The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. The Royals are there, we may as well show off the Crown Jewels for the purpose they are for ( apart from the Koh I noor there's no point starting an argument about that) and The Queens funeral and the accession stuff was interesting I thought, but didn't last long. So even if the government are using the Royals as a smokescreen for their failures, it won't last long. It will probably be worse in the long term as extra Bank holidays always hit gdp
I heard gossip that Charles wants to abdicate in favour of William if he gets really ill, in order to save the country another funeral so soon after the Queen's. I'm confused as I would have thought he'd have to have a big funeral no matter what. 🤔

Reactions: 3
I’d say go for a big coronation if his health is looking good, no point spending all that money if we’re gonna need another in 5 years, and it’d make sense to have a bigger one for William who’ll likely have a 40/50 year reign.
William is 40 now, so I doubt he will have a 50 year reign! He seems like he has more anger issues than his father, and apparently Charles is quite fit, despite appearances. He has long lived genes, and lives a healthy lifestyle.

I heard gossip that Charles wants to abdicate in favour of William if he gets really ill, in order to save the country another funeral so soon after the Queen's. I'm confused as I would have thought he'd have to have a big funeral no matter what. 🤔
There is always gossip about Charles abdication, even before he was King that he was going to turn it down for William. He would have a big funeral no matter what, as Head of State. It amazes me how many Royal fans have no idea about how the Royal Family works. Monarch dies, new monarch and on and on. They have only just got rid of male primogeniture. Change happens glacially and only when they are forced into it for the sake of their own survival.

Reactions: 17
William is 40 now, so I doubt he will have a 50 year reign! He seems like he has more anger issues than his father, and apparently Charles is quite fit, despite appearances. He has long lived genes, and lives a healthy lifestyle.
Gosh, yes. I feel like the one consistent thing I've always hears about William in the Press is about his temper. It's always 'William was incandescent with rage' or he was 'absolutely furious'. Poor Kate...she probably has to calm him down when he's in one of his moods. I like Charles and think he'll be a much more relatable and warm King than William who strikes me as cold and inauthentic.

I'm the same. I've been known to say that I'd rather be hit than have all the verbal and emotional abuse which lasts longer and causes years of damage. A lot of damaged people seek out a home in the military, myself included.
This is a sad but relatable truth. I thought it was very unfair for people to say that because Harry had been to war or that he was a grown man, it was unbelievable that he would be afraid of William's shouting. Without going into too much personal detail, I get quite shaken when people start to yell and feel like I am shutting down. I retreat and become unable to defend myself, which I hate. It's a primal response and it's difficult to understand if you were never exposed to such things at a young and impressionable age.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Gosh, yes. I feel like the one consistent thing I've always hears about William in the Press is about his temper. It's always 'William was incandescent with rage' or he was 'absolutely furious'. Poor Kate...she probably has to calm him down when he's in one of his moods. I like Charles and think he'll be a much more relatable and warm King than William who strikes me as cold and inauthentic.

This is a sad but relatable truth. I thought it was very unfair for people to say that because Harry had been to war or that he was a grown man, it was unbelievable that he would be afraid of William's shouting. Without going into too much personal detail, I get quite shaken when people start to yell and feel like I am shutting down. I retreat and become unable to defend myself, which I hate. It's a primal response and it's difficult to understand if you were never exposed to such things at a young and impressionable age.
It is difficult... on the one hand it is healthy to express anger and provocative behaviour (and I find Harry and Meghan to be quite provocative - I mean: putting a statement about their "new roles" out without consulting anyone? The Oprah interview?) leads to anger. Holding onto anger is harmful.

On the other hand, shouting and offending someone is abusive and can also harm the other person.

Reactions: 2
like Charles and think he'll be a much more relatable and warm King than William who strikes me as cold and inauthentic.
I agree. I think that Charles has decided to use his privileged position to really make a difference, whereas I think with William, he wants the privileged position and is doing what he has to to keep it without breaking into too much of a sweat. I think that's why he and Kate don't do the work of the rest of the family, and why they haven't bothered upping the ante whole they are in favour by the press. He will step up massively once people start calling him out, but not until then.

