The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It won’t bring the monarchy down. It will confirm the views of those already pro/against it. Those who don’t have strong views will either laugh or roll their eyes. He is left looking a laughing stock though.

Reactions: 10
I know several people in my family who lost a parent at a very young age or were widowed at a young age in very tragic circumstances. None of them felt the need to carry around a box with the dead loved one's hair, sleep next to it or talk to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know several people in my family who lost a parent at a very young age or were widowed at a young age in very tragic circumstances. None of them felt the need to carry around a box with the dead loved one's hair, sleep next to it or talk to it.
I have got a little container shaped like a heart for some of my mom's ashes. It's on my desk. I think she keeps me company somehow, she would like that. Even reading that makes me question my sanity. Definitely not her hair by my bedside I whisper sweet nothings to!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I have got a little container shaped like a heart for some of my mom's ashes. It's on my desk. I think she keeps me company somehow, she would like that. Even reading that makes me question my sanity. Definitely not her hair by my bedside I whisper sweet nothings to!
Nothing strange in that - we lost our dog last month and I'll be having some earrings made with her ashes so she is always with me.

The hair is just weird!

Reactions: 2
Don’t let anyone make you feel odd. I do think this element is being criticised a bit unkindly. It’s not any different to having ashes or a grave to visit, whatever brings people comfort, it’s hardly harming anyone. People wear jewellery made of loved ones ashes. It’s really nothing shocking.

Reactions: 12
So. Harold though the reaction to the Oprah interview was harsh. What was the word he used again? A ‘whipping’? God help him today then, the stupid stupid boy.

Reactions: 6
Nothing strange in that - we lost our dog last month and I'll be having some earrings made with her ashes so she is always with me.

The hair is just weird!
I don't think it's odd that he has a lock of her hair. The way it was shoehorned into the pregnancy reveal story was very very odd though!

Reactions: 17

Yel

Agreed. I do pity him to an extent, he’s a lost soul and seems tormented. The chronic navel gazing isn’t helping either. It’s a shame he fell into that, he keeps looking for reasons to justify his anger and behaviour towards the RF and those reasons are getting increasingly petty.

He’s desperate for the RF to take accountability and admit they leaked stories to the press because his whole narrative is based on that but it seems to be an unfounded accusation. All royal households have media correspondence offices. They respond to questions, or not, as they see fit. But that’s not leaking, they don’t demand anonymity, it’s all on record.

I have a feeling he’s going to go full conspiracy theorist David Ike style over the next few years. He’s turning into a glorified RF troll. He keeps on digging that hole, it’s sad for everyone involved, well everyone except Meghan. I don’t think she minds at all.
He's had so much goodwill that he's burnt through.

His privilege has given him both immense disadvantages and advantages. But he's totally unable to see this with his narrative.

Moaning that Camilla turned his old bedroom into a closet or that his residence at Kensington palace wasn't very big is just ridiculous. He was happy with the cottage until he was married and they chose to stay there temporarily while 2 million in referbs was carried out on a palatial future home.

These stories aren't as endearing to normals as he thinks they are.

Reactions: 22
Don’t let anyone make you feel odd. I do think this element is being criticised a bit unkindly. It’s not any different to having ashes or a grave to visit, whatever brings people comfort, it’s hardly harming anyone. People wear jewellery made of loved ones ashes. It’s really nothing shocking.
The lock of hair is all very Victorian for my tastes, but to each their own.

My grandmother talks to pictures of my Mum, I keep her hospital wristband, my Dad keeps their wedding rings with him. All weird if observed by someone without the background or reasons we hold.

As long as you're not mooching around with their preserved foot I say roll with it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
The lock of hair is all very Victorian for my tastes, but to each their own.

My grandmother talks to pictures of my Mum, I keep her hospital wristband, my Dad keeps their wedding rings with him. All weird if observed by someone without the background or reasons we hold.

As long as you're not mooching around with their preserved foot I say roll with it.
Yeah might judge ya a bit if you did that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So. Harold though the reaction to the Oprah interview was harsh. What was the word he used again? A ‘whipping’? God help him today then, the stupid stupid boy.
They think every media outing will be the one that will vindicate them and it never is and they never learn. They must feel like the whole world is against them today. It's their own doing obviously but I'd be worried about the state of his mental health all the same.

Reactions: 5
It’s the fact he seems to be taking instruction from the hair and imbuing it with supernatural power that’s the sketchy thing, not that he has it in the first place. It’s very Victorian.

They think every media outing will be the one that will vindicate them and it never is and they never learn. They must feel like the whole world is against them today. It's their own doing obviously but I'd be worried about the state of his mental health all the same.
I suppose this is what happens when you surround yourself with people who only see things your way, either personal or staff It’s seems there is no one to to say ‘ah, well … looking at it from another angle…’

Although anyone who does look at it from another angle has probably been sacked or thrown their hands up in defeat and left.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
He's had so much goodwill that he's burnt through.

His privilege has given him both immense disadvantages and advantages. But he's totally unable to see this with his narrative.

Moaning that Camilla turned his old bedroom into a closet or that his residence at Kensington palace wasn't very big is just ridiculous. He was happy with the cottage until he was married and they chose to stay there temporarily while 2 million in referbs was carried out on a palatial future home.

These stories aren't as endearing to normals as he thinks they are.
The same cottage that William and Kate lived in. It was good enough for the future King and Queen but not for the spare and the actress.

Reactions: 9
The same cottage that William and Kate lived in. It was good enough for the future King and Queen but not for the spare and the actress.
It’s like my mate said … the oldest always get the bigger bedroom … and it’s not like the Royal Rooms are like the shoebox she spent her teenage years in (only 2 people could be in at once, and if one wanted to leave, you both had to _ there was no passing room 😀 )

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don't find it weird keeping mementos of loved ones. In Harry's case though, its too creepy, almost bordering on obsession with his late mother. It's not normal to shoehorn somebody who died over a quarter of a century ago into every facet of your life - even if she was one of the most famous women in the world.

I also find the medium thing worrying. He seems to actually believe what these quacks are telling him - that his mum is there, guiding him. They prey on vulnerable people and Harry is a prime candidate. Meghan seems much more practical than to believe in such things. Wasn't Diana into all that herself? Harry is definitely his mother's child.

He has revealed the last words he said to his dead grandmother.

Not only is he an arrogant spiteful idiot, he also has no class whatsoever.

Hope that he is comforted by the millions of dollars he has been paid to spill his guts. Because morally he is now bankrupt.

Can you imagine how furious the organisers of the Coronation are right now? Security already tight but now he has likened the killing of 25 taliban to a game of chess, everyone is even more at risk, including the public.
maybe it's too much of a risk and he can no longer come for the safety of the royals and british public

Sophie and Camilla and Anne's husband were there. They're married to the queen's children and a level above Meghan and Kate in terms of closeness to the Queen in that sense. None of the grandchildren's spouses were there. He's got nothing to complain about in this case.
Also, Camilla and Tim Lawrence were in Scotland anyway. They were already there.

Even as TQ was dying Harry had to make it all about them.

It’s like my mate said … the oldest always get the bigger bedroom … and it’s not like the Royal Rooms are like the shoebox she spent her teenage years in (only 2 people could be in at once, and if one wanted to leave, you both had to _ there was no passing room 😀 )
True, I have two kids and my eldest had the larger bedroom until she left home. My poor son had the box room!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
The Taliban have had their right of reply. Quite a magnanimous statement actually 😂

Screenshot_20230106_115005.jpg

Oh dear, he won't like being called Mr.
Shaded by the Taliban. 😂

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.