The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What on earth are you talking about? I was replying to your ridiculous post about Putin. I didn’t mention the Royals. And neither did you.

And as for the article you quoted - most of the rises in wages have been in industries that used to be reliant on workers from the EU - which were notoriously badly paid. ( Hence having to bring in foreign workers to do those jobs )
“Importing workers from the EU is no longer the safety valve for businesses that it was before Brexit. Employers now have little option but to hike pay to try to entice workers," Indeed economist Jack Kennedy said.”

I’m not sure that article is the win you think it is.
It is for the working class voters who voted Leave

The Truss budget was a catastrophe. I want to say it was a worldwide laughingstock, but it wasn’t funny. She caused an impressive amount of damage.
Some of the issues the UK faces are worldwide due to war and shortages, but some are caused by government mismanagement, and that includes education funding, which is the discussion here.

In regards to Kate, she shouldn’t have picked a political topic. And unfortunately ECE care is considered politicial. I work in education, and it needs more funding, it’s that simple. If the government won’t do that, then she’s treading water. I reckon she should have studied a degree part time while raising the kids and getting her hair done, but she shows no interest in the academic side, which is a shame. Perhaps she read Pippa’s notes? 😂

Reactions: 9
The Truss budget was a catastrophe. I want to say it was a worldwide laughingstock, but it wasn’t funny. She caused an impressive amount of damage.
Some of the issues the UK faces are worldwide due to war and shortages, but some are caused by government mismanagement, and that includes education funding, which is the discussion here.

In regards to Kate, she shouldn’t have picked a political topic. And unfortunately ECE care is considered politicial. I work in education, and it needs more funding, it’s that simple. If the government won’t do that, then she’s treading water. I reckon she should have studied a degree part time while raising the kids and getting her hair done, but she shows no interest in the academic side, which is a shame. Perhaps she read Pippa’s notes? 😂
No it isn't. ECE care itself isn't political, arguing ECE funding should be increased funded by increased taxes is (or saying ECE funding should be cut to cut taxes)

No it isn't. ECE care itself isn't political, arguing ECE funding should be increased funded by increased taxes is (or saying ECE funding should be cut to cut taxes)
That’s the point I’m making. Of course education shouldn’t be political. It’s a right. But unfortunately in our current world it is a political football. The solution unavoidably requires government policy, money and lobbying. If she’s not allowed to do that, then this whole project is a veneer and she’d be better off promoting kids’ sports or something.

Like I said, it’s a shame she didn’t do any real study in the area.

Reactions: 5
I think she can get political though because it is something everyone universally agrees on. She’s not putting herself into contentious topics like Brexit or unions striking, even in her chat with Roman he was taking it down the route of struggling parents economically and she steered it away. The current government have invested money into the Early Years in recent years and ring fenced hundreds of millions for youth centres (whether they ever opened is another question). But she’s held round tables with politicians, she could continue those and put pressure on them to stick to their promises, even fund some centres herself through private corporate donations like Williams done with Earthshot.

Her Hold Still book was a big success, it was a number 1 Times bestseller and non fiction books on self improvement are huge right now, there’s even one I’ve seen that’s popular on not repeating your parents mistakes. She could use her contacts from that book to put together an easily readable book with tips on the early years with all these experts and she write the foreword. Make a tv series talking about this instead of just a 3 minute chat with a radio celebrity that’s put on YouTube. There’s a lot of things she can do and has the contacts for and that we’ve seen William doing that go beyond awareness on instagram.
These are some really great ideas! Maybe Kate should hire some of us from Tattle!
She could start a charity like The Princes Trust and donate money to causes related to early years?
What is William’s ‘life work’ - is it meant to be Earthshot?

Reactions: 7
So Harry’s “older woman” was actually just 2 years older than him! 😮 Yes technically he’s correct, she was an older woman but it was hardly grab a granny night! 😆 He was almost 17 and she almost 19. There’s a bigger age difference between Harry and Meghan than that. 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 17
These are some really great ideas! Maybe Kate should hire some of us from Tattle!
She could start a charity like The Princes Trust and donate money to causes related to early years?
What is William’s ‘life work’ - is it meant to be Earthshot?
Hanging about waiting for his dad to snuff it so he can be king.

I think the fundamental problem with Kate’s early years project is twofold.
- She hasn’t put the work in, so she doesn’t have a true grasp of the subject. A woman who lives in a Palace, has hoards of staff at her beck and call and the best of everything has absolutely no idea what it’s like for people bringing up their children in poverty.
There are plenty of “poor people” who know full well their children need fresh air, decent food to eat, books and a decent education- but just don’t have the finances to provide it.
Look at her recent performance at the food bank. “ I’m still learning “. This woman is 41 years old. If she had the slightest care she would have learned at least something by now.
- It’s NOT her passion or her life’s work. It’s something to do. A PR vanity project to make her look interested.

