The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Although they have definitely made mistakes, I think we can now see that the Royal Family (both the family and institution) have had quite the handful in Harry to handle over the last 25 years. Rightly or wrongly he has been protected and maybe had stuff covered up because of his mother's death.

I hope the RF are learning lessons from all this, plus the racist incident with Williams godmother. There are clearly outdated views and attitudes. If the RF are smart, and want to survive, they will use this mess to clean house, rebrand, and come back stronger. Similar to what they did after Diana's death.

Reactions: 9
Tbf Charles shouldn’t have had to give any reasons. The Queen was dying, after all the tension Meghan has been the centre of why should she be there? Irrespective of who else is, it’s about the Queen and what she would have wanted in her final moments and drama wouldn’t have been it. His head is so far up his arse he can’t grasp reality anymore.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
She’s probably Googling divorce lawyers as he recites his book to her. I honestly can see the fall out from all this being the straw that breaks the camel’s back.
He’s proved he can’t brush his teeth alone. Meghan was alongside him as he mouthed every cringeworthy detail.

Reactions: 1
Remember it’s all for the American audiences now.
I think I’d die if I listened to him on audible repeatedly refer to William as Willy.
I cant take him seriously.
How can Harry not know how stupid it sounds calling William Willy? It sounds like a euphemism every time he says it!
That must be a spoof copy sold to the press surely!

Reactions: 5
I feel bad for the kids.

I remember, as a kid, thinking Diana's interview must have been awful for William and Harold at school.

And nows Harold's just gone and done it to the next generation.
I swear William has said, or 'sources' did, that he was bullied or at least teased about his parents war and all the details of their sex life.

That's what always annoys me about harry, his brother in some ways had it so much worse. Diana leaned on him a lot, at such a young age. And he went through his teens with his parents sex life everywhere.

Portraying one brother the eternal victim and the other as just a mean bully is incredibly unfair and inaccurate

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Tbf Charles shouldn’t have had to give any reasons. The Queen was dying, after all the tension Meghan has been the centre of why should she be there? Irrespective of who else is, it’s about the Queen and what she would have wanted in her final moments and drama wouldn’t have been it. His head is so far up his arse he can’t grasp reality anymore.
I agree. Despite the sense of ownership the public (and family, it seems) feel over the monarch, they're a human at the end of the day. Someone's death isn't a spectator event, and they should be surrounded by the people they love.

When my mother died, I did not ask my husband to join us at the hospital. Not because of any bad blood, but because in those last moments it wasn't about me having a support person, it was about my mother having her little family unit say goodbye.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Most people seem to think this is a real quote from the book 😆. It's bad when people can't tell the difference 😬
View attachment 1859095
The fact people see it as a plausible extract from the book says an awful lot about the current opinion of Harry. I can genuinely see him believing something so moronic! I take it Wills is Cersei in this scenario.

Reactions: 4
I agree. Despite the sense of ownership the public (and family, it seems) feel over the monarch, they're a human at the end of the day. Someone's death isn't a spectator event, and they should be surrounded by the people they love.

When my mother died, I did not ask my husband to join us at the hospital. Not because of any bad blood, but because in those last moments it wasn't about me having a support person, it was about my mother having her little family unit say goodbye.
Exactly. Unless spouses are particularly close it’s about immediate family only in such important moments. It isn’t the time for awkwardness and family politics.

Reactions: 8
I think it’s very clear why Meghan wasn’t allowed at balmoral. It would have been in the Netflix tit show.

Reactions: 12
The fact people see it as a plausible extract from the book says an awful lot about the current opinion of Harry. I can genuinely see him believing something so moronic! I take it Wills is Cersei in this scenario.
I've seen a lot of 'extracts' like that where I really had to think about whether they were real or not.

Reactions: 2
Not having partners at the death of a monarch, actually at the death of anyone, seems completely normal. If you are a large family it's very normal for just direct children/grandchildren to go in. You don't want the room over crowded

Reactions: 12
Reactions: 14
There is no way he should be invited to the Coronation. Yesterday I thought he should be, kill him with kindness, but actually no, not after the reveal what he said to the Queen’s dead body, and the taliban thing. And they should also remove his titles. The Palace have probably been racking their brains on how to stop him, but now that he is gushing like a geyser, there’s no point being kind to him. Just kick him right out. Draw a massive line under it. Better for everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Good grief, even Lorraine Kelly is slagging him off this morning. If he loses all the Loose Women later on, it's truly game over.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Not having partners at the death of a monarch, actually at the death of anyone, seems completely normal. If you are a large family it's very normal for just direct children/grandchildren to go in. You don't want the room over crowded
When my father died, it was just me, my brother and my mum there. The Queen was Harry's grandmother, not his mother. Why would a grand daughter in law be there? Harry may have wanted her there because he felt uncomfortable around his family though. They are effectively estranged. I don't think they will ever repair that relationship. And thst is nothing to do with Meghan, and everything to do with Harry. She is his enabler.

Reactions: 14
Narcissists are often best left to hang themselves and not engage, which I suspect is the route the RF have been advised to go down and I think may now be paying off. He has gone too far, and although the RF don't come out well in some parts, he is doing far more damage to himself

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree, Diana's story, plus all the camillagate, fergie toe sucking etc was all far worse as we lived in a much more Conservative and deferent world and it was all unheard of. It really broke the image of the royal family. Then came Diana's death and then Charles and camillas relationship.

With Diana, it always annoys me that the British public seem to be oblivious to the fact they were partly to blame. Not only for buying all the papers, but their reaction to her death was very ott and it was them demanding the queen leave her grandsons, it was the public who also wanted to see William and Harry etc.
I have to say this has really conflicted me.
on the one hand it’s genuinely hilarious and how some of the stuff ever made it into print is beyond baffling. Why no one at any point got the big red editing pen … even after it was supposed to have undergone a hasty re-write after The Queen died … is truly amazing, on the other it’s genuinely quite tragic.

like you say, the public have to shoulder some of the blame both for the deification of Diana and the assumption that because someone looks happy at brief public appearances it means they are, in fact, happy not quite literally falling apart inside.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.