The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think the real shame of it all is what an amazing team the four of them could have made. People were so excited for it and both brothers/wives offer something the other pair don't. They are polar opposites but in a good way when working together.
In recent weeks I’ve thought how good it could have been for Kate and Meghan just to meet up somewhere or do something joint together. Let the two husbands have their fight but stop the comparisons between each other. If Meghan hadn’t mentioned Kate so often unnecessarily it could have happened in a dream world, but despite it seeming Kate never actually did anything wrong she’s been name dropped several times for no reason or relevance to the story Meghan was telling, so there’s probably no chance of reconciliation.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
ETA The book says The News of the World did a DNA test using Harry's hair. If Hewitt had been his father they would have exposed it.
If that's true that is truly disgusting and Harry's right to feel anger about the British tabloid press and their relationship with his family. Harry would've been a boy when it would be exposed and his mother may have already been dead, what kind of sicko would want to put a child through that (as well as William), particularly when the parent in question cannot answer any of the questions.

I highly doubt the RF would needed to rely on NOTW to find out his paternity, they could quite easily do that themselves without the outside world finding out. Harry is the spit of the young Duke of Edinburgh so I don't know why this rumour persisted for so long

• Heart
Reactions: 21
ETA The book says The News of the World did a DNA test using Harry's hair. If Hewitt had been his father they would have exposed it.
That is genuinely despicable.
As if the Royal family wouldn’t know anyway … and Diana didn’t actually meet Hewitt until Harry was 2.

Reactions: 14
How though? They would need Hewitt’s DNA and preferably Charles’s too. And how did they get samples of either of their DNA? Sounds a little unlikely, unless they have details.

Reactions: 3
If that's true that is truly disgusting and Harry's right to feel anger about the British tabloid press and their relationship with his family. Harry would've been a boy when it would be exposed and his mother may have already been dead, what kind of sicko would want to put a child through that (as well as William), particularly when the parent in question cannot answer any of the questions.

I highly doubt the RF would needed to rely on NOTW to find out his paternity, they could quite easily do that themselves without the outside world finding out. Harry is the spit of the young Duke of Edinburgh so I don't know why this rumour persisted for so long
Like Charles too

In recent weeks I’ve thought how good it could have been for Kate and Meghan just to meet up somewhere or do something joint together. Let the two husbands have their fight but stop the comparisons between each other. If Meghan hadn’t mentioned Kate so often unnecessarily it could have happened in a dream world, but despite it seeming Kate never actually did anything wrong she’s been name dropped several times for no reason or relevance to the story Meghan was telling, so there’s probably no chance of reconciliation.
I honestly don't think they like each other. I can absolutely see how they wouldn't be each other's type of person.

Reactions: 18
How though? They would need Hewitt’s DNA and preferably Charles’s too. And how did they get samples of either of their DNA? Sounds a little unlikely, unless they have details.
Hewitt would have happily given them his DNA. And if not they could have just got it covertly, like they did with Harry's

Reactions: 2
She mentioned Kate because she was directly asked about the crying story in Oprah. She also made a point of saying Kate was a good person and had sent her flowers and did what she (Meghan) would've done if she felt contrite about something she did. She also said that it doesn't have to be a competition between her and Kate and that it was possible to like them both.

I don't recall her bringing Kate up in any significant way again, although I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 12
I honestly don't think they like each other. I can absolutely see how they wouldn't be each other's type of person.
They don’t have to like each other … unless it’s obligatory you have to like the in-laws (it’s not, is it? Asking for a friend) … but for some reason the media wanted these 2 completely different women with completely different life experiences and expectations to become bosom buddies in 5 seconds When all they really had to do was negotiate a working relationship.

Reactions: 16
Charles has given money donated to the late Queen to people to play their fuel bills 👏👏👏
That is good of him but what kind of idiots are so deluded and ignorant that they would send money to the Royals? for what? To pay for funeral costs? They deserve to be embarrassed by The King that they couldn't think of anything better to do with their money than send it to the richest family in the land. I used to work with people with learning difficulties and would understand if some of them wanted to fo it, but often they are dealing with having their PIP cut, and understand perfectly well about the haves and the have not.

Reactions: 17
Hope the whole family and especially the children are having a lovely time in Sandringham tonight ♥ Making memories, what Christmas is all about.

Reactions: 3
You could tell at the funeral walkabout that Kate wanted nothing to do with Meghan. Or Harry either. She stayed well away from them. Although it looks unlikely at the moment, William and Harry might be able to repair their relationship because they're siblings with a shared history. I don't think Kate and Meghan are ever going to be able to do that.

