The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah people should leave Harry alone, don't they realise how small the garden was in his 1300 sq ft Christopher Wren designed grace and favor home in Kensignton was?! They endured living there while 2 million was spent on the refurb of another house for them.
Is it as horrendously whiny as it sounded in the papers?

Yesterday I watched a tvprogram about people that fled Belarus, Iran and Russia because of their respective repressive regimes. How Harry can compare his experience of leaving the UK to those who have to go to safety to not end in jail or being assasinated?
That was especially tasteless. He boarded a private plane and relocated to a mansion in his wife's home country. He's not a refugee as much as he pretends to be. Using words like "fled", "picked up our child and ran", draws a very clear comparison with tragic stories that we have been seeing in the media everyday for decades, and it's inappropriate to say the least.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Ah people should leave Harry alone, don't they realise how small the garden was in his 1300 sq ft Christopher Wren designed grace and favor home in Kensignton was?! They endured living there while 2 million was spent on the refurb of another house for them. 0.01% of people in central London had a bigger garden than that!
I guess the only one that counts is Wiliam - having SEVERAL ACRES in Anmer. Even though both houses have ten bedrooms, a pool and a tennis court.
And obviously now, W has the Duchy of Cornwall and is residing over 531.3 square km- 0.2% of UK land.

i don’t see how they can bring up the racism issue AGAIN in M’s books. Especially after H said they never called them racist and that they are not racist. Only having unconscious bias ….. 🙄

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
At the end of this article it mentions that Harry received millions when the Queen Mum died. I wonder if the Queen left him a substantial amount of money too?

I have mentioned this book before, it’s a good read. The amount of money the royals have is staggering. This details forensically what they have and all their shenanigans On how they keep it, including dodgy tax schemes.
Amazon product

I would actually be annoyed about this too if I were him, if it indeed happened that way. One thing though - was there any reason he couldn’t have moved out to his own place? Or would he not be allowed to for security reasons?

Reactions: 5
H&M definitely rattled. Their stooge Omid Scobie is liking tweets calling the palace 'entitled inbreds'.

Funny, for a royal news editor.
He's almost worse than Harry. Vile man with no authenticity to his career or voice. Also, what's with the 1990s style curtains haircut.

Why is he carrying around the case - I thought he'd have to have the gun on him. You'd lose a bit of time taking it out of the case if anything happened.

The Times review of the book. I think they have an interesting point when they say William might not have grasped the full extent of Harry's jealousy and frustration.
My favourite line - best pr Meghan will ever get and even here she’s annoying 😂😂

Meghan is on some saintly pedestal to Harry - hope her halo doesn’t slip to him - fallout wil be catastrophic!

Reactions: 4
The gun in a case is bizarre. Unless, is it maybe not a security person at all? I don't know what the laws are, but is there some law that would prevent a someone carrying it openly if they weren't actually security or trained/licenced etc?

Funny how they are anti gun but want armed protection (not that that contradiction is restricted to just them in the celeb world)

Reactions: 3
Was Harry a spendthrift to only have Ikea furniture and have to use Meghan's credit card to get more furniture? He is supposed to have inherited millions, how was it possible that he couldn't afford nice furniture? The cottage wasn't that big as he likes to claim, so it's not like he needed that many furniture.

Reactions: 8
At the end of this article it mentions that Harry received millions when the Queen Mum died. I wonder if the Queen left him a substantial amount of money too?

I have mentioned this book before, it’s a good read. The amount of money the royals have is staggering. This details forensically what they have and all their shenanigans On how they keep it, including dodgy tax schemes.
Amazon product

I would actually be annoyed about this too if I were him, if it indeed happened that way. One thing though - was there any reason he couldn’t have moved out to his own place? Or would he not be allowed to for security reasons?
I would imagine both Prince Philip and The Queen have left their grandchildren substantial personal legacies.

Plus they wanted the more normal life...supposedly. He is kind of confirming that the humble normal modern couple image from when they first got together was just PR. He's obviously always wanted the trappings of being royal, but without doing the work

Reactions: 8
Maybe he wanted to send a message that he has armed security after all the Taliban drama? You don't usually see celeb bodyguards with cases like that do you?

I would imagine both Prince Philip and The Queen have left their grandchildren substantial personal legacies.
I would imagine so too...not sure it's enough to sustain the lifestyle they are currently living though. They seem to be plowing through money

Reactions: 3
Was Harry a spendthrift to only have Ikea furniture and have to use Meghan's credit card to get more furniture? He is supposed to have inherited millions, how was it possible that he couldn't afford nice furniture? The cottage wasn't that big as he likes to claim, so it's not like he needed that many furniture.
havent W and K said that the childrens' rooms have ikea furniture?

I would imagine so too...not sure it's enough to sustain the lifestyle they are currently living though. They seem to be plowing through money
And again, it’s probably not going straight into a debit account … it will be tied up in all sorts of trusts and clauses.

havent W and K said that the childrens' rooms have ikea furniture?
No idea, but the way Harry talks about the furnishing of his cottage, he seems quite dissatisfied. I think Ikea furniture for kids is a good idea as anyway you won't keep them for decades so why spending a lot of money on it. Just to make it clear, I haven't anything against Ikea furniture, as a good plebeian I also do have some Ikea furniture, it's just interesting that Harry sees it as an outrage.

I also wonder if Kate and wills apartment has to have some element of granduer and historic pieces as heirs to the thrown, for hosting etc (like with the Obamas). If heads of state show up to an IKEA showroom I'm guessing it wouldn't have same impact.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No idea, but the way Harry talks about the furnishing of his cottage, he seems quite dissatisfied. I think Ikea furniture for kids is a good idea as anyway you won't keep them for decades so why spending a lot of money on it. Just to make it clear, I haven't anything against Ikea furniture, as a good plebeian I also do have some Ikea furniture, it's just interesting that Harry sees it as an outrage.
Given that Harry doesn’t seem to have liked the decor in Windsor Castle, I’d have thought he would have leapt at the chance to have their own stuff.

I mean, when he lived there as a bachelor during the whole relative in the basement era, he would have furniture … how did he get that? Is he really saying that the first time he saw William’s apartment was when he was introducing Meghan? I mean even I know of the furnishings … there were photographs when when the Obama’s gave Prince George a pressie.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
"Harry complains that he has never been on the Tube or ordered a parcel from Amazon or carried money or a house key or owned a car."

How sad. It means that he always had people carrying things for him and he was always being driven around. There are pics of Kate/Wiliam driving. Why he couldn't too. His mum was also having a car.

Harry seems like he has always expected other people to do things for him. Like he never ordered anything by himself? Why not? What prevented him to do so? He actually probably expected that his cottage would be furnished according to his taste without lifting a finger.

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.