The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine a world leader complaining that they didn't have keys for their free home that came with the job or that they never ordered things themselves on the internet. 🙄

There are people employed literally to open a door and to make sure items needed just arrive exactly where they're wanted with zero hassle.

Reactions: 10
To be fair, the quote said he didn’t have a car, not that he couldn’t drive. As there are photos of him driving, I took that to mean he didn’t have a car he could call his very own but used cars from the royal fleet, without all the unnecessary hassle of putting petrol in, insuring it, cleaning it, worrying about someone nicking his parking space …
Do you think he read The Man in the Iron Mask after a couple too many puffs of the wacky baccy.
Heaven knows who the Three Musketeers are.

Reactions: 1
I heard earlier on the radio a reporter reporting from outside Waterstones at Piccadilly. There were 40 journalists/ news people there to report on the his book being released and the store opening early to accomodate the masses. There was one person in the queue. She had been there since 6am and was a fan. She was then joined by anothe person. So 40 reporters for two people.
Saying this, Waterstones claim they have unprecedented amounts of the book on pre-order.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Imagine a world leader complaining that they didn't have keys for their free home that came with the job or that they never ordered things themselves on the internet. 🙄

There are people employed literally to open a door and to make sure items needed just arrive exactly where they're wanted with zero hassle.
I read Michelle Obamas autobiography. She recalled when they first got into the Whitehouse, the were offered all the best food, so ordered tons of it, then they were presented with the bill! The US President has a far more serious job than The King, but has to pay for what he uses. yet the British Head of States second son is complaining about his free room and board in a Palace? Presumably one of several rooms he had at his disposal, at Highgrove, Balmoral, Windsor, Buckingham Palace etc. I wonder how well that will go down in the US!

Yes that's ridiculous. Unless the were actually abusive and shut him away in a basement room with no furniture while they all lived the highlife upstairs, he's complaining that his diamond shoes are too tight. He didn't get his own car, but he also didn't have to find the money for a new car, the insurance, the repairs or the petrol.
To be fair, the quote said he didn’t have a car, not that he couldn’t drive. As there are photos of him driving, I took that to mean he didn’t have a car he could call his very own but used cars from the royal fleet, without all the unnecessary hassle of putting petrol in, insuring it, cleaning it, worrying about someone nicking his parking space …
I hate driving. I’ve always said if I was a multi millionaire I’d have a chauffeur - no worries about finding a car parking space or filling up, etc. Heaven!

He complains about privileges most of us could only dream about.

Reactions: 11
I hate driving. I’ve always said if I was a multi millionaire I’d have a chauffeur - no worries about finding a car parking space or filling up, etc. Heaven!

He complains about privileges most of us could only dream about.
I think because their living life in the lap of luxury is their ' normal' they don't see it as luxury, just what they should expect. So they see other people choosing their own car as some kind if luxury. Because they never have to deal with money, they don't think about how ' normals' have to look at their bank balance first. Most people cant just go to the Jaguar showroom and choose 'green' and get some flunkey to pay the insurance.

I also wonder if Kate and wills apartment has to have some element of granduer and historic pieces as heirs to the thrown, for hosting etc (like with the Obamas). If heads of state show up to an IKEA showroom I'm guessing it wouldn't have same impact.
I imagine given the size of KP, they have a reception room for those purposes

Just painful. If he wanted to get the tube, carry some of his own personal immense wealth in cash or order something from Amazon he could do.

Aristocrats complaining that they've been sheltered from plebeian things is ridiculous.

None of them would cope if they had to live a day doing what a normal does.
Princess Anne was spotted on the tube (I think) so perfectly doable

Reactions: 3
I imagine given the size of KP, they have a reception room for those purposes

Princess Anne was spotted on the tube (I think) so perfectly doable
Yeah, but that’s Princess Anne isn’t it.
she saw orf an armed kidnapper. Anyone trying it on with her would just get a ‘not bloody likely’.

I mean, none of them are particularly real world ready, but the women of the family certainly seem to have more about them than the men do.

Reactions: 12
I read Michelle Obamas autobiography. She recalled when they first got into the Whitehouse, the were offered all the best food, so ordered tons of it, then they were presented with the bill! The US President has a far more serious job than The King, but has to pay for what he uses. yet the British Head of States second son is complaining about his free room and board in a Palace? Presumably one of several rooms he had at his disposal, at Highgrove, Balmoral, Windsor, Buckingham Palace etc. I wonder how well that will go down in the US!
I would imagine his family are highly embarrassed/mortified by his spoilt brat rantings/attacks but Harry is a grown arse man and his family have little power to stop him it seems, especially as Harry is now a supposedly mature man, at least in age. As much as I think Meghan has enabled his behaviour, Harry is ultimately responsible for this vile tit show. He clearly cares about no one but himself, not even his recently deceased grandmother whose life’s work he’s also trashing, he’s grotesque.

Reactions: 7
"Harry complains that he has never been on the Tube or ordered a parcel from Amazon or carried money or a house key or owned a car."

How sad. It means that he always had people carrying things for him and he was always being driven around. There are pics of Kate/Wiliam driving. Why he couldn't too. His mum was also having a car.
Boohoo, has he also ever worried that he can’t afford to turn his heating on that day? Or had to stretch the food in his fridge over more meals than it’s worth? Or even queued in a doctors waiting room? If he wants to complain about not doing normal people things he could try realising how lucky he’s been to not have to do those things.

But, who was paying for all his drinks on nights out and when he would go on dates if he wasn’t allowed money?

Reactions: 8
Out of all the people to feel sorry for in the world, Harry would be right down the bottom. He is a spoilt brat with too much time on his hands and too few brain cells to realise his immense good fortune. Wazzock.

Reactions: 5
Boohoo, has he also ever worried that he can’t afford to turn his heating on that day? Or had to stretch the food in his fridge over more meals than it’s worth? Or even queued in a doctors waiting room? If he wants to complain about not doing normal people things he could try realising how lucky he’s been to not have to do those things.

But, who was paying for all his drinks on nights out and when he would go on dates if he wasn’t allowed money?
Starting to think the Harry portrayal in The Windsors programme was actually a very true to life portrayal.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Out of all the people to feel sorry for in the world, Harry would be right down the bottom. He is a spoilt brat with too much time on his hands and too few brain cells to realise his immense good fortune. Wazzock.
Wazzock...that's an old school insult I haven't heard for years 🤣🤣

Edit..stupid autocorrect trying to change it to Warlock?!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The late Queen has spoken 😉
Oh yes. Sending all the dampness to match his wet personality.

He’s loving all this. Walking about with his glock carrying bodyguard. Imagine being willing to take a bullet for that waste of space.

Reactions: 3
I think because their living life in the lap of luxury is their ' normal' they don't see it as luxury, just what they should expect. So they see other people choosing their own car as some kind if luxury. Because they never have to deal with money, they don't think about how ' normals' have to look at their bank balance first. Most people cant just go to the Jaguar showroom and choose 'green' and get some flunkey to pay the insurance.
In a way, I’m a bit like that … in that I wouldn’t mind timetravelling back for a while and and living in Tudor England … with the proviso I was rich, in current favour with the crown and was able to bring with me modern ophthalmics, medicine and plumbing. So I would mind greatly.

They wouldn’t mind ‘normal’ life as an experiment if they could keep the castles, the money, the staff, the privileges … so they would mind greatly.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.