The Royal Family #32

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss a few hours and this is the first thing I've seen. What the hell have I just read?!

I don't think I could bear to listen to his droney voice reading the audiobook, but hearing him cite this little gem might make it worthwhile šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Seriously, we're down to penis anecdotes? What more does he have left to sell?
The thought of listening to him saying ā€˜young stallionā€™ is cringe squared. My toes may never uncurl.

It refers to him as Harry though, surely he wouldnā€™t refer to himself in the third person in his autobiography?
on the assumption is not a pish take ā€¦ I think the Harry bit isnā€™t a quote from the book more that its putting into context the quote to come next.
(although any skirting of the rules of grammar isnā€™t the worst thing to happen to the book)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6

Yel

Sounds like it wasn't even just one book shop in spain making a mistake. It was several in Valencia taking bribes to "gift" it to all the media organisations šŸ˜†

---

The Telegraph was able to obtain a copy at bookshops in Valencia.

Booksellers in the city said they were willing to break the strict publication embargo of January 10 as long as the book sale was not traced back to them.

Some book stores claimed they were not "officially" selling En La Sombra, but used the pretext of the southeastern city's Epiphany celebrations on Thursday - when presents are exchanged - to "gift" the book to shoppers.

To navigate the publication embargo, customers were told they would not be sent a receipt until January 10 and had to promise not to share its contents on social media before that date.

A spokesman for Plaza y Janes Editores, a Spanish subsidiary of Penguin Random House, said: ā€œA very clear launch protocol was established and communicated to all customers so that the book would not be marketed before that date.

ā€œEverything points to the fact that some customers have breached their commitment to the publisher and have put the book on sale before the agreed date.ā€

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sounds like it wasn't even just one book shop in spain making a mistake. It was several in Valencia taking bribes to "gift" it to all the media organisations šŸ˜†

---

The Telegraph was able to obtain a copy at bookshops in Valencia.

Booksellers in the city said they were willing to break the strict publication embargo of January 10 as long as the book sale was not traced back to them.

Some book stores claimed they were not "officially" selling En La Sombra, but used the pretext of the southeastern city's Epiphany celebrations on Thursday - when presents are exchanged - to "gift" the book to shoppers.

To navigate the publication embargo, customers were told they would not be sent a receipt until January 10 and had to promise not to share its contents on social media before that date.

A spokesman for Plaza y Janes Editores, a Spanish subsidiary of Penguin Random House, said: ā€œA very clear launch protocol was established and communicated to all customers so that the book would not be marketed before that date.

ā€œEverything points to the fact that some customers have breached their commitment to the publisher and have put the book on sale before the agreed date.ā€
How do you think this has impacted sales and how the book has been received? I think I'd be more likely to buy the book now. There's still 4 or 5 days until official launch though so I might have reached saturation point by then and not want anymore. I wonder if they'll bring the release date forward now.

Reactions: 1
Harryā€™s virginity songā€¦Rolling Stones

Childhood living
Is easy to do
The things you wanted
I bought them for you
Graceless lady
You know who I am
You know I can't let you
Slide through my hands
Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
I watched you suffer
A dull aching pain
Now you've decided
To show me the same
No sweeping exit
Or offstage lines
Could make me feel bitter
Or treat you unkind
Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
I know I've dreamed you
A sin and a lie
I have my freedom
But I don't have much time
Faith has been broken
Tears must be cried
Let's do some living
After we die
Wild horses
Couldn't drag me away
Wild, wild horses
We'll ride them some day

Kill him with kindness I say.

I think TRF should say absolutely nothing. The more Harry and Meghan open their mouths the more stupid they make themselves look.

William pushing Harry isn't getting the traction Harry expected. Most people are shrugging and saying families fight. What did Harry say in all this? He wasn't standing there asking if William wanted a cup tea.
I mean, what did he expect? The racism incident is much more serious and this didnā€™t really hurt them either.
H has gambled and lost again.
TRF can just stay quiet at this point. The stallion has overtaken anything else.
I agree that the RF should do nothing regarding the titles for now. But update the whole system which is needed anyway and make sure they loose the HRH eventually as well as have the Dukedom fall back to the crown when W takes over. And why not invite them to the coronation? No entrance apart from the official stuff. Seats in the back with the cousins. I wouldnā€™t be sure they turn up. Especially if this might mean that certain privileges the cousins quietly enjoyed till now will end with certain changes that get more traction due to their escapades. (If you modernise quicker to get rid of them in a subtle way.)
All in all H made himself a laughing stock. I am actually a bit worried because he doesnā€™t seem to be resilient enough to deal with the ridicule. Letā€™s hope he is actually absolutely cold and is purposely selling this out for a shipload of money. Not caring how he looks but only counting the dollars.

I think all TRF are circumcised.

I was only reading about a Finnish skier who suffered with a frozen penis in the Winter Olympics in Beijing. Most painful when it's thawing out apparently.
I think circumcision was pretty regularly done till the 2000 even without any medical need or Jewish background. Many still believe itā€™s more hygienic.

Reactions: 3
The 3rd book is Meghan's story and the 4th is their wellness book?

I bet Meghan won't be stupid enough to cover the same grubby topics as Harry is.
Who would be interested in her story? With all due respect but at least Harrys life as a royal is a selling point, heā€™s already told their story from this time, does anyone care about her grind to one role in Suits?

Stolen from Twitter. Jilly knewšŸ¤£
She's writing another book at the moment so I've heard - called Tackle.
Says she's been struggling with the sex scenes with her now being older.
Maybe Harry could deign to give her the benefit of his literary prowess.....šŸ„“šŸ¤­šŸ„±šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 5
After what heā€™s written about Camilla I would say that Harry will be cut off from Charles.
This family is in turmoil.

Going forward there needs to be NDAs for the RF members
NDAs only work if the other party agrees to sign it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The thought of listening to him saying ā€˜young stallionā€™ is cringe squared. My toes may never uncurl.
Indeed. Speaking of toes, I think they may be close to reaching peak Fergie in terms of selling out. I don't think even she has resorted to sharing genitalia-related anecdotes. (Unless Budgie was a euphemism - šŸ˜¬)

To the poster who asked what the point of the Royal Family is, it's this! Comedy gold! I might read the book if I get a Kindle 99p version too.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.