The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Publicly outing a bunch of two faced, vindictive and nasty human beings. That family is damaged, regardless of Harry. The whole institution is rotten to the core. Anything he says or does comes no where near the rest of them.

Also putting out content about his family that he approves. Allowing his children to only be photographed on his say so while earning enough to cover the security for two of the Queens grandchildren because their own family won’t pay for it but they’ll happily pay off a woman Prince Andrew claimed to never of met!
Thing is- I don’t need to know if someone is a two faced lying human being if it doesn’t concern me personally? Who cares? His personal quarrels with his family don’t concern in any way how well they do their job. Which, arguably, could be better, but I doubt W screaming at his brother or not has any influence on how many says he works or if he will continue to successfully work the Duchy.
The racism claim is another matter, but as they refuse to say who it is and leave with a vague there is bias in the family/institution there is nothing to be done than hiring an anti-discrimination person, Update and follow through with HR guidelines and give some workshops.
As to your last paragraph. I don’t dispute their rightful wish to decide what content they want covered. That might be the reality for people outside the public eye but if you make publicity a pillar of your work that’s not how it works. Interestingly enough they are not willing to give the same curtesy to others- because I am sure his family would have preferred not be mentioned negatively by them. Anyhow. I do have a problem with the idea that H&M are so great because they only put out content of their children they approve off. That’s not their call to make either. But they’re children when they are old enough. Putting a video of your babies bath time on Netflix is krass in my opinion. In the end they are selling their privacy for money. On their terms which is fair and well for the adults. But their children should be off limits. No one needed to get to know them as a family. They have put themselves on the same level like influencers that sell out their children while claiming their channel is not a family channel. In a strange way the Cambridgelings, while regularly appearing in public, have a much more private life as of now. Their appearances are curated and we will probably never see them for real.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think for me regardless of who is right or wrong or anywhere in between, airing your families dirty laundry in public is just crass. Don’t want to do it anymore? Fine, leave and go do what you want. Just shut the duck up about it. They want to not only have their cake and eat it, but also take photos of it, change it because the design isn’t quite right, light candles on it and do a cake smash. While everyone tells them how wonderful and wronged they are ofcourse.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
If it was so bad and the family was so toxic why did H bring M to the UK in the first place? He could have settled in the US and lived his life and spouted his truth 24/7 with MM by his side, unencumbered by racism and poison.
Because regardless of what the Tabloids try to sell us, it’s not black hat verses white hat but just varying shades of grey hats and a complicated situation?

On the one hand they are a family on the other a public institution and getting the two to mesh can be problematic - see the personal histories of the likes of Prince Philip, Diana, Fergie, Princess Margaret - heck if people who were born into it or on the fringes of it struggle Shouldn’t that be a red flag? At some point you have to accept it’s not ‘just them’.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Because regardless of what the Tabloids try to sell us, it’s not black hat verses white hat but just varying shades of grey hats and a complicated situation?

On the one hand they are a family on the other a public institution and getting the two to mesh can be problematic - see the personal histories of the likes of Prince Philip, Diana, Fergie, Princess Margaret - heck if people who were born into it or on the fringes of it struggle Shouldn’t that be a red flag? At some point you have to accept it’s not ‘just them’.
I think that is the problem. They just think that because people are in the family, that is enough and they should be grateful and do what they say. Which is true in a way, as everyone in the family benefits financially from being in the Family hugely, but if you are brought up in huge wealth maybe its just your reality and you don't spend your days thinking how lucky you are when your family is cold towards you or tells you that you are surplus to requirements and they just say ' well, I've given you a free house, deal with it'. Louis and Charlotte need to be told to do something useful of their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

I don't think it's black and white either but that's exactly the story that Harry and Meghan are trying to tell us. They're all good, they just want to be of service to the world and the royal family is all bad - cold, racist, jealous and disloyal. They have never taken any personal responsibility for anything that happened.
We don't know what exactly happened at Sandringham and we never will because we only got Harry's version of events. I could easily imagine it being frustrating to deal with Harry in that meeting and tensions were probably high before it ever started because of the statement Harry released. Yes, in an ideal world William wouldn't have shouted at him but we all lose our tempers sometimes. If the family were that bad, why did they even want half in half out? I think it's because they wanted the publicity and prestige of the RF to boost their commercial and earning potential in America. I think they have sold out their kids and their privacy for money. You don't go from not sharing the godparents names to sharing your scan pictures, a picture of your child in the bath, a video of your very newborn baby and a video of your proposal because of control. It's money. They have no control over anything they put out in the documentary anymore anyway - it's out there now and it was picked over in all the tabloids that they didn't want to share with in the first place.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
To be fair, the Sandringham Summit was virtually being live blogged on the Daily Mail by ‘sources’.

