The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can't believe we're talking about baby brain and bridesmaid dresses and frostbitten penises. Barring his army days, which ended 10 years ago, it just shows how little of note these people actually do on a daily basis.

However if it's a choice between hearing about baby brain or his exciting role as a CHIMPO, I'll take the baby brain, thanks.

Lets be honest at this point if Harry said its raining and someone said 'yes but it's going to be sunny later' He'd take offence to that!
And then he'd take offence to your reaction to his reaction.

Reactions: 12
What difference would giving up your titles make?

Well Harry, how about proving that you can go it alone and don't need the institution and family that you rant against and supposedly hate and are so evil. Why if they're so bad would you want the titles? Surely you want to be free of that world? Have the courage of your convictions like your cousins have, and other worldwide RF

I'd say the question actually is, why DO you WANT those titles still?!

Reactions: 17
What difference would giving up the titles make? well the pay checks for a start!

Reactions: 11
Also, saying someone has baby brain is a bit gaslighty. It’s a calm down, you don’t know what you remember or said. It’s to change the situation to your advantage type of statement. Kate’s white knuckles on a chair shows how frustrated she was with the pair of them. She probably thinks, the audacity!
It’d probably be extra frustrating when Meghan had picked female empowerment as her royal cause and had sat next to her on a stage talking about women speaking up for themselves. When Kate did that she just got told it wasn’t a big deal because in America that’s a fine thing to say.

If I can get the book in my local Tesco on lunch I’ll get it, Amazon was saying yesterday it’s taking over a week for delivery and that feels a bit late to the party.

Reactions: 1
I’ve just seen a brief snippet of the Anderson Cooper interview where Harry said he arrived at Balmoral and was greeted by his Aunt who said the Queen had passed and asks ‘Do you want to see her?’.

Anderson Cooper actually asks ‘Where was she?’ 🤢🤮

Wtf answer was he expecting and why is it in the public’s interest??

Out of all of the unsavoury details that have been overshared (and there have been many) this was the worst for me.)

• Sick
Reactions: 9
I’ve just seen a brief snippet of the Anderson Cooper interview where Harry said he arrived at Balmoral and was greeted by his Aunt who said the Queen had passed and asks ‘Do you want to see her?’.

Anderson Cooper actually asks ‘Where was she?’ 🤢🤮

Wtf answer was he expecting and why is it in the public’s interest??

Out of all of the unsavoury details that have been overshared (and there have been many) this was the worst for me.)
It seems nothing is off the table where Harold’s concerned for the right price, not even his grandmother’s passing, it’s grotesque.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
It does make me wonder what on earth was hastily removed from the book after the Queen died if he’s happy with this shite being left in. 😬

Reactions: 16
Re the hug thing. Narcs lovebomb. It’s how they reel people in. Kate has a reserve about her, plus she is used to people treating her with a certain amount of respect. The fact that a stranger hugged her and she wasn’t altogether gushy back isn’t someone who is cold, just not used to being treated with such informality at the first moment of meeting. Meghan is a narc. She didn’t like her “warmth” being rejected because it meant she couldn’t love bomb.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It shows a certain amount of arrogance to think you can come in and change something as locked down with rules and tradition as the institution of the RF. Meghan has chutzpah and would be willing to give it a go, but Harry really should have known he was on a hiding to nothing. They don’t want to change the institution to better it for the greater good, they want it to be arranged so that it gives them a world platform and due deference. To put them on an equal footing as the heir and his wife. Never going to happen. That photo with the Queen with Charles, William and George knocked him sideways - literally. He took it as a slight rather than what it was, all the immediate heirs lined up. But it hit home, he wasn’t important to the institution but that doesn’t mean he wasn’t loved.

They need to forge their own way, but after this latest set of revelations, the big hitters like the Obamas are going to give them a swerve. It would be even worse with no titles. They will always get attention and speaking gigs, and their more diehard fans will still love them, but their kudos is waning. That is why they still want a royal role, it gives them currency and kudos.

Meghan is a feminist but she got her platform by marrying someone else who got his platform by default of his birth, not because he had anything relevant or worthwhile to say. They should feel grateful that anybody is willing to listen to anything they have to say, that platform was never earned.
Great post! I think you’re spot on

Reactions: 1
I do think the hug/baby brain thing is a bit of a UK/US divide to an extent though. We do have the stiff upper lip British thing going on and American's can be extremely over familiar, it's simply not something we are used to experiencing/they are used to being rejected upon. I'm not saying Meghan was in the right or Kate the wrong, but I certainly thing there is a strong element of cultural differences and not all down to Meghan being a twit.

Reactions: 5
I'm watching the Anderson Cooper interview now and Harry's coming across really well. I can totally see why he has supporters.
He's just said that he put out a statement defending Meghan from the media and Charles and William were furious maybe because they hadn't had a chance to do that for their partners. I thought the story went that William reluctantly put his name to the statement even though he thought it was a bad idea? It kind of did turn out to be a bad idea in the sense that it created more coverage and interest not less. I only found out that he had a new girlfriend when that statement was released.

