The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harry's obsession with his mother is genuinely unnerving. He has some of her hair next to his bedside locker?! That's bleeping weird.
I think having a locket of your loved ones hair is quite sweet but I couldn’t face that every time I went to bed? I’d have it in some sort of memory box because what happens if you knock it off in the middle of the night or one of the pets gets to it?

Reactions: 12

Yel

I just keep thinking how does Harry have no one around him giving him good advice? The stuff in the book was so obviously going not go in his favour.

Meghan isn't stupid like him. She must have told him to go ahead with the virginity and Taliban stuff.

Really feels like he's been hung out to dry by everyone in his life at the moment.

Reactions: 18
Where did you read that the Queen woke them? I thought that was just from The Queen film? Harry did say his memories were mixed up, but how did he get it so wrong?
I didn't read it, I was told by somebody who was in a position to know.
As for Harry's memories, quite easily. His mother, as we know, used William as a confidant, Harry she just made totally dependent. The shock of hearing that his own personal deity was dead would have been seismic, mothers are supposed to be immortal when you are 12. I think the poor boy was probably in an absolute maelstrom between reality and magical thinking. He'll have been stuck in that moment like a fly in amber ever since.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
So Kate wasn't going, but he still got his knickers in a twist because Meghan couldn't go? Sigh 🙄

View attachment 1858754
I wish he had told us Charles’ reasons. Seems like an important thing to leave out?

I have a lot of friends who are defending them, and say, Harry is only a mess because his family is so evil to him.
I do think he is a product of his environment but he is also in a privileged position to be able to get help, have the best therapists going, etc.

Reactions: 4
I think having a locket of your loved ones hair is quite sweet but I couldn’t face that every time I went to bed? I’d have it in some sort of memory box because what happens if you knock it off in the middle of the night or one of the pets gets to it?
There is having a locket of hair stashed somewhere- then there is talking to it or using it as a physical substitute in everyday life. The locket on the nightstand is not better than trying a medium to channel someone. Saves you money though. I think it’s a clear sign he hasn’t found a way to deal with his loss and grieve even after 25 years. I can emphasise to a certain degree. The untimely death of a parent never leaves you and it can still affect you very strongly even after decades. But there is dealing not so well with it and DEALING NOT SO WELL WITH IT. What’s worse is that it affects his and William‘s family. H puts quite some pressure on M with his constant comparisons. He also loves to talk down his brothers relationship with their mother. W let’s his children write Mother’s Day cards to Diana. That’s too much as well. If he wants to write her one that’s fine but your children will never and should never build the same level of relationship to a dead grandparent as to the living ones. It’s great to talk about them and keep their memory alive. But it’s impossible to make her similar to the others. It hurts as hell to let that go. I doubt the RF is as close as they make it out to be, but realistically the children would take Camilla on as a substitute grandmother because she is the one that might hand them are biscuit or read a book. And especially with the whole Saint Diana persons that’s a lot of pressure on the children. They might very well not establish any deeper feeling for her and that’s fine.

• Heart
I’ve come to the conclusion that while losing his mum at young age obviously damaged him (seemingly beyond repair) if it hadn’t been that it would have been something else.
Yes. He’d already inherited a lot of her personality disorders. Something like this was always inevitable but the trauma made it so much worse. He’ll never be ‘right’ just like Diana never would have been. You can’t fix everyone.

Reactions: 3
There is having a locket of hair stashed somewhere- then there is talking to it or using it as a physical substitute in everyday life. The locket on the nightstand is not better than trying a medium to channel someone. Saves you money though. I think it’s a clear sign he hasn’t found a way to deal with his loss and grieve even after 25 years. I can emphasise to a certain degree. The untimely death of a parent never leaves you and it can still affect you very strongly even after decades. But there is dealing not so well with it and DEALING NOT SO WELL WITH IT. What’s worse is that it affects his and William‘s family. H puts quite some pressure on M with his constant comparisons. He also loves to talk down his brothers relationship with their mother. W let’s his children write Mother’s Day cards to Diana. That’s too much as well. If he wants to write her one that’s fine but your children will never and should never build the same level of relationship to a dead grandparent as to the living ones. It’s great to talk about them and keep their memory alive. But it’s impossible to make her similar to the others. It hurts as hell to let that go. I doubt the RF is as close as they make it out to be, but realistically the children would take Camilla on as a substitute grandmother because she is the one that might hand them are biscuit or read a book. And especially with the whole Saint Diana persons that’s a lot of pressure on the children. They might very well not establish any deeper feeling for her and that’s fine.
I'm glad neither of them named their daughters Diana for the girls' sakes.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@thegirlscout that’s were I miss details. I could have done without his (and his brother’s) circumcised penis but I am still waiting on the headlines that were planted and Charles‘ reasons and of course the racist.

