The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah, horribly and sneerily defensive here 'Did we say that? Did we? The British Media did' Smug sneer. And I thought he came across really level headed for the first 45 mins so I'm not down on him at all.
Ya even if he wanted to make the point that they never used the word, he could have accepted that it was understandable that people read into it that way. I mean what Meghan described is the very definition of racism. This isn't even an example of the media sensationalising and I think every ordinary person watching would have thought racism as soon as they heard that story. It's the way he's denying it that is so infuriating. It wasn't just the British media calling it racism either. It was the world media.

Reactions: 8
Ya even if he wanted to make the point that they never used the word, he could have accepted that it was understandable that people read into it that way. I mean what Meghan described is the very definition of racism. This isn't even an example of the media sensationalising and I think every ordinary person watching would have thought racism as soon as they heard that story. It's the way he's denying it that is so infuriating. It wasn't just the British media calling it racism either. It was the world media.
Really is. Reminds me of someone you're trying to get your point across to but they shut you down and don't let you speak. Gives me the rage as I really recognise it!!

Reactions: 2
BIB is so spot on.
I understand Harry having issues with the press particularly given the way his mother died but we have to have a press and they have to have a certain amount of freedom. If they abuse that freedom then there are ways of dealing with that - it's not always perfect but it's there. There have been serious abuses of power and Harry grew up at a time when the press and the paparazzi were particularly persistent and vile. Harry does seem to want the press to be deferential to him and only print what he wants. You could tell in the ITV interview that he wasn't happy with some of TB's questions and he wasn't afraid to let his disdain show. I don't think that he'll work with him again.

I think Harry has valid points about the press and the way it treats women in particular - I presume that's why he's mentioning Caroline Flack and also as an example of what could have happened to Meghan. I just think that he hangs all his points on Meghan not deserving any negative comment that ever came her way as if the public didn't have the right to know why a member of the RF was evicting people from their seats at Wimbledon to clear a ring around her or why a member of the RF was spending £500000 on clothes in one year or why someone who keeps talking to us about climate change takes private jets 4 times in 2 months or whatever it was. And he also seems to think that every negative article about her came from someone within the family which is just ridiculous. No interviewer ever asked him how he knew that the family were briefing against Meghan. He also doesn't seem to understand about clickbait - that they'll add Meghan's name into a stupid story about avocadoes not because they dislike her but because it will get people to read it.
But Harold is no better than those he criticises, he used Caroline Flack’s name to profit from, not even considering or caring of the hurt and pain that would cause her mother/father/sister/loved ones. He also contradicted himself somewhat over the Press being racist, as Caroline Flack was not black, or mixed race but was treated as appallingly as most of the women who’ve dated/married within the royal family. And I can’t think of much worse than a topless photo circulating around the world as they did to Kate. The Press and the Paparazzi were vile to Kate and she was so young when it started. If anything it’s misogynistic.
Harold doesn’t practice what he preaches of others, he’s a hypocrite, he has no respect for others privacy not even those deceased. I can’t see him getting away with this much more before the tide turns if only a little, as I think he’s pushed way too many peoples buttons this time and of those who’ve previously had his back and it will serve him right.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
The overwhelming majority of the Oprah interview was about them calling the RF racist. he's even thicker than we all thought to now start denying that. Say you got it wrong, sure, but don't make out you never said it in the first place.

Reactions: 22
I thought when Harry said William and Charles called him delusional it could have been about his theory they were leaking so much. I don’t doubt they leaked and briefed against him, but I also don’t doubt he did the same back, him and Meghan quite literally helped to write Scobie’s book and that’s been proven in a court of law, but I don’t believe they were constantly briefing. I think a lot of leaks are more likely from staff. You pay staff £40-£50k in London, treat them like tit whilst dressing in outfits that would pay their rent for the year, you don’t think a few of them are gonna take a few thousand cheeky pounds from the tabloids for a story or 2?
I think so too and I wonder if the lies that Charles was meant to be telling at Sandringham were something related to Meghan leaking stories to the press. We already know that she and Harry co-operated with Finding Freedom in secret and I'd be very surprised if she didn't know about her friends talking to People magazine and Omid Scobie has often had scoops that must have come from them - the RF certainly aren't briefing him. Gayle King knew about the phone call between Harry/Meghan and the RF the morning after the Oprah interview - again can't have come from the RF.

Reactions: 9
Why is he doing so many interviews in the US and just the one in the UK? Is he afraid we'll know too much about the royal system and will be more discerning? If I'm to be really generous, I get that he hates the UK media, but he doesn't have to sit down with the Daily Mail.

I have perfectly intelligent friends in America, and even they were fooled by some of his stuff on Oprah, because the background just isn't there. Also the whining about security doesn't exactly go down well here in the UK when us taxpayers are expected to foot the bill, for him to then spend his money (earned from speaking about the RF to American news networks) in America.
But you don't understand. They'd leak it! He has to do it publicly in a multi million dollar deal!!!
But we don’t know how true any of this is, I just think it’s so uncalled for. Can you imagine if you were Kate and Meghan stated to the world you went all stiff and awful when you hugged her, even though you did it as you saw it as the polite thing to do. Why on earth would anyone be so cruel, other than to cause hurt to that person. These attacks on Kate just make Meghan look incredibly jealous of her, it’s certainly not showing her in a good light.
You can bet that H&M couldn’t take any of this being done back to them, especially so publicly, their every move scrutinised, their private conversations aired and mocked in public it must be soul destroying. In a way that’s what needs to happen to them big time, so they can see how it feels, otherwise I can’t see them ever stopping. As it is I think they will forever play the victims when they are anything but.
There are a lot of pictures out there of Meghan giving Kate measured looks which speak volumes of jealousy and bitchiness going on in Meghan's head ....

