The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It shows a certain amount of arrogance to think you can come in and change something as locked down with rules and tradition as the institution of the RF. Meghan has chutzpah and would be willing to give it a go, but Harry really should have known he was on a hiding to nothing. They don’t want to change the institution to better it for the greater good, they want it to be arranged so that it gives them a world platform and due deference. To put them on an equal footing as the heir and his wife. Never going to happen. That photo with the Queen with Charles, William and George knocked him sideways - literally. He took it as a slight rather than what it was, all the immediate heirs lined up. But it hit home, he wasn’t important to the institution but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t loved.

They need to forge their own way, but after this latest set of revelations, the big hitters like the Obamas are going to give them a swerve. It would be even worse with no titles. They will always get attention and speaking gigs, and their more diehard fans will still love them, but their kudos is waning. That is why they still want a royal role, it gives them currency and kudos.

Meghan is a feminist but she got her platform by marrying someone else who got his platform by default of his birth, not because he had anything relevant or worthwhile to say. They should feel grateful that anybody is willing to listen to anything they have to say, that platform was never earned.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I think Kate has turned herself inside out to become what the Royal Family want (which means she probably is uptight and quite controlled) and couldn't quite understand someone who turned up and refused to accept any of the conventions and rules of the family. But if you want to marry into an institution like the Royal Family, you do have to do what Kate does, otherwise you need to leave, not try and change them, because the whole thing needs to be overhauled in such a fundamental way that it will never happen. Any change will happen only at the will of the one at the top, and even then, at a snails pace. Not someone who isnt anywhere near the line of succession and his new wife.
Do you think that’s just a royal family thing though? Every family has a hierarchy, a way of doing things and a balance of personalities, so I think if someone came in and started telling any family the things they do are wrong, making inappropriate comments and doing things out of the norm of the family, most people would raise some eyebrows. It seems similar to the story of her meeting Harry’s friends for the first time when she called out or questioned every joke or comment they made and they left feeling bewildered.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
with the hugging thing i see both sides. i don't love being hugged by people i don't know but i still do it to be polite but i also go all stiff and awful when people who i don't know well are hugging me.

i do think it would have been more polite for kate to hug meghan especially as she's going to be her sister in law!
But we don’t know how true any of this is, I just think it’s so uncalled for. Can you imagine if you were Kate and Meghan stated to the world you went all stiff and awful when you hugged her, even though you did it as you saw it as the polite thing to do. Why on earth would anyone be so cruel, other than to cause hurt to that person. These attacks on Kate just make Meghan look incredibly jealous of her, it’s certainly not showing her in a good light.
You can bet that H&M couldn’t take any of this being done back to them, especially so publicly, their every move scrutinised, their private conversations aired and mocked in public it must be soul destroying. In a way that’s what needs to happen to them big time, so they can see how it feels, otherwise I can’t see them ever stopping. As it is I think they will forever play the victims when they are anything but.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
I think its rude to say to someone who you don't know that well. I might joke it with a close family member or friend that I have that kind of jokey relationship with. I'd never say it to anyone else though and certainly not to a family I'm just joining.

Reactions: 16
Do you think that’s just a royal family thing though? Every family has a hierarchy, a way of doing things and a balance of personalities, so I think if someone came in and started telling any family the things they do are wrong, making inappropriate comments and doing things out of the norm of the family, most people would raise some eyebrows. It seems similar to the story of her meeting Harry’s friends for the first time when she called out or questioned every joke or comment they made and they left feeling bewildered.
I think the sheer number of petty rules make it more pronounced. Most family dynamics naturally change because most families don't have things set in stone to the same extent, or they would raise eyebrows and then it wouldn't be a big deal. I agree Meghan shouldn't have gone in and demanded changes, and Harry should have prepared her more. If she then ran for the hills like his other girlfriends, or she said 'I can't do this' and they had both left together to live quietly, then that would have been fair enough.

They don’t want to change the institution to better it for the greater good, they want it to be arranged so that it gives them a world platform and due deference
Agree. Carrying on giving their kids titles and spending more taxpayers money keeping the RF as bloated as it is now would not make it better. Harry wants equal status, but he wants Monarchy to exist. The two situations are incompatible.

Reactions: 5
Do people think the marriage will last? I never have and still don't. Another two years tops I'd say.

On the H&M thread they are saying the ghostwriter quit the book halfway through and Meghan finished it which is why the writing style changes. No idea of the source or if it is true though.

Reactions: 6
But we don’t know how true any of this is, I just think it’s so uncalled for. Can you imagine if you were Kate and Meghan stated to the world you went all stiff and awful when you hugged her, even though you did it as you saw it as the polite thing to do. Why on earth would anyone be so cruel, other than to cause hurt to that person. These attacks on Kate just make Meghan look incredibly jealous of her, it’s certainly not showing her in a good light.
You can bet that H&M couldn’t take any of this being done back to them, especially so publicly, their every move scrutinised, their private conversations aired and mocked in public it must be soul destroying. In a way that’s what needs to happen to them big time, so they can see how it feels, otherwise I can’t see them ever stopping. As it is I think they will forever play the victims when they are anything but.
Because they can only see things from their side … I guess it was supposed to show Meghan as being relaxed and informal and friendly and Kate as standoffish, when all it really showed was Meghan couldn’t respect personal boundaries.

