The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So that makes it okay? The difference is if it bothered Harry he could have said something, that’s something the deceased cannot do and raking up the past about a loved one who has died can be incredibly traumatic for their loved ones, or don’t their feelings matter either?
He literally just repeated what she wrote. Fair enough if he'd included some intimate details or something I'd be angry but there is no new info there

I saw this as someone who really liked Caroline and still sometimes can't believe she's gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I just think it’s a little different when the person is alive.
But most auto/biographies include stories about people at are deceased 🤷‍♀️ … and in this case it wasn’t like he was saying anything new or that wasn’t out there anyway.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I don’t get the Harold thing either. It’s a bit daft, but 🤷🏽‍♀️ again another example of the way they’re treated. You won’t criticise William & Kate
🤔 So you’re saying it’s okay for Harry to say whatever he wants about whoever he wants and not for others, okay Harold 😉
Ok Prince of Pegging! 😉

I’d put good money on Flack not asking permission to mention Harry in her book and he was actually alive to ask.

Reactions: 5
But most auto/biographies include stories about people at are deceased 🤷‍♀️ … and in this case it wasn’t like he was saying anything new or that wasn’t out there anyway.
Maybe you’d be okay with someone raking up stories about your deceased children/loved ones, personally I’d find it very painful but each to their own.

Reactions: 2
Maybe you’d be okay with someone raking up stories about your deceased children/loved ones, personally I’d find it very painful but each to their own.
Well, I’d go for every day is painful regardless … but it’s not that he said anything that she hadn’t opened the door on already, and he wasn’t disrespectful.

Virtually every auto/biography ever written has stories about people who are deceased … and a high proportion of those have family still living. I’m not sure what you are saying should happen … no biography should ever mention people who have died that have family still living?

Reactions: 6
So that makes it okay? The difference is if it bothered Harry he could have said something, that’s something the deceased cannot do and raking up the past about a loved one who has died can be incredibly traumatic for their loved ones, or don’t their feelings matter either?
In Harryland nobody's feelings or emotions matter except for his as the ultimate victim who must call out the evils in the world like how Caroline died because of the press which was all about him (as if their brief fling had anything to do with it, he had to make her tragic suicide about him), or Kate being mean to Meghan, or William jealous of him. It is HIS TRUTH! Gag.

• Heart
Well, I’d go for every day is painful regardless … but it’s not that he said anything that she hadn’t opened the door on already, and he wasn’t disrespectful.

Virtually every auto/biography ever written has stories about people who are deceased … and a high proportion of those have family still living. I’m not sure what you are saying should happen … no biography should ever mention people who have died that have family still living?
I’m not sure I’d agree with ‘everyday is painful regardless’. I would imagine Diana being dragged up by all and sundry over the years makes those times more painful, at least for some of her loved ones but perhaps if the same were done about one of your deceased loved ones it wouldn’t bother you, therefore you view it differently.
Harry’s book is supposedly because he‘s upset about him and Meghan being talked about but they seem to think it’s okay to say whatever they like about others.

I don’t get the Harold thing either. It’s a bit daft, but 🤷🏽‍♀️ again another example of the way they’re treated. You won’t criticise William & Kate

Ok Prince of Pegging! 😉

I’d put good money on Flack not asking permission to mention Harry in her book and he was actually alive to ask.
It’s in Harry’s book, Harold is a nickname William apparently uses for Harry and I believe Harry calls William, Willie. The ‘Prince of Pegging’ is beyond childish and cruel, weren’t you recently criticising an account for its nastiness?
Kate and William have stayed silent while Harry is constantly attacking them, they must be devastated and on top of that William has had to watch his grandparents deteriorate and die, what is there to criticise? What have they done to deserve so much hatred from Harry?
I can’t imagine any of us thinking it would be okay if it were happening to us.

Last edited:
  • Heart
He added that if reconciliation does not happen, he will focus on his life and family.
Apparently said on GMA. I sure bloody hope so.

I thought initially that although there may be reconcilliation with Charles, there wouldn't be with William. After what he's said about Camilla, I now doubt he'll be able to reconcile with either.

“Even if there was an agreement or an arrangement with me and my family, there is that third party that is going to do everything they can to make sure that that isn’t possible,” he added. “Not stopping us from actually going back, but making it unsurvivable. And that’s really sad, because that is essentially breaking the relationship between us."
And with Strahan. Seems to imply the rift he's made won't be repaired due to the media... rather than what he's said and his total lack of accountability. Err.

He won't focus on his life and family. This is his lifeblood, staying in the media firing broadsides at his family who cannot respond. Without it they have 0 public profile.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Dan Wootton has now said he was briefed by the Sussexes multiple times.

If Harry and Meghan claim briefing the tabloid Press is some sort of unforgivable 'crime' undertaken by Charles, Camilla, William and Kate, then they are just as guilty.

I've had enough of media figures tiptoeing around what we all know are falsehoods

How do I know? Well, I was on the receiving end of such briefings by the Sussexes' own communications team during my years covering Meghan's time in the Royal Family as I broke a series of now infamous scoops, from Tiaragate, the bitter rivalry between Kate and Meghan, and, ultimately, Megxit.

I had loads of phone conversations with staff of the Sussexes, where I was provided with their side of the story in order to balance revelations that, let's be honest about it, usually made them look bad.

For example, when I revealed the couple had hired their third nanny in just six weeks, their team explained to me the 'first nanny was a night nurse' and they didn't want to 'take any risks getting this decision right'.

