The Royal Family #33

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
It can be if you are in an argument. Just imagine someone tells you your point is basically stupid because you just have baby brain and hormones….. enough husbands have slept on the sofa for less. The thing is, K apparently realised she was a bit dramatic after sleeping in it and apologised for making a fuss and even got her flowers. In return M got upset when she was told she didn’t exactly behave de-escalating either.

ADDED: can you image if someone brushed off M woe is me story in SA with, it’s probably all baby brain and hormones……

Reactions: 23
God when will it end. I really resent his posho tones been blasted into my home on the hour every hour via the radio news.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Since when has baby brain been offensive? It isnt! I'm neither a Meghan or Kate fan but if it's true Kate had a witch fit over "baby brain" she's as much of a silly little girl as Meghan.
It can be hugely offensive if it's not said by someone your close with and in a rude belittling way.

Reactions: 13
Getting mine from the library as well.! I just treat the whole thing like a soap opera, with all of them pretty much being as bad as each other.
I don’t take any of it seriously 😀
I don't really either but it can be entertaining

Reactions: 2
It can be if you are in an argument. Just imagine someone tells you your point is basically stupid because you just have baby brain and hormones….. enough husbands have slept on the sofa for less. The thing is, K apparently realised she was a bit dramatic after sleeping in it and apologised for making a fuss and even got her flowers. In return M got upset when she was told she didn’t exactly behave de-escalating either.

ADDED: can you image if someone brushed off M woe is me story in SA with, it’s probably all baby brain and hormones……
I do get that, having a bad day and someone saying that to you would make you mad. Still think it's a bit much but not knowing the context we'll probably ever know how it was said or why.

Reactions: 1
The baby brain comment reminds me of whrn men snidely say we’re on our periods if we’re being emotional or rightly upset. It’s invalidating.
I think the context is missing isn't it. So for some people saying it's not offensive. It's probably not if you say it about yourself or with good friends. It is offensive when it's someone you don't know so well or at work.
My boss said it to a pregnant lady once at work -"it's just your hormones making you feel this way" and he was reported to HR about it.

If they had an argument about something and halfway through Megan said don't worry its just your hormones. I can see why Kate would be upset.

• Heart
I dont Know if anyone else has picked up on the fact we were fed (by the very same media and institution he now hates) what a fun, kind and compassionate guy Harry was. Evidently his PR was excellent as he’s clearly not that person, all bitter and twisted.

i feel cheated.

Reactions: 8
The absolute lack of self awareness of Harry making snide comments about Williams appearance! I mean ffs, he’s a plain looking bloke himself.
Although William is not ageing well, at least he was attractive at one point in that RF horsey kind of way!
[/QUOT
I do get that, having a bad day and someone saying that to you would make you mad. Still think it's a bit much but not knowing the context we'll probably ever know how it was said or why.
It was not MM's prerogative to say that under any context. As someone else has said, it's ok if it is said by a woman herself as a laugh or with a friend.

Reactions: 8
Re the baby brain comment, it's just a bit insensitive and loaded isn't it? It's like, if you really mean no malice then saying something along the lines of "oh don't worry about it, you've just had a baby/you've got a lot going on, it's fine" is a lot nicer than "oh it must be your hormones, you've got baby brain".

As many have said, they clearly weren't close and it sounds like there had already been some issues so it certainly sounds like it was said with meaning, and not a flippant comment.

Also it's a full circle thing, if you're saying someone's hormones are affecting them, then chances are their hormones are going to impact how they take that comment!

Unless you're close or know each other well, comments like that are best avoided imo.

Reactions: 17
British Press - calls RF racist because of what Meghan and Harry say in an interview.
Meghan and Harry - *silence*
British Press - calls Meghan and Harry numerous things that 'sources' have prompted
RF - *silence*

Harry - HOW DARE THEY? WHY HAVEN'T THEY SPOKEN UP ABOUT THE THINGS THAT HAVE HURT ME? THEY'RE IN BED WITH THE DEVIL!