Reactions: 8
Do people think the marriage will last? I never have and still don't. Another two years tops I'd say.
I don't think it will last, but I think Harry will blame the marriage breakdown on the Royals and the press. There will be no reconciliation I dont think. It will make him more angry and resentful. I also think he can't leave the US anyway, because of the children.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
It shows a certain amount of arrogance to think you can come in and change something as locked down with rules and tradition as the institution of the RF. Meghan has chutzpah and would be willing to give it a go, but Harry really should have known he was on a hiding to nothing. They don’t want to change the institution to better it for the greater good, they want it to be arranged so that it gives them a world platform and due deference. To put them on an equal footing as the heir and his wife. Never going to happen. That photo with the Queen with Charles, William and George knocked him sideways - literally. He took it as a slight rather than what it was, all the immediate heirs lined up. But it hit home, he wasn’t important to the institution but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t loved.

They need to forge their own way, but after this latest set of revelations, the big hitters like the Obamas are going to give them a swerve. It would be even worse with no titles. They will always get attention and speaking gigs, and their more diehard fans will still love them, but their kudos is waning. That is why they still want a royal role, it gives them currency and kudos.

Meghan is a feminist but she got her platform by marrying someone else who got his platform by default of his birth, not because he had anything relevant or worthwhile to say. They should feel grateful that anybody is willing to listen to anything they have to say, that platform was never earned.
They pay lip service to wanting to change things and ‘modernise the monarchy’ and make it less stuffy and so on and so forth … but the minute it looks like it is heading that way there is a collective fit of the collywobbles and the nearest small child is trussed up in a costume from the attic to settle some nerves.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think it’s already on the rocks. Apart from narcissism, I don’t see them as having anything in common, they’re not compatible intellectually. She probably thought she could change him to make him more her type but let’s face it he‘s made a bathroom bin look more intelligent than him and then there’s his whinging and whining, he would drive a saint to sin. I think I’d rather do time inside with my new Bic pen than be under the same roof as him. I think he‘s probably served his purpose where Megan’s concerned and given her plenty of ammunition to come out favourably in a divorce.
Although I think it will be a huge shock to Harold as he’s clearly infatuated with Magical Meghan and her seal serenading.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I don’t think Meghan has finished with him yet.

Imagine the tsunami if she does part with him. She’s a one for moving on without looking back, isn’t she? He would be clinging on to her ankle refusing to let go.

Hopefully he is as happy as he says he is. If only he could tell his face.

Reactions: 9
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
As others have said it’s down to context.
Meghan may have said something along the lines of “You’re so stupid. I hope that’s down to baby brain!” which wouldn’t be nice at all. She didn’t know her well enough to comment so it was likely intended as an insult. It’s totally different if Kate had said of herself “Oh I’m just being silly, put it down to my baby brain!”

Tbh I say I have “meno brain” all the time but I don’t think even my close family say it. My best friend does but she has it too so we laugh about it!

Also, saying someone has baby brain is a bit gaslighty. It’s a calm down, you don’t know what you remember or said. It’s to change the situation to your advantage type of statement. Kate’s white knuckles on a chair shows how frustrated she was with the pair of them. She probably thinks, the audacity!

Reactions: 12
Interesting article on Harold’s ghostwriter

I don’t think Meghan has finished with him yet.

Imagine the tsunami if she does part with him. She’s a one for moving on without looking back, isn’t she? He would be clinging on to her ankle refusing to let go.

Hopefully he is as happy as he says he is. If only he could tell his face.
Not to mention the onslaught Harold will get from the Sugars when they split, god help him. 🤣

Last edited:
I struggle to understand social media accounts like this. I haven’t blanked their name as they have over 27k followers. I know fan accounts exist but to set one up to tweet awful things daily about a couple you don’t know. It just proves a lot of what they say. They’re hounded and bullied. Accounts exist in the names of H&M too, doing the exact same thing but about William & Kate. It’s one thing to have a discussion or debate but these people are mental!
It’s stalking. It’s unhinged. Piers Morgan, in one week, wrote somewhere near 60 Tweets about Meghan! I mean wtf? Why? Again, like or dislike either couple. It’s unacceptable and the laws regarding the media really need to be looked at!

Attachments

It depends on how it’s said. I can be lighthearted but it can be used as a put down or to be dismissive.

Reactions: 1
Lets be honest at this point if Harry said its raining and someone said 'yes but it's going to be sunny later' He'd take offence to that!

I struggle to understand social media accounts like this. I haven’t blanked their name as they have over 27k followers. I know fan accounts exist but to set one up to tweet awful things daily about a couple you don’t know. It just proves a lot of what they say. They’re hounded and bullied. Accounts exist in the names of H&M too, doing the exact same thing but about William & Kate. It’s one thing to have a discussion or debate but these people are mental!
It’s stalking. It’s unhinged. Piers Morgan, in one week, wrote somewhere near 60 Tweets about Meghan! I mean wtf? Why? Again, like or dislike either couple. It’s unacceptable and the laws regarding the media really need to be looked at!
They exist on both the pro and anti side. They all hate each other but are basically two cheeks of the same arse. This bizarre book aside, I don’t get the interest.

• Heart
I've been watching snippets of the interviews. I think he is challenged, but it always comes down to the same thing. The press and the Royals relationship with the press, which they definitely have. One thingvthatcstuck out gor me is the bit about whether or not Harry called the RF racist. He said ' it's not accudingvthem of racism, having been brought up in that family. Now if they have said something racist, it's still racist, even if the people saying it don't think it's racist. It's all a bit odd. Why did he tell Meghan then? Did he not realise it was offensive?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.