The Royal Family #35

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I have noticed since HM's funeral he is looking quite gaunt. I wondered if it was the stress of not becoming Duke of Edinburgh. I notice Sophie looks happy enough so I've concluded he must be ok health wise but it is a bit odd. He's never been this thin before.
I doubt not getting a title would produce a significant enough stress reaction to show physical health ramifications. Anger or annoyance, sure, but significant stress?

Given he's lost his mother, there's significant family stressors around Andrew's bs, the Harry situation, and likely additional responsibilities because of the changes of late, I'd expect if he's lost weight due to stress those are more likely players.

Reactions: 13
I always think Lady C is rather like Mystic Meg on the National Lottery programme back in the day, in that she occasionally gets something right purely by accident, but most of it is bollocks.

I'm another one who is really looking forward to seeing all the pomp and circumstance of a coronation.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Lady C's only going to get anything that's been through a million people.

I remember her extreme cleaners episode, the state of that bleeping castle she lives in...
I don't watch her. But I think it's been playing on my mind, the feeling that things are going to be happening in the next few months in the world and with the Royals.
I know! I know! Things happen in the world. What the heck is up with me?🤷😄

I just saw a photo of Prince Edward at the Radio Times cover party. I did not recognise him at first. He has lost a lot of weight. I hope he is not ill.
Yes I’ve thought the same since HMQ died and saw recent photos of him and it’s quite stark. Hopefully it is “just” grief (not that there is anything “just” about grieving) of losing both his parents in the last 2 years. We know Sophie was very close to the Queen and I imagine Edward was too. I hope he isn’t ill, I quite like him and Sophie, they just keep their heads down and get on with the job and seem to be doing a good job at raising royal kids to be somewhat normal.

Reactions: 10
Someone mentioned the government closures of Sure Start Centres, originally instigated by a Labour government, which had really started to make a difference to parenting and kids’ chances, and particularly in more deprived areas. And this is the right’s modus operandi when they start spending proper money in this area. Even if it works, spending on deprived families are always the first cuts made. Anything that shines a spotlight on young people and parents is to be welcomed, and if funding follows, all to the good. I might be wrong, but I thought Kate had done a course of study in early years issues? I’m pretty sure she’s not daft enough to go blundering blindly into something like this.

Reactions: 2
Someone mentioned the government closures of Sure Start Centres, originally instigated by a Labour government, which had really started to make a difference to parenting and kids’ chances, and particularly in more deprived areas. And this is the right’s modus operandi when they start spending proper money in this area. Even if it works, spending on deprived families are always the first cuts made. Anything that shines a spotlight on young people and parents is to be welcomed, and if funding follows, all to the good. I might be wrong, but I thought Kate had done a course of study in early years issues? I’m pretty sure she’s not daft enough to go blundering blindly into something like this.
She's been working on it for over ten years but that won't stop the detractors from dismissing her efforts.

Reactions: 6
In other news Tom Cruise has been invited to the coronation ( apparently) and James Middleton has been on This morning talking about therapy dogs.

Yes, I saw that. Why that particular deranged midget?
I thought it was meant to be a solemn royal occasion, not a photo opportunity for celebs. 🙄

Yes, I saw that. Why that particular deranged midget?
I thought it was meant to be a solemn royal occasion, not a photo opportunity for celebs. 🙄
He's close to the Wales' and was close to Diana so he's obviously been around TRF for years.

If we're having anyone from the acting fraternity there I'd rather it was him than the one who shall not be named and her husband. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 9
She's been working on it for over ten years but that won't stop the detractors from dismissing her efforts.

I suppose I am a detractor but my big question is what has she to show for those ten years?? I keep asking but I never get a satisfactory response. The knowledge is there. There is loads of research on early years and its importance. I would have had a lot of sympathy with it taking a few years to catch up with all of that. But ten years!!! Surely there should be something more to see.