but that’s the thing, isn’t it … accepting that one or the other side is possibly embroidering events for their own ends means a tacit acceptance that whoever is in the other side is as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To be fair, the Sandringham Summit was virtually being live blogged on the Daily Mail by ‘sources’.

but that’s the thing, isn’t it … accepting that one or the other side is possibly embroidering events for their own ends means a tacit acceptance that whoever is in the other side is as well.
Exactly. I'm not saying the RF are all good but they're not as bad as Harry and Meghan make them out to be and Harry and Meghan aren't as innocent and filled with good intentions as they pretend to be either. They're not winning the public over with their current tactics anyway so I think they'll have to give up on it after the book comes out and try to move forward. I don't think they have much to offer beyond the RF though. Their new documentary for Netflix was made by another company a few years ago and they've just put their name on it. That's pretty poor considering they've employed plenty of staff and a hotshot director and they've had 2 years. I don't think it's going to get really high viewing figures either. They'll have to up their game if they're going to keep producing content for a living.

Reactions: 10
Publicly outing a bunch of two faced, vindictive and nasty human beings. That family is damaged, regardless of Harry. The whole institution is rotten to the core. Anything he says or does comes no where near the rest of them.

Also putting out content about his family that he approves. Allowing his children to only be photographed on his say so while earning enough to cover the security for two of the Queens grandchildren because their own family won’t pay for it but they’ll happily pay off a woman Prince Andrew claimed to never of met!
Why on earth would the RF and or the British public pay for Harry and Meghans kids security? As an aside the children are not the late Queen's grandchildren.

H&M left the firm. Left the job and went to the US to make their own living i.e. trash their family, the British Public and the Media for copious amounts of money, so they can take care of their own security. Their sense of entitlement is beyond belief.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thing is- I don’t need to know if someone is a two faced lying human being if it doesn’t concern me personally? Who cares? His personal quarrels with his family don’t concern in any way how well they do their job. Which, arguably, could be better, but I doubt W screaming at his brother or not has any influence on how many says he works or if he will continue to successfully work the Duchy.
The racism claim is another matter, but as they refuse to say who it is and leave with a vague there is bias in the family/institution there is nothing to be done than hiring an anti-discrimination person, Update and follow through with HR guidelines and give some workshops.
As to your last paragraph. I don’t dispute their rightful wish to decide what content they want covered. That might be the reality for people outside the public eye but if you make publicity a pillar of your work that’s not how it works. Interestingly enough they are not willing to give the same curtesy to others- because I am sure his family would have preferred not be mentioned negatively by them. Anyhow. I do have a problem with the idea that H&M are so great because they only put out content of their children they approve off. That’s not their call to make either. But they’re children when they are old enough. Putting a video of your babies bath time on Netflix is krass in my opinion. In the end they are selling their privacy for money. On their terms which is fair and well for the adults. But their children should be off limits. No one needed to get to know them as a family. They have put themselves on the same level like influencers that sell out their children while claiming their channel is not a family channel. In a strange way the Cambridgelings, while regularly appearing in public, have a much more private life as of now. Their appearances are curated and we will probably never see them for real.
So you prefer Wills & Kate. Just say that.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I think for me regardless of who is right or wrong or anywhere in between, airing your families dirty laundry in public is just crass. Don’t want to do it anymore? Fine, leave and go do what you want. Just shut the duck up about it. They want to not only have their cake and eat it, but also take photos of it, change it because the design isn’t quite right, light candles on it and do a cake smash. While everyone tells them how wonderful and wronged they are ofcourse.
Is airing dirty laundry infra dig - absolutely, but the RF have been doing it for years with various biographies, interviews and sources-to-keep-their-hands-clean for decades.

Couple that the fact that that a cottage industry has sprung up around them with various commentators, body language experts, sources and a whole host of YouTube bunnies who don’t know them from Adam spouting all manner of quite frankly bunkum as fact, analysing every utterance and photograph as to why their kids don’t exist/are robots and quite literally making a living from it … its <scales hands>. All that has to happen is all these people and the papers ignore them … but while they are playing their heating bills, they want to keep the bandwagon rolling.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

I don’t disagree with your description of the royals but Is it possible that Harry is just as bad as the rest of them? From what we’ve seen of him I’m not convinced that he’s any better.

