilessly shredded to pieces. Today, they think she is the second coming of Virgin Mary.😇 The old threads are still visible and it's actually sad how support of the people is a fickle thing. Of course, the turn happended in 2017 when they found a new toy to hate. :sneaky: :sneaky:
---

Which is probably even worse. At least criticism means people are talking. I suppose that’s it’s because regardless of intentions it does have a tinge of Lady of the Manor Vanity Project about it.
People have started talking about SureStart programme and how it was scrapped by the current government.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.