He's also said that the tabloid coverage made his family prejudiced against Meghan from the start although he does say that Charles took a liking to her initially. I think it's understandable that the RF would be wary of Harry getting together with an American actress but I also think they'd have judged her on her own merits after knowing her for a while.

He's blaming the argument with William on William being told certain things by the people in his office and William consuming a lot of tabloid articles. William had a few issues which were not based on reality and Harry was defending his wife. They were shouting at each other and William snapped and pushed him to the floor.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6

This story doesn’t make sense to me. I thought they said they were going for lunch there and when they arrived Andrew and Fergie, and I think one of the girls(?), were there and Fergie taught her to curtsy?

Reactions: 5
Question: do you think Harry is sat in his California mansion today thinking what the duck have I done?

"I've insulted my Father's wife, trashed my Brother and Sister in Law, the Taliban are now out for me and everyone knows I shagged in a field with my cut cock to loose my virginity, and got my arse slapped.

I thought we left the UK for privacy, Meg why did this go so wrong? Meg, meg ... you still here?"

• Haha
I'm watching the Anderson Cooper interview now and Harry's coming across really well. I can totally see why he has supporters.
He's just said that he put out a statement defending Meghan from the media and Charles and William were furious maybe because they hadn't had a chance to do that for their partners. I thought the story went that William reluctantly put his name to the statement even though he thought it was a bad idea? It kind of did turn out to be a bad idea in the sense that it created more coverage and interest not less. I only found out that he had a new girlfriend when that statement was released.

He's also said that the tabloid coverage made his family prejudiced against Meghan from the start although he does say that Charles took a liking to her initially. I think it's understandable that the RF would be wary of Harry getting together with an American actress but I also think they'd have judged her on her own merits after knowing her for a while.
I think he came across OK in the Anderson Cooper interview too. I can't be bothered to waste 2 hours watching Tom Bradbury. I did read some things in The Guardian which were interesting and less hysterical than the tabloids coverage. Their Royal Correspondents asked whether Harry wanted to go back to the days of utter press deference to the Roysls, where Edward viii's abdication plans and relationship was hidden from the British public. It seems like he does. The Royals need the press to show themselves to the public, because those days of press deference are gone. They have to have a relationship with the press to show everyone what they are doing and big up their pretty low workrate. Obviously they don't have to throw their own children under the bus, but the press want juicy gossip. So the Royals have to get into a faustian pact with the press. Harry seems to want the Royals to continue, with him still getting the benefit, but on its own terms, like ye olden days, when they could just do what they want without anyone knowing, when the real criticism is that they don't scrutinise his family enough. They sweep under the carpet all the poor behaviour, the exempting themselves from legislation, the tax dodges in return for gossip about Meghan /Kate crying.

Still on Anderson Cooper. He briefly touches on Meghan's suicidal thoughts and Harry being afraid of history repeating itself. AC asks about giving up the titles and said that people are going to say why are you sharing private conversations you had with your father and brother? He said he's tried to do this (not sure what this is referring to) privately but there's briefings etc every single time. Harry would never leak against his family but now he's trying to speak a language they understand by speaking for himself and not using an unnamed source that would feed into a tabloid media that would radicalise it's readers and potentially cause harm to his family, wife and kids.

This argument is very weak! Did he think the tabloids weren't going to report on his book even if it hadn't been leaked before launch? This is a very poor justification for exposing private conversations and personal information about Charles and William.

Jeremy Clarkson is next up. That idiot played right into Harry's hands - what he wrote is shocking. Harry even says thank you for proving our point! I'm with Harry on this one. No response from the palace and silence is betrayal.

He's manipulating the truth with his account of the Queen's death. If you weren't aware of what happened you would think that Kate went up to Balmoral and that Harry missed out on saying goodbye because he wasn't invited on the plane.

Onto his relationship with Charles and William - haven't spoken in quite a while but he can be fixed with a private conversation that won't be leaked. AS says they'll probably say that Harry could leak it in an interview somewhere. Harry's reply is that this all started with them briefing daily about his wife with lies to the point where he and Meghan had to run away from his country. Says that they would still be a family if it weren't for the British press. He looks forward to having the relationship with his family back. It's all he's ever asked for. Ends here on Harry look v sincere!

I'm not buying this part. Even if they were briefing, they weren't doing it daily. They'd want to have very fertile imaginations to brief a story every day. And the running away talk is completely over the top.

The interview I watched was only 26 minutes long. Am I missing a bit or does 60 mins have 34 minutes worth of ads?

Reactions: 10
Still on Anderson Cooper. He briefly touches on Meghan's suicidal thoughts and Harry being afraid of history repeating itself. AC asks about giving up the titles and said that people are going to say why are you sharing private conversations you had with your father and brother? He said he's tried to do this (not sure what this is referring to) privately but there's briefings etc every single time. Harry would never leak against his family but now he's trying to speak a language they understand by speaking for himself and not using an unnamed source that would feed into a tabloid media that would radicalise it's readers and potentially cause harm to his family, wife and kids.