Reactions: 13
So you prefer Wills & Kate. Just say that.
I do. But not by much. H&M have or probably had enormous potential. M is a well spoken woman, her history of being self employed is a benefit snd her professional background even more so. She also had a good grasp at social media. And she is beautiful. H was a relaxed, funny guy to steak horses with and a happy/cheeky disposition. Mind you, that’s the PR version. I will say that I really liked MM style as Rachel in Suits. Sadly the character got a change for the worse after 4 seasons, but that has nothing to do with MM. But the style was great, so I didn’t warm up to her personal style. Rachel would have fit great into the BRF in terms of clothes. I also think that in terms of work ethic in general M is clearly some levels above W,K&H.
I also think that living the BRF is no fun and I don’t begrudge H&M for leaving.
I also have lots of criticism for W&K. Superficial in terms of fashion as well as more substantial in terms of how they fill their role.
But I have no time for stories with massive and obvious holes. Many things H&M say don’t add up if you follow through or look extremely sketchy. And I find the whole escalation over the last two years pretty dubious. First it’s the press abuse and financial independence, then the wider public and the grey suits, and it took over a year for them to blame the family and almost two to name C&W. If the BRF had granted them the half in/half out scheme they would have been happy to continue to smile and wave on behalf of the monarchy and never opened up about all the horrible things. That’s pretty opportunistic and not at all sincere to me. Also, they haven’t deliver on many things they promised (anyone remembers how they said their website would bring truthful informed around the CORONA virus and developments?) it’s frustrating because they could be so much more successful and ahead, instead they still are stuck on stuff that happened two or more years ago.
W&K are shockingly lazy and extremely bad at PR. And they had some stupid moments of complaining about stuff. But yes, I prefer their more reserved way and less drama. They are frustrating as well because they also have more potential AND they should have a well oiled and connected team behind them.
Both couples seem unable to see the big picture.
W&K are also rather bland in their public personas, so it’s hard to say much about them sometimes. H&M and their antics invite criticism much quicker.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I don’t disagree with your description of the royals but Is it possible that Harry is just as bad as the rest of them? From what we’ve seen of him I’m not convinced that he’s any better.
Oh, I think they are all pretty much of a muchness.

I think the adults we have now are ones that, however much they railed against the position in their younger days, have come to the conclusion that it’s in their best interests to accept the chalice, play nice and keep things ticking over. All they are trying to do at the minute is keep the curtain pulled over the inner working, Wizard of Oz style.

What happens when the next generation arrive at the Put Up and Shut Up point and how that will be handled is the interesting thing.

Reactions: 6
People excuse Kate for not working alot on the fact she has young children. Since the summer, all three are now in full time education so i'm hoping we will see a rise in the number of engagements!
When W and H were little, did Diana do less engagements? or Anne?

Reactions: 7
People excuse Kate for not working alot on the fact she has young children. Since the summer, all three are now in full time education so i'm hoping we will see a rise in the number of engagements!
When W and H were little, did Diana do less engagements? or Anne?
I tried searching the other day to see if anyone kept records back then because I was curious about this as well but couldn’t find anything. Apparently Kate actually did around 140ish engagements last year, the 90 were just the visible ones out with the public, still I think she could do more.

Reactions: 1
I agree that Harry is as bad as the rest of them, but the difference is that Netflix, Spotify etc are paying their wages, and will stop doing do if they aren't getting value for money. Archie and Lili will have to do their own thing. They are nothing to do with us really anymore, any more than any other celebrity. The rest of the Royals are a family who is responsible for producing the Head of State and imposing them on several countries. They are afforded enormous privileges and powers, much of which we know nothing about. The least they can do is try and not inflict damaged people on us generation after generation, even for their own sake for people to gawp at like performing monkeys. But they seem to be addicted to the power and status and the fantasy as much as everyone else, and seem incapable of change. Maybe Charles will shake things up. I don't think William will.

• Heart
I agree that Harry is as bad as the rest of them, but the difference is that Netflix, Spotify etc are paying their wages, and will stop doing do if they aren't getting value for money. Archie and Lili will have to do their own thing. They are nothing to do with us really anymore, any more than any other celebrity. The rest of the Royals are a family who is responsible for producing the Head of State and imposing them on several countries. They are afforded enormous privileges and powers, much of which we know nothing about. The least they can do is try and not inflict damaged people on us generation after generation, even for their own sake for people to gawp at like performing monkeys. But they seem to be addicted to the power and status and the fantasy as much as everyone else, and seem incapable of change. Maybe Charles will shake things up. I don't think William will.
100% this! You can not keep behaving in a way that constantly attracts negative press and feedback when you’re supposed to be the backbone of the U.K. & almost everyone of the Royals, at some point, has behaved awfully.