• Heart
I suppose I am a detractor but my big question is what has she to show for those ten years?? I keep asking but I never get a satisfactory response. The knowledge is there. There is loads of research on early years and its importance. I would have had a lot of sympathy with it taking a few years to catch up with all of that. But ten years!!! Surely there should be something more to see.
People say it’s 10 years but I don’t really think it is, they weren’t working royals for the first couple years of marriage and she’s said it was only after doing work in things like mental health and addiction that she became interested in the early years. But just to answer off the top of my head, she’s launched the Centre for Early Childhood which works in collaboration with LSE to commission and conduct research into early childhood and parenting, she’s worked with the BBC to collaborate and launch the Tiny Happy People website which provides free resources to parents of young children, she brought together multiple British companies to donate over 10,000 items to baby banks and recently launched the new advisory board of experts who will meet regularly to work together across the industry. I regularly see leading experts from within this field say that she has been an important and strong voice for their sector, so she must be doing something.

I’ve made a point of saying in the past I think she could do more, but to say she’s done nothing isn’t really fair or true. Research isn’t glamorous or revenue generating, and even if it provides an answer that wasn’t expected it’s still important, it seems a bit narrow minded to say people already know xyz because research in every field is continually taking place and questioning what we previously thought, and humans are evolving creatures so research into us and our habits changes over time.

What do we think the royals will wear to the coronation? Do we think we’ll see the top 4 in robes etc? I saw there is technically a coronet (basically a small crown to us common folk) for the heir so I wonder will William wear that? Personally I want them to go all out, it’s a coronation and if they’re going to do it they may as well do it properly plus the crowns and tiaras all exist already so it’s not like it will cost anything.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion however that it’s going to be robes and crowns for Charles and Camilla and just nice dress coats and hats for the rest. If so I will be severely disappointed, we get those every year at various services and garden parties and trooping the colour etc I want something good 😅

Reactions: 14
What do we think the royals will wear to the coronation? Do we think we’ll see the top 4 in robes etc? I saw there is technically a coronet (basically a small crown to us common folk) for the heir so I wonder will William wear that? Personally I want them to go all out, it’s a coronation and if they’re going to do it they may as well do it properly plus the crowns and tiaras all exist already so it’s not like it will cost anything.

I’ve got a sneaky suspicion however that it’s going to be robes and crowns for Charles and Camilla and just nice dress coats and hats for the rest. If so I will be severely disappointed, we get those every year at various services and garden parties and trooping the colour etc I want something good 😅
Looking at other royal families who celebrate a new monarch it seems that the dress code is more casual than I would have expected. But the BRF is the only royal family with a coronation so there’s still hope we might get some sparkles!

Reactions: 1

I feel like I should appreciate that he speaks openly about mental health but I've thought for quite some time that James Middleton comes across very badly. This validates my instincts there. I can't abide the "do as I say not what I do" crowd but it's even worse when the person is what appears to be a spoilt loser.

I feel terrible for those who get stiffed every time yet another one of his businesses goes tits up now that they've got to see him living it large in a posh house he should absolutely not have.

• Angry
Reactions: 6

I feel like I should appreciate that he speaks openly about mental health but I've thought for quite some time that James Middleton comes across very badly. This validates my instincts there. I can't abide the "do as I say not what I do" crowd but it's even worse when the person is what appears to be a spoilt loser.

I feel terrible for those who get stiffed every time yet another one of his businesses goes tits up now that they've got to see him living it large in a posh house he should absolutely not have.
Wonder who chipped in, uncle Gary or his parents? He can't have much personal money considering every single one of his businesses failed

Wonder who chipped in, uncle Gary or his parents? He can't have much personal money considering every single one of his businesses failed
His wife is successful, according to the comments. Maybe he's a bit of a kept man?

Reactions: 3
His wife is some sort of french aristo and she works in finance so yeah....
Plus his parents are millionaires.

They don't get any taxpayer funds and provided the council approved the extension lawfully this is their business only

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.