Reactions: 10
I saw a TV ad for "Andrew the Musical" today. It's a C4 production of course.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I get cutting down costs. BUT there should be no cutting down on pageantry and ritual. Of course they are outdated. Most of them were when Elizabeth got crowned. I want oaths, the mysticism, the uniforms, the choreography, the jewels, the gowns. Let it take 3h. That’s only stressful for people attending. In front of the tv it’s going to be just fine. Those things combined have the power to touch people and give them the feeling of experiencing something important. Many were surprised how touched they were by the whole procession/laying in state/funeral stuff. Not necessarily because HMTQ died, but because those elements are made to draw emotions. So yeah- if there is a monarch to be crowned- we deserve a real coronation and not a cheap substitute.

RE PA- I absolutely get why they keep on supporting him. The idiot would be neck deep into the next shady business ventures or borrowing money from “friends” that don’t come out well after a background check ASAP. So KC or a KW will keep on paying, with gritted teeth, before they let this liability run wild. H&M are not a big enough liability to pay their silence and to basically lock them away. I think KC would have supported them IF they were willing to dance to his tune in return. They weren’t, which is fair enough. They have the ability to make money and are, as if how, able not to hop into bed with criminals to do so. They made a big deal of financial independence and were quick to announce their big contracts. Withdrawing financial support was a logical step. PA is a massive failure and will forever be dependent on a family member paying his bills. It must feel bad, but he should thank god everyday that he is just living a privileged but ridiculed life in a golden cage instead of rotting in prison.

Reactions: 11
I get that’s meant to be a double entendre but they do know he’s accused of sexual assault. How on earth are the lyrics appropriate for that.
Now you mention it I see what you mean, but I didn’t think of it that way. I just thought it was a joke on being deluded that the interview went well.

Reactions: 2
I completely understand. ❤
Don’t get me wrong. If my kids are being shits I’ll yell, but it’s just typical mom stuff! But there’s a very different kind of yelling. So I can resonate with Harry, as you can to. He was in the middle of a very, very strained marriage as a young boy. I think Diana was a very needy woman and lent on her children to, which isn’t right at all. She should’ve been their strength, not them hers. I remember a teacher correcting me at school and raising her voice at me, after a particularly bad few days at home. I was 9 and I actually wet myself. That’s how distraught I was & it’s never left me. I think, even people who may be aren’t massive fans of Harry, need to take a step back and see he’s obviously been very affected by his parents marriage & divorce! All the titles & money in the world can’t repair the damage done by some parents!
I had this conversation recently about a family member who’d done something so silly and his childhood was brought up, but at what age do we start saying the person is an adult and needs to be held to that standard? The conversation I had never got to a conclusion, but I can see from Williams perspective why he’d get angry with his adult brother if he’s using his childhood as an excuse. You want to be emphatic with them but when it’s a continuous waste of your time having the same conversation, you can’t help but think, you’re not the only person who had a bad childhood so pull yourself together. Maybe I’m cold hearted, but I got pissed off hearing that excuse again just because it wasted a days annual leave, I reckon I’d be “incandescent with rage” if it made my family a global laughing stock.

Tbh minus Diana dying I don’t really know what was so catastrophic about either of their childhoods. Both parents loved them but didn’t love each other, walk into any classroom and you’ll probably find 50% of the kids are in that situation, except those kids might also be worrying if they’ll have a warm bed and a hot meal that night. His father and family should have got him help to deal with the grief of losing a parent, but they didn’t so at 40 you need to just get that help yourself and try to move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What I don’t get- H said he got therapy after W urged him to do so, as it had helped him. It was sometime after he came back from the war maybe even after he left the military. So, the RF/institution was not concerned about the looks of the two princes- one of them the future king, going to therapy AND talking about it publicly. For W, it seems the therapy has helped as he, while still not looking eager and passionate, has started to accept and embrace his role and has rebuild the very tense relationship with his father. But H seems to have not really benefited from his therapy. Which can happen. Wrong therapist, wrong type of therapy…. Or maybe it patched things up for a while. In any way, therapy seems to be an option for a good decade now.

Reactions: 14
I had this conversation recently about a family member who’d done something so silly and his childhood was brought up, but at what age do we start saying the person is an adult and needs to be held to that standard? The conversation I had never got to a conclusion, but I can see from Williams perspective why he’d get angry with his adult brother if he’s using his childhood as an excuse. You want to be emphatic with them but when it’s a continuous waste of your time having the same conversation, you can’t help but think, you’re not the only person who had a bad childhood so pull yourself together. Maybe I’m cold hearted, but I got pissed off hearing that excuse again just because it wasted a days annual leave, I reckon I’d be “incandescent with rage” if it made my family a global laughing stock.