Reactions: 12

- She hasn’t put the work in, so she doesn’t have a true grasp of the subject. A woman who lives in a Palace, has hoards of staff at her beck and call and the best of everything has absolutely no idea what it’s like for people bringing up their children in poverty.
There are plenty of “poor people” who know full well their children need fresh air, decent food to eat, books and a decent education- but just don’t have the finances to provide it.
Look at her recent performance at the food bank. “ I’m still learning “. This woman is 41 years old. If she had the slightest care she would have learned at least something by now.
- It’s NOT her passion or her life’s work. It’s something to do. A PR vanity project to make her look interested.
And Libraries and playing fields have gone yonwards, schools can’t afford the fripperies (I know my own schoolteacher friend has bought things like crayons out of their own pocket). All the safety nets have been either eroded completely or are hanging by a thread.

Reactions: 14

Her life work is being the wife of Prince William now and trying not to put a foot out of line. She's a figurehead for Early Years education and wellbeing because she's "qualified" through experience on the face of it..and young mums feel they can identify with her even though she is privileged and lives in a different world to them. She needs a vanity project to appear relevant.

That's all she ever says - William as well though oddly I think he seems to have more levels of compassion and empathy than Kate - banal, rehearsed idiocy. Remember, when she shows up to something she wants to 'learn and listen'.

It's all vanity projects to make it look like she does work, and same for him - though I think Earthshot is a great idea.

Imagine if the early years initiatives didn't just state the obvious but gave grants instead to help organizations who already are in the trenches like The Prince's Trust. But that would require WORK. (The book idea is good too! I grew up in a toxic messy household whose parents only learned toxic messy parenting, tried to do better, but had little resources to change it... in a different era now we have many more resources on parenting, and coping with our own childhood traumas and how to not inflict them on our own kids...)

Reactions: 3
it does all feel like fluff. her and william both have these initiatives that seem like fluff. the prince's trust, the dofe scheme, the invictus games were all stuff that had substance about it. this just seems to be flopping i think she needs to think of something with more substance and promote that. surely she has something she is really passionate about. doesn't she like sport? set up some sort of scheme to do with women in sports

it does all feel like fluff. her and william both have these initiatives that seem like fluff. the prince's trust, the dofe scheme, the invictus games were all stuff that had substance about it. this just seems to be flopping i think she needs to think of something with more substance and promote that. surely she has something she is really passionate about. doesn't she like sport? set up some sort of scheme to do with women in sports
The only thing she’s ever been truly invested in was marrying William and getting her mitts on the crown. That was her life’s work.
She’s done.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think Earthshot is doing alright. Kate's stuff does seem like fluff though. I don't think there's any need for her to even have a big headline initiative of her own. She seems to want to be a supporting player rather than be in the spotlight in her own right so why not just let her support stuff that's already up and running. They're trying to force it with the early years stuff and it's not working. It seems a bit aimless - what are the objectives of this initiative?

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure why the girl who had sex with Harry is acting like he told the world it was her. She says she was forced to tell her Dad and she wishes Harry had let her know prior to the publication - but she’s the one announcing to the world and doing a photo shoot for the Mail?

Reactions: 12
I’m not sure why the girl who had sex with Harry is acting like he told the world it was her. She says she was forced to tell her Dad and she wishes Harry had let her know prior to the publication - but she’s the one announcing to the world and doing a photo shoot for the Mail?
Gotta justify why she's cashing in. And the Mail have to spin their narrative.

Reactions: 8
I thought that too but then I wondered if maybe people who were in their circle at the time could have figured it out from the information he gave and it might have become common knowledge in a certain group? Maybe it was going to be revealed by someone else and she thought it may as well be her that got the money for it. To be fair she kept it quiet for 20 years. She'd def have been able to get into the DM with this story before now if she wanted to. I know what you mean though - it looks tacky.

Reactions: 14
I thought that too but then I wondered if maybe people who were in their circle at the time could have figured it out from the information he gave and it might have become common knowledge in a certain group? Maybe it was going to be revealed by someone else and she thought it may as well be her that got the money for it. To be fair she kept it quiet for 20 years. She'd def have been able to get into the DM with this story before now if she wanted to. I know what you mean though - it looks tacky.
Wouldn't the Royal machine have killed this story down in years gone by though? Like if tomorrow someone was to go try and sell a story about having sex with Will at 17 I don't think there's any way the Mail prints it.

The story had died down, it's been weeks since the book was out and most people had gotten over it, so I don't think it was about to be leaked. Not that I think they'd print it if it was leaked by a friend either. I just think she was weighing up whether to sell it or not and waiting for the number to get big enough.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.