Reactions: 10
She mentioned Kate because she was directly asked about the crying story in Oprah. She also made a point of saying Kate was a good person and had sent her flowers and did what she (Meghan) would've done if she felt contrite about something she did. She also said that it doesn't have to be a competition between her and Kate and that it was possible to like them both.

I don't recall her bringing Kate up in any significant way again, although I could be wrong 🤷‍♀️
I found the bringing up of the tears unnecessary and I don’t think any of the Oprah interview would have just been her questions without their approval. There will have been talking points Meghan wanted in there and that was clearly one of them when it’s still a matter of he said/she said. They didn’t want to name the racist but wanted to mention Kate made her cry, on balance it seems strange that one was important to get the name in there. I thought comparative headlines was also unnecessary whilst blatantly ignoring the years of stalking and abuse Kate had at the hands of the press, I’d say Meghan had a much smoother entry which was completely ignored. Bringing up the press nickname of Waity Katy to Oprah like it was nothing was cruel when it hasn’t been used in mainstream press in over a decade. Even recently mentioning she didn’t hug her on first meeting, it’s a private story and was positioned to make one seem better than the other.

Looking at Twitter and Instagram Kate has had one of the roughest rides out of all of this when it doesn’t seem she actually did anything wrong, blimey most of the time Meghan was a working royal one of them was on maternity leave.

Reactions: 17
Charles is planning on disappearing to Scotland after Boxing day apparently. No lengthy stay at Sandringham for him.
Birkhall after Christmas for Hogmanay in Scotland for the two of them. It's said to be just the Wales and Wessex families at Sandringham, so seven adults, one teenager, and three children. No doubt the Sussex family would also have been there had they stayed in the UK.

The Yorks, their children and grandchildren will no doubt be at Royal Lodge while Anne's children and grandchildren will all be at Gatcombe as they live on the estate anyway. The Gloucesters and the three Kent families are likely to be similar.

I wonder if Camilla's children and grandchildren will be joining them at Birkhall? Her son is divorced now so he may have his children for New Year. It seems to me a reasonable way to include other families whereas until recently the royals were very much three line whip and ignore the other side; I think William and Kate were the first to escape the Christmas mandate.

Charles seems to be making his own changes to a royal Christmas, rather more normal than the stultified Victorian style of before. I wonder if it's still celebrate on Christmas Eve and tiaras and evening dress for all dinners now? 😂

Re food banks: Charles recently funded (personally, I think) the purchasing of fridges and freezers for food banks to keep food for longer. I understand that this QE money is going to a charity that provides food vouchers to distribute rather than actual food items. I don't think vouchers are all that obvious now when people get them on their loyalty cards and others pay up a supermarket card for Christmas.

Reactions: 6
It's all very well to point out that William went through the same thing but they are different people. Years ago, even before Diana's death, someone from the Royal Household said that we shouldn't go by looks as William was a Windsor through and through despite his then Spencer appearance but Harry was the one who was emotional and empathetic like his mother. Remember that Harry was seen as the 'fun one' because he was a natural with children (perhaps even somehow partially arrested there?), mixed easily with people (one Welsh Guardsman with whom Harry spent time on Walking With The Wounded said that he was nervous about meeting royalty but Harry was "just a bloke really"), and generally have a laugh with the public.

In comparison, William has always been more contained in public and, for a father of three, seems rather distant when meeting children out and about.

Even Charles has come into his own as a grandfather, crawling around with his and Camilla's grandchildren according to her, and happily ruffling hair etc of the children he meets out and about. If you watch Charles, he also tends to touch people on the arm when he's talking to them, to make a connection.

To me, William seems more of a throwback to a previous generation; Queen Elizabeth kept herself very much to herself in public and William seems to be that way, except for his temper - and Philip could be explosive at times.
I seem to recall that the late Queen said she could see a lot of herself in William.

Reactions: 6
You could tell at the funeral walkabout that Kate wanted nothing to do with Meghan. Or Harry either. She stayed well away from them. Although it looks unlikely at the moment, William and Harry might be able to repair their relationship because they're siblings with a shared history. I don't think Kate and Meghan are ever going to be able to do that.
William and Harry aren't ever going to mend their relationship, unless Harry gets a divorce

Reactions: 8
William and Harry aren't ever going to mend their relationship, unless Harry gets a divorce
Totally agree. Unfortunately things have gone too far.

And it such a shame to see the Carol Service when the King greeted George and Charlotte with a kiss, and now today with them all arriving for the church Service, Archie and Lily will never be part of that.

I know Harry has a lot of issues with his family, but surely there must be a wee bit of him that wishes his kids had some experiences that he had???

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.