Reactions: 10
I would have used baby brain back in the day, I think Kate sounds really uptight with no sense of humour! I use menopause brain now!
😀
Do you say it about yourself though?

The issue was someone who didn't know her very well said it to her. I'd have been pissed off too. As @Olebiscuitbarrel said it's similar to 'are you on your period?'

By this stage Meghan hadn't had a child herself so was talking out of her arse anyway. She obviously had baby brain when she thought TRF were being racist .....

Reactions: 6
I don't think you can call Kate 'uptight with no sense of humour' because she was offended by Meghan saying she had baby brain. :rolleyes:

I think most people know the kind of head Harry used to be - entitled, rude, laddish (not unlike his uncle Andrew). But this new kind of head - sitting-in-his-truth, tree-hugging, singing with seals, spilling other people’s business for the highest bidder, that’s very much Meghan’s influence.
People liked that head though. :ROFLMAO:

Did Harry forget he'd done so many interviews/what he said in each one? I've just watched the GMA interview and he's now talking about how much compassion he has for Camilla and any deal she may have made with the press she only did because was "led to believe" it was the only option. He also reiterated his "I would support the commonwealth in the future" line... is he going on TV to beg his Dad for a job?! This is the problem with lining up so much exposure in one go, it's very easy for people to track your lies and you have to be 100% sure to keep your story straight...something Harry seems incapable of

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Perhaps he wants the Commonwealth role because he knows that other avenues are drying up, and they are not getting the acclaim they would do if they went off on a commonwealth trip on behalf of the RF. He probably thinks that the RF will be glad to give him said role - The King and Queen of the Commonwealth. If the RF do, they are making a big mistake. You don’t reward bad behaviour.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Did Harry forget he'd done so many interviews/what he said in each one? I've just watched the GMA interview and he's now talking about how much compassion he has for Camilla and any deal she may have made with the press she only did because was "led to believe" it was the only option. He also reiterated his "I would support the commonwealth in the future" line... is he going on TV to beg his Dad for a job?! This is the problem with lining up so much exposure in one go, it's very easy for people to track your lies and you have to be 100% sure to keep your story straight...something Harry seems incapable of
Harry has no proof of what he’s saying, just as in the Oprah interview. He’s using it as an excuse for his despicable, bullying behaviour to his family, who he knows can’t answer back. He’s like those cowardly bullies at school who pick on someone weak because they haven’t the balls to pick on someone who will give them as good as they give back, I detest people like that.
And as for Harold saying something along the lines of…..if he has a conversation with his brother and father in the future to mend bridges he hopes it will stay private, he’s got some nerve! I’m not a violent person but I’d make an exception for him if he ever came near me again, I’d see him as a chess piece and knock him off the board. I’d never give him another chance if I was William to hurt him or his family again. If that’s what Harry calls loving his family it’s a love they can do without.
I hope William gets help to cope with all his brother has done to him and so publicly, as it must have broken his heart and even from Harry’s own mouth most of us can see that William loves Harry and must be at his wits end with all this, on top of recently losing his grandparents, I would be broken if I were in William‘s position. Harry is beyond despicable.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I don't think you can call Kate 'uptight with no sense of humour' because she was offended by Meghan saying she had baby brain. :rolleyes:
I think Kate has turned herself inside out to become what the Royal Family want (which means she probably is uptight and quite controlled) and couldn't quite understand someone who turned up and refused to accept any of the conventions and rules of the family. But if you want to marry into an institution like the Royal Family, you do have to do what Kate does, otherwise you need to leave, not try and change them, because the whole thing needs to be overhauled in such a fundamental way that it will never happen. Any change will happen only at the will of the one at the top, and even then, at a snails pace. Not someone who isnt anywhere near the line of succession and his new wife.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
with the hugging thing i see both sides. i don't love being hugged by people i don't know but i still do it to be polite but i also go all stiff and awful when people who i don't know well are hugging me.

i do think it would have been more polite for kate to hug meghan especially as she's going to be her sister in law!

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.