This argument is very weak! Did he think the tabloids weren't going to report on his book even if it hadn't been leaked before launch? This is a very poor justification for exposing private conversations and personal information about Charles and William.

Jeremy Clarkson is next up. That idiot played right into Harry's hands - what he wrote is shocking. Harry even says thank you for proving our point! I'm with Harry on this one. No response from the palace and silence is betrayal.

He's manipulating the truth with his account of the Queen's death. If you weren't aware of what happened you would think that Kate went up to Balmoral and that Harry missed out on saying goodbye because he wasn't invited on the plane.

Onto his relationship with Charles and William - haven't spoken in quite a while but he can be fixed with a private conversation that won't be leaked. AS says they'll probably say that Harry could leak it in an interview somewhere. Harry's reply is that this all started with them briefing daily about his wife with lies to the point where he and Meghan had to run away from his country. Says that they would still be a family if it weren't for the British press. He looks forward to having the relationship with his family back. It's all he's ever asked for. Ends here on Harry look v sincere!

I'm not buying this part. Even if they were briefing, they weren't doing it daily. They'd want to have very fertile imaginations to brief a story every day. And the running away talk is completely over the top.

The interview I watched was only 26 minutes long. Am I missing a bit or does 60 mins have 34 minutes worth of ads?
I thought when Harry said William and Charles called him delusional it could have been about his theory they were leaking so much. I don’t doubt they leaked and briefed against him, but I also don’t doubt he did the same back, him and Meghan quite literally helped to write Scobie’s book and that’s been proven in a court of law, but I don’t believe they were constantly briefing. I think a lot of leaks are more likely from staff. You pay staff £40-£50k in London, treat them like tit whilst dressing in outfits that would pay their rent for the year, you don’t think a few of them are gonna take a few thousand cheeky pounds from the tabloids for a story or 2?

This bit I thought he was a massive cock, instead of just clarifying what they meant he’s being pedantic and trying to one up Tom, when Tom is actually right.
Yeah, horribly and sneerily defensive here 'Did we say that? Did we? The British Media did' Smug sneer. And I thought he came across really level headed for the first 45 mins so I'm not down on him at all.

Reactions: 4
I think he came across OK in the Anderson Cooper interview too. I can't be bothered to waste 2 hours watching Tom Bradbury. I did read some things in The Guardian which were interesting and less hysterical than the tabloids coverage. Their Royal Correspondents asked whether Harry wanted to go back to the days of utter press deference to the Roysls, where Edward viii's abdication plans and relationship was hidden from the British public. It seems like he does. The Royals need the press to show themselves to the public, because those days of press deference are gone. They have to have a relationship with the press to show everyone what they are doing and big up their pretty low workrate. Obviously they don't have to throw their own children under the bus, but the press want juicy gossip. So the Royals have to get into a faustian pact with the press. Harry seems to want the Royals to continue, with him still getting the benefit, but on its own terms, like ye olden days, when they could just do what they want without anyone knowing, when the real criticism is that they don't scrutinise his family enough. They sweep under the carpet all the poor behaviour, the exempting themselves from legislation, the tax dodges in return for gossip about Meghan /Kate crying.

BIB is so spot on.
I understand Harry having issues with the press particularly given the way his mother died but we have to have a press and they have to have a certain amount of freedom. If they abuse that freedom then there are ways of dealing with that - it's not always perfect but it's there. There have been serious abuses of power and Harry grew up at a time when the press and the paparazzi were particularly persistent and vile. Harry does seem to want the press to be deferential to him and only print what he wants. You could tell in the ITV interview that he wasn't happy with some of TB's questions and he wasn't afraid to let his disdain show. I don't think that he'll work with him again.

I think Harry has valid points about the press and the way it treats women in particular - I presume that's why he's mentioning Caroline Flack and also as an example of what could have happened to Meghan. I just think that he hangs all his points on Meghan not deserving any negative comment that ever came her way as if the public didn't have the right to know why a member of the RF was evicting people from their seats at Wimbledon to clear a ring around her or why a member of the RF was spending £500000 on clothes in one year or why someone who keeps talking to us about climate change takes private jets 4 times in 2 months or whatever it was. And he also seems to think that every negative article about her came from someone within the family which is just ridiculous. No interviewer ever asked him how he knew that the family were briefing against Meghan. He also doesn't seem to understand about clickbait - that they'll add Meghan's name into a stupid story about avocadoes not because they dislike her but because it will get people to read it.

Reactions: 7
On the H&M thread they are saying the ghostwriter quit the book halfway through and Meghan finished it which is why the writing style changes. No idea of the source or if it is true though.
Bollocks, there’s no evidence of that.

Some people sound like they can’t wait for Meghan to leave him and it’s a bit uncomfortable verging on creepy.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.