The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a lot of friends who are defending them, and say, Harry is only a mess because his family is so evil to him.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
After everything I've read in the last 2 days, it's the women I feel sorry for in all this. Those Windsor men are petulant, irate and spoilt - all of them!

Camilla, Kate, Meghan...I don't know how they put up with all this oneupmanship and grudge-holding and verbal/physical sparring. I can picture the women like long-suffering mothers having to calm and cajole their stroppy, bratty teenagers.

It must be exhausting.

Reactions: 22
After everything I've read in the last 2 days, it's the women I feel sorry for in all this. Those Windsor men are petulant, irate and spoilt - all of them!

Camilla, Kate, Meghan...I don't know how they put up with all this oneupmanship and grudge-holding and verbal/physical sparring. I can picture the women like long-suffering mothers having to calm and cajole their stroppy, bratty teenagers.

It must be exhausting.
History has been very clear that it's not a requirement to be a good person to be a monarch. Indeed, through much of history being a good person was a distinct disadvantage if you had or wanted the job.

Reactions: 8
I think the majority of people who can remember the image of the two young boys walking behind their mother’s coffin and the levels of hysteria of the general public they were exposed to at the time would always view the actions and behaviours of William and Harry through an empathetic lense.

Notwithstanding this I wonder what Harry thought he would achieve with this book given what has been leaked this far? Perhaps he was influenced by Andrew Morton’s ‘Diana, Her True Story’ which if I remember correctly had a far more seismic impact on The Firm as he is ever likely too.

One of my abiding memories of Diana’s passing is when the family emerged from Balmoral to view the floral tributes and how tightly Charles held onto Harry’s hand.

Irrespective of Harry’s behaviour I hope for his Dad’s sake they can rebuild a relationship.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
He has revealed the last words he said to his dead grandmother.

Not only is he an arrogant spiteful idiot, he also has no class whatsoever.

Hope that he is comforted by the millions of dollars he has been paid to spill his guts. Because morally he is now bankrupt.

Can you imagine how furious the organisers of the Coronation are right now? Security already tight but now he has likened the killing of 25 taliban to a game of chess, everyone is even more at risk, including the public.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I'm really angry. To paint target on so many backs, it's beyond stupid, it's malicious, even evil.
And for what? To be seen as what?
He endangered his kids, his wife, employees around them and their whole family both British and American side. Also, he just added another level of danger to any civil working for international organizations in that part of the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This is not going well for H. The dramatic stories were put out to drum up sales - his interviews and excerpts. But with the Spanish f**k up all this strategy failed. I wonder how he reacted when he realised that instead of talking about his horrible experiences people are laughing about him.
I don’t think the Taliban quote will jeopardise the life of minor royals. But I can see that he and his family as well as Charles’ and Wiliam’s could be a potential target. Or random acts with reference to this. Let’s hope nothing comes of this because I doubt he would take the responsibility well.

It would be hilarious if those Spanish books were actually a brilliant forgery and the DM payed big bucks for it. I would assume after translating/reading certain passages they double checked if they weren’t fooled.

I guess this might carry us through the post Christmas down well to the end of February.

Reactions: 9
Does he realy think they're going to welcome him back with opens arms after this?

He needs professional help if he does.

I think i read he said they can't reconcile unless the truth is out.

I didn't need to know you banged someone behind a pub. How does this help you mend the relationship with your dad?

Did he think this would garner more sympathy, or we'd think he was amazing??

Hes got it all wrong. Who is advising him.

Reactions: 10

He's made himself a laughingstock in America too and I don't see him coping well with that.

Where does he go from here?

• Haha
So Kate wasn't going, but he still got his knickers in a twist because Meghan couldn't go? Sigh 🙄

View attachment 1858754
It’s aaaaall about “mY wIfE” isn’t it, even when it really really shouldn’t be. Not Meghan as a person but as Hawwy’s possession. He’s a twit. Sorry but he truly is. Also, there’s some mental brokenness all the ‘professional help’ / therapy in the world can’t cure. Harry is in that category. I’m afraid he’ll never be well or at peace whatever is done. Run a mile, Meg, and take your kids before this nutter rubs off on them.

Reactions: 10
He has revealed the last words he said to his dead grandmother.

Not only is he an arrogant spiteful idiot, he also has no class whatsoever.

Hope that he is comforted by the millions of dollars he has been paid to spill his guts. Because morally he is now bankrupt.

Can you imagine how furious the organisers of the Coronation are right now? Security already tight but now he has likened the killing of 25 taliban to a game of chess, everyone is even more at risk, including the public.
I agree.
I’m astounded that he would share with the world his last words with the Queen.
I’ve not disclosed the last conversation I had with my Dad to anyone, not even my husband. It was for me and my Dad, not for anyone else. Somethings are too special, too personal, too sacred to share for any price.

Harry is more damaged than I thought.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think he shared what he said to her when he saw her, which was after she died.

That’s part of the description by the publishing house:
With its raw, unflinching honesty, Spare is a landmark publication full of insight, revelation, self-examination, and hard-won wisdom about the eternal power of love over grief.

I haven’t read it, but in no excerpt, either through him, the Guardian or the additional translations of the Spanish edition, I have seen self-examination, hard-won wisdom or dealing well with grief……..

Reactions: 4
No wonder the plane was late. Harry was having a tantrum and eventually they just left but were too late to say goodbye to the queen.. if that was my brother, I would never forgive him.
I remember it being determined that no one would’ve got there in time even if the plane had taken off on time. They should’ve left in the morning instead of leaving it so late. Although having said that it can take time to organise transport at such short notice, even for royals. Them getting there after she died is not Harry’s fault.

So Kate wasn't going, but he still got his knickers in a twist because Meghan couldn't go? Sigh 🙄

View attachment 1858754
Just wanted to point out that a wife was there. Sophie was in the car with William, Edward and Andrew. She was the Queen’s favourite daughter in law apparently.

Reactions: 6
I remember it being determined that no one would’ve got there in time even if the plane had taken off on time. They should’ve left in the morning instead of leaving it so late. Although having said that it can take time to organise transport at such short notice, even for royals. Them getting there after she died is not Harry’s fault.

Just wanted to point out that a wife was there. Sophie was in the car with William, Edward and Andrew. She was the Queen’s favourite daughter in law apparently.
Sophie and Camilla and Anne's husband were there. They're married to the queen's children and a level above Meghan and Kate in terms of closeness to the Queen in that sense. None of the grandchildren's spouses were there. He's got nothing to complain about in this case.

Reactions: 23
Sophie and Camilla and Anne's husband were there. They're married to the queen's children and a level above Meghan and Kate in terms of closeness to the Queen in that sense. None of the grandchildren's spouses were there. He's got nothing to complain about in this case.
I am sure he will find something

• Haha
Reactions: 6
You are right, they were not told till morning. The Queen woke them and told them. Their father had already had to leave for Paris.
Where did you read that the Queen woke them? I thought that was just from The Queen film? Harry did say his memories were mixed up, but how did he get it so wrong?

Reactions: 3
I think this article on sky sums it all up well. https://news.sky.com/story/prince-h...and-naive-figure-in-his-memoir-spare-12780825

When you've absorbed all the headline grabbing parts all that's left is the sense that there is something very very wrong with Harry. He's not well at all.
I’ve come to the conclusion that while losing his mum at young age obviously damaged him (seemingly beyond repair) if it hadn’t been that it would have been something else.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.