Tbh minus Diana dying I don’t really know what was so catastrophic about either of their childhoods. Both parents loved them but didn’t love each other, walk into any classroom and you’ll probably find 50% of the kids are in that situation, except those kids might also be worrying if they’ll have a warm bed and a hot meal that night. His father and family should have got him help to deal with the grief of losing a parent, but they didn’t so at 40 you need to just get that help yourself and try to move on.
Exactly. You don’t know what was so catastrophic and there’s a lot we will never know.
I don’t really know what else to say to this. Just get over the death of a parent when as a child, he was put on tv for the world to see walk behind a bloody coffin. I personally don’t run around being offended by everyone just because of my childhood. I doubt he does. I get people are naturally louder than others or more volatile than others but If I think people are the sort to shout in my face, knowing I despise that kind of behaviour, i would just do my best to keep away from them. Why put yourself in a situation you’re gonna get upset in? May be that’s why he steers clear of William. To be quite honest, I don’t really see any situation where screaming at someone is called for anyway. If William gets that Harry has never dealt with it in the same way he has then why deal with it by shouting in his face in the first place? It’s pointless.

I think Harry is dealing with it. He’s ensuring that absolute tit show of a family understand the damage they do with they way they scheme and lie along with the media and he’s stopping it from affecting his own two children! I think he’s doing what obviously needs to be done.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Exactly. You don’t know what was so catastrophic and there’s a lot we will never know.
I don’t really know what else to say to this. Just get over the death of a parent when as a child, he was put on tv for the world to see walk behind a bloody coffin. I personally don’t run around being offended by everyone just because of my childhood. I doubt he does. I get people are naturally louder than others or more volatile than others but If I think people are the sort to shout in my face, knowing I despise that kind of behaviour, i would just do my best to keep away from them. Why put yourself in a situation you’re gonna get upset in? May be that’s why he steers clear of William. To be quite honest, I don’t really see any situation where screaming at someone is called for anyway. If William gets that Harry has never dealt with it in the same way he has then why deal with it by shouting in his face in the first place? It’s pointless.

I think Harry is dealing with it. He’s ensuring that absolute tit show of a family understand the damage they do with they way they scheme and lie along with the media and he’s stopping it from affecting his own two children! I think he’s doing what obviously needs to be done.
Dealing with it by airing his woes for public consumption to the tune of a hundred million. Sold himself, his family and his children for money.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Dealing with it by airing his woes for public consumption to the tune of a hundred million. Sold himself, his family and his children for money.
Publicly outing a bunch of two faced, vindictive and nasty human beings. That family is damaged, regardless of Harry. The whole institution is rotten to the core. Anything he says or does comes no where near the rest of them.

Also putting out content about his family that he approves. Allowing his children to only be photographed on his say so while earning enough to cover the security for two of the Queens grandchildren because their own family won’t pay for it but they’ll happily pay off a woman Prince Andrew claimed to never of met!

Reactions: 8
I think the shouting in the face thing is without context. I’m sure from William’s side he might say they were having the same conversation again and again, that Harry was refusing to budge, maybe that he blindsided them, or they’d had the conversation previously come up with some compromises and Harry wasn’t prepared to accept them.
Also ‘in my face’ is quite a provocative phrase, that he got up from the table to get closer to Harry in a threatening way. Would William say he briefly he lost his temper and shouted from his seated position across the table, a couple of sentences before regaining his composure.
We’ll never know for sure but of course Harry will phrase it to make him seem like a victim of the evil institution as that his ‘his truth’ not necessarily the actual truth.
Recollections may vary let’s remember!

Reactions: 6
You’ll never really know the context. I do agree but you can’t say everything Harry says is him just acting like a victim.

I think you have to look at it for what it is. A very damaged family that never ever learns from one generation to the next. It’s a historical fact isn’t it? Look back through the ages and the dysfunctional family dynamic is on show for the world to see.

Reactions: 10
No but in this case he was definitely playing the narrative of big bad lying dad and big bad scary shouting older brother.

Reactions: 9
If it was so bad and the family was so toxic why did H bring M to the UK in the first place? He could have settled in the US and lived his life and spouted his truth 24/7 with MM by his side, unencumbered by racism and poison.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.