Reactions: 4
@thegirlscout that’s were I miss details. I could have done without his (and his brother’s) circumcised penis but I am still waiting on the headlines that were planted and Charles‘ reasons and of course the racist.
Which quote of mine are you referring to, I know I’ve written a few this morning haha!

I'm glad neither of them named their daughters Diana for the girls' sakes.
At least not with their first names. I am quite happy Charlotte favours HMTQ and Sarah Chatto so much. The darker hair will hopefully prevent too many Diana comparisons. W was adamant that K was not to be a new Diana, so I hope her parents will do their best not to invite more of those stories. But they will come. Taking after, channeling, following in footsteps, paying tribute….. that’s a tabloid staple.
Lili might have a harder time. Charlotte could be made up to have similarities with/being extra close to K’s family, Anne, Sophie, Louise or Charles. Lili has H, M and Doria. And H makes it out to be as if he and M are kind of like Diana incarnations…..
@thegirlscout the missing reasons why Charles did not want M at Balmoral

Reactions: 7
If they don't mention the racist comments and tell us about how Archie wasn't made a prince because he might be too dark then I'm going to have to conclude that it was all lies.

Reactions: 10
It’s becoming glaringly obvious to me why neither Chelsea or Cressida wanted to marry him. Imho it also confirms that Meghan married him for his status rather than his personality.

Never has a quote seemed more apt for Harry…

21078671-0BDE-4FBE-A258-AE746E67B554.jpeg

Reactions: 19
If they don't mention the racist comments and tell us about how Archie wasn't made a prince because he might be too dark then I'm going to have to conclude that it was all lies.
That’s probably what was taken out in the hasty rewrite to keep relations cordial …

Reactions: 1
It’s becoming glaringly obvious to me why neither Chelsea or Cressida wanted to marry him. Imho it also confirms that Meghan married him for his status rather than his personality.

Never has a quote seemed more apt for Harry…

View attachment 1859010
To be fair, it makes me wonder how any of the Windsor men managed to find anyone to marry them. What a strange mix of infancy and infallibility they are. The reason for the multiple residences becomes clear.

Reactions: 8
I feel bad for the kids.

I remember, as a kid, thinking Diana's interview must have been awful for William and Harold at school.

And nows Harold's just gone and done it to the next generation.

Reactions: 17
@thegirlscout the missing reasons why Charles did not want M at Balmoral
Ah right, yes! There does seem to be details missing! Even with the fight it seems like there is something being held back.

I don’t think they will. If they had it would already be in the news.

Reactions: 2
I don't foresee this being substantiated - Archie didn't have the right to be a prince at birth as Harry isn't an heir to the throne, and he wasn't born a grandchild of the monarch. To be able to back up the claim they'd need to be able to cite either that they were informed ahead of time that Charles intended to prevent the title when he became King, or acknowledge that they were asking for a title that there was not yet a right to, and then claim that that additional privilege they were requesting was declined solely due to race.

Neither stands up to inspection well.

Reactions: 5

Yel

Most people seem to think this is a real quote from the book 😆. It's bad when people can't tell the difference 😬
Screenshot_20230106_084726.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
I think the majority of people who can remember the image of the two young boys walking behind their mother’s coffin and the levels of hysteria of the general public they were exposed to at the time would always view the actions and behaviours of William and Harry through an empathetic lense.

Notwithstanding this I wonder what Harry thought he would achieve with this book given what has been leaked this far? Perhaps he was influenced by Andrew Morton’s ‘Diana, Her True Story’ which if I remember correctly had a far more seismic impact on The Firm as he is ever likely too.

One of my abiding memories of Diana’s passing is when the family emerged from Balmoral to view the floral tributes and how tightly Charles held onto Harry’s hand.

Irrespective of Harry’s behaviour I hope for his Dad’s sake they can rebuild a relationship.
I agree, Diana's story, plus all the camillagate, fergie toe sucking etc was all far worse as we lived in a much more Conservative and deferent world and it was all unheard of. It really broke the image of the royal family. Then came Diana's death and then Charles and camillas relationship.

With Diana, it always annoys me that the British public seem to be oblivious to the fact they were partly to blame. Not only for buying all the papers, but their reaction to her death was very ott and it was them demanding the queen leave her grandsons, it was the public who also wanted to see William and Harry etc.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.