The constant competition between Harry & Meghan & William & Kate really irks me. It’s as if you have to choose a side. You can actually like both or you can criticise both. You can like one and actually be impartial or unbiased on the other. But it’s all very much a huge hate campaign against both couples, I struggle to understand why people get so out of sorts over them. It’s not like you’re average Tattle story where they’ve ripped someone off, lied about surgery or filters or not classed an Ad, an Ad! People actually froth at the mouth over them. I just don’t get that.

I think the shouting in the face thing is without context. I’m sure from William’s side he might say they were having the same conversation again and again, that Harry was refusing to budge, maybe that he blindsided them, or they’d had the conversation previously come up with some compromises and Harry wasn’t prepared to accept them.
Also ‘in my face’ is quite a provocative phrase, that he got up from the table to get closer to Harry in a threatening way. Would William say he briefly he lost his temper and shouted from his seated position across the table, a couple of sentences before regaining his composure.
We’ll never know for sure but of course Harry will phrase it to make him seem like a victim of the evil institution as that his ‘his truth’ not necessarily the actual truth.
Recollections may vary let’s remember!
Let's also remember that as the future king, William will always be protected so any 'recollections' from his side will be in his favour. In decades to come when he is dead things may change and things might not be so positive but people seem to love him for now and thus most things in the media etc id positive. He is the royal family's golden boy.

They're probably all bad apples but some (Andrew) are more mouldy than the rest.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Exactly. You don’t know what was so catastrophic and there’s a lot we will never know.
I don’t really know what else to say to this. Just get over the death of a parent when as a child, he was put on tv for the world to see walk behind a bloody coffin. I personally don’t run around being offended by everyone just because of my childhood. I doubt he does. I get people are naturally louder than others or more volatile than others but If I think people are the sort to shout in my face, knowing I despise that kind of behaviour, i would just do my best to keep away from them. Why put yourself in a situation you’re gonna get upset in? May be that’s why he steers clear of William. To be quite honest, I don’t really see any situation where screaming at someone is called for anyway. If William gets that Harry has never dealt with it in the same way he has then why deal with it by shouting in his face in the first place? It’s pointless.

I think Harry is dealing with it. He’s ensuring that absolute tit show of a family understand the damage they do with they way they scheme and lie along with the media and he’s stopping it from affecting his own two children! I think he’s doing what obviously needs to be done.
It's all very well to point out that William went through the same thing but they are different people. Years ago, even before Diana's death, someone from the Royal Household said that we shouldn't go by looks as William was a Windsor through and through despite his then Spencer appearance but Harry was the one who was emotional and empathetic like his mother. Remember that Harry was seen as the 'fun one' because he was a natural with children (perhaps even somehow partially arrested there?), mixed easily with people (one Welsh Guardsman with whom Harry spent time on Walking With The Wounded said that he was nervous about meeting royalty but Harry was "just a bloke really"), and generally have a laugh with the public.

In comparison, William has always been more contained in public and, for a father of three, seems rather distant when meeting children out and about.

Even Charles has come into his own as a grandfather, crawling around with his and Camilla's grandchildren according to her, and happily ruffling hair etc of the children he meets out and about. If you watch Charles, he also tends to touch people on the arm when he's talking to them, to make a connection.

To me, William seems more of a throwback to a previous generation; Queen Elizabeth kept herself very much to herself in public and William seems to be that way, except for his temper - and Philip could be explosive at times.

Last edited:
I think the Andrew problem is harder to deal with than the Harry and Meghan issue.

Andrew obviously doesn't have large amounts of cash or assets. He seems to live courtesy of his mother and brothers coat tails and has done for years.

If Charles cut Andrew off completely he would have to go and find some work which would inevitably put him back to to the forefront and a public presence. In order to keep Andrew away from all things public and Royal they have to pay for it. He's essentially on house arrest on the Windsor estate and that's the way Charles and William want it.

Harry and Meghan, whilst problematic from a publicity point of view aren't in the same league and once they've told their story a hundred times the public will eventually tire and move on.
Surely Andrew has some nice inheritance money from mom and dad. I guess he can go by way of Fergie,Meg and Harry and sell some stories. and seems the daughters could help he and Fergie. They have to have some cash . I am sure he could support himself living