Or when I told how Meghan had made the highly unusual decision to sign a big money book deal while still a working member of the Royal Family, the couple's team told me her first tome would 'absolutely not be some sort of tell-all about her life in the royal family.' Oh, how times change.

I even worked closely with Harry and Meghan's staff before revealing their controversial decision to Megxit in January 2020, giving the couple a week's notice before publication and including their official briefing expressing frustration they were 'not central to the future plan' of the monarchy following the release of an official picture of the Queen with Charles, William and George.

Well, the media, and therefore the public too, had no idea about those ructions until I first revealed Meghan and Kate had fallen out about the way the actress was said to be rudely speaking to staff at Kensington Palace in an exclusive in November 2018.

By the way, at the time courtiers working for William and Kate strongly denied the story to try and keep the peace with the Sussexes, making a mockery of Harry's claim they were negatively briefing against Meghan.
Wootton is an unappealing hack which is probably why this hasn't been picked up widely, but these are very direct accusations he's making in a paper that Harry is currently suing.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
He won't focus on his life and family. This is his lifeblood, staying in the media firing broadsides at his family who cannot respond. Without it they have 0 public profile.
I just don’t see how the RF can take much more of this, especially mentally, I would be broken if it were me. Surely alot of this is slander and needs their legal team to intervene?

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 3
Dan Wootton has now said he was briefed by the Sussexes multiple times.

Wootton is an unappealing hack which is probably why this hasn't been picked up widely, but these are very direct accusations he's making in a paper that Harry is currently suing.
To be fair, and this might just be my natural antipathy to Wootten, but I think there are 2 situations at play … one is being the one to go to the press with a story, which is what I would call the briefing against, and the second is the press checking with the other party and asking for a comment/explanation. I think some of his examples fall into the later.

(I don’t think anyone doubts that there is a weird, symbiotic love/hate relationship between the RF and the media?)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
To be fair, and this might just be my natural antipathy to Wootten, but I think there are 2 situations at play … one is being the one to go to the press with a story, which is what I would call the briefing against, and the second is the press checking with the other party and asking for a comment/explanation. I think some of his examples fall into the later.

(I don’t think anyone doubts that there is a weird, symbiotic love/hate relationship between the RF and the media?)
He should really expand on tiaragate, since he claims credit for that one. W+K had no involvement in that situation, nor did C+C.

Reactions: 2
I’m still confused about the wedding dress shite. It’s getting more confusing with every new article. I’m sure it will become clearer when I get the book tomorrow and read the words.

As far as I understand from what I’ve read; Catherine tried the dress on Charlotte at home, Charlotte threw a bit of a tantrum because she was 3 and that’s what toddlers do, Kate wanted the dress fixed so messaged Meghan, Meghan had already told her the tailor was waiting at the palace and she just needed to take the dress to her. The stress got to Meghan as she was dealing with issues with her father, she asked Catherine if she knew the stress she was under because of everything going on and Catherine told her she did but with four days to the wedding they needed to sort the dresses. Everything got to Meghan and she cried, Catherine cried, this made everyone else cry. Somewhere along the line Catherine wanted to throw a party for the page boys. After time for everyone to dry their eyes and blow their noses, Catherine apologised to Meghan for upsetting her and gave her some flowers. The end.

No long term harm for little Charlotte though. She was happily chatting away to Harry at the Queen’s communal ceremony at St George’s Chapel. Sounds like they’re keeping the kids out of the petty arguments for now.

I’m still confused about the wedding dress shite. It’s getting more confusing with every new article. I’m sure it will become clearer when I get the book tomorrow and read the words.

As far as I understand from what I’ve read; Catherine tried the dress on Charlotte at home, Charlotte threw a bit of a tantrum because she was 3 and that’s what toddlers do, Kate wanted the dress fixed so messaged Meghan, Meghan had already told her the tailor was waiting at the palace and she just needed to take the dress to her. The stress got to Meghan as she was dealing with issues with her father, she asked Catherine if she knew the stress she was under because of everything going on and Catherine told her she did but with four days to the wedding they needed to sort the dresses. Everything got to Meghan and she cried, Catherine cried, this made everyone else cry. Somewhere along the line Catherine wanted to throw a party for the page boys. After time for everyone to dry their eyes and blow their noses, Catherine apologised to Meghan for upsetting her and gave her some flowers. The end.

No long term harm for little Charlotte though. She was happily chatting away to Harry at the Queen’s communal ceremony at St George’s Chapel. Sounds like they’re keeping the kids out of the petty arguments for now.

OT but is that the beautiful size 10 Sarah Ingham in your pic? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
He's just said that he put out a statement defending Meghan from the media and Charles and William were furious maybe because they hadn't had a chance to do that for their partners. I thought the story went that William reluctantly put his name to the statement even though he thought it was a bad idea? It kind of did turn out to be a bad idea in the sense that it created more coverage and interest not less. I only found out that he had a new girlfriend when that statement was released.
For starters H put the statement out because M threatened to break up with him if he didn't defend her against vague and unconfirmed reports of racist attacks in the press. Why should W or anyone in their right mind be comfortable with co-signing that?

The "end" I read when this story first emerged & obv didn't make it into H's narrative is Kate brought flowers and Meghan shut the door in her face.

#recollectionsmayvary

Reactions: 9
Not to mention Meghan having a fit about it when Kate just had a baby. Everyone was high strung. They seem fixated on this episode and other petty stupid things.,

Im shocked everything was to the last minute. All the outfits, the uniforms, everything.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.