• Sick
Reactions: 6

This story doesn’t make sense to me. I thought they said they were going for lunch there and when they arrived Andrew and Fergie, and I think one of the girls(?), were there and Fergie taught her to curtsy?
I loved the clip from Suits that surfaced of her curtseying to Louis Litt (fantastic character) ... Didn't know how to curtsy my eye.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I loved the clip from Suits that surfaced of her curtseying to Louis Litt (fantastic character) ... Didn't know how to curtsy my eye.

I mean that’s a 1 second bob, not really a curtsy. The clip in the documentary made me think she got it confused with a Texas dip, it was rather low.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The overwhelming majority of the Oprah interview was about them calling the RF racist. he's even thicker than we all thought to now start denying that. Say you got it wrong, sure, but don't make out you never said it in the first place.
A narcissist will never admit they got it wrong. His interviews are very telling, he doesn’t take any responsibility, or see anything as his fault, quite the opposite. He has absolutely no self awareness, he‘s constantly playing the victim to excuse what many of us see as grotesque behaviour.

Reactions: 9
Do people think the marriage will last? I never have and still don't. Another two years tops I'd say.
Neither do I. I just want to know what will be the straw that breaks the camel’s back. I highly doubt the royals will accept him back into the fold but Harry will always be ok. I think Frogmore will be taken away at some point, potentially for Louise. If he was sensible for once in his life and insisted Meghan signed a pre nup then she will get nothing for him and he will have all the money he needs for the rest of his life without needing to work. No doubt he also has investments etc so some cash rolling in.

That was outright gaslighting. Tom Bradbury was a bit gob smacked with that response. That's when he should have taken Harry to task but he didn't.

I mean that’s a 1 second bob, not really a curtsy. The clip in the documentary made me think she got it confused with a Texas dip, it was rather low.
But that's what they do. Whenever they greet each other it's just a little bob. The men just bow their heads, not a full on bow from the waist.

Reactions: 8

This story doesn’t make sense to me. I thought they said they were going for lunch there and when they arrived Andrew and Fergie, and I think one of the girls(?), were there and Fergie taught her to curtsy?
Dear god he really is as thick as mince if he truly believes Meghan didn‘t google the life out of him/them.

Reactions: 14
They are clearly angling narratives, stories, wording etc for the US market. Racism, victimhood and Diana worshippers/conspiracy theories are big sellers in America.

I'm not saying there aren't elements of truth in what he and meghan have said or experiencd. But they have definitely taken what has happened behind the scenes and run with it to create a narrative that suits them and could make them money, knowing that it will not be challenged by the RF.

I also firmly believe this was in place when they married. The Netflix documentary to me helped confirm that in my mind

Reactions: 10
According to Harry and the texts, Kate wanted the bridesmaids dresses remade. She wasn't wrong.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Talk about arrogance:
Harry told the interviewer: 'It's so petty but the bridesmaids' dresses. While I was writing the book we were on version 29 or 30, all of which involved my wife supposedly making numerous people within my family cry which simply wasn't the case. For historical reference the truth needs to be there and it needs to come from me.'
Why does the truth about who made whom cry need to come from him? If there is his and Meghan’s truth, why can’t there be Katés truth where she also cries? Why does he even feel the need to get involved in that pettiness at all?

Reactions: 15
I haven’t heard numerous people in his family cried. Just that it was Meghan or Kate.
I wonder if he does do a deep dive into some fan sites and reads individuals conspiracy/thoughts and thinks they are then widely known.
His truth isn’t the truth anyway, he wasn’t there so he is giving a second hand version of the truth as his version so clearly biased by whoever (Meghan) gave him that account.

Reactions: 5
I thought when Harry said William and Charles called him delusional it could have been about his theory they were leaking so much. I don’t doubt they leaked and briefed against him, but I also don’t doubt he did the same back, him and Meghan quite literally helped to write Scobie’s book and that’s been proven in a court of law, but I don’t believe they were constantly briefing. I think a lot of leaks are more likely from staff. You pay staff £40-£50k in London, treat them like tit whilst dressing in outfits that would pay their rent for the year, you don’t think a few of them are gonna take a few thousand cheeky pounds from the tabloids for a story or 2?
I think most of the staff would be lucky to be paid £40-50k! The Royals are notoriously tight with their pay.

Talk about arrogance:

Why does the truth about who made whom cry need to come from him? If there is his and Meghan’s truth, why can’t there be Katés truth where she also cries? Why does he even feel the need to get involved in that pettiness at all?
In all seriousness how could you ever have a relationship with either of them again, you couldn’t text them, talk to them without fear of it being twisted and being sold to the highest bidder. I don’t see how anyone will ever trust them again, let alone them mixing with dignitaries without fear of it being in their next book, or discussed on Oprah, Jeremy Kyle or god knows where.
They‘ve done untold damage to their reputations but they seem too far up their own arses to see it.

Reactions: 11
He says the press are bad to the females in the royal family yet he is happy to throw Kate under the bus constantly, the mother of his 3 young nephews and niece.

if he truly felt that the press is so dangerous and saw what megan went through, he would never want to put someone else through it.

If we go through something truly traumatic we would never wish that on our own worse enemy let alone familh, yet he is more than happy to disregard kate and camilla’s feeling here because he is angry at his brother and daddy and knows thats the best way to get to them.

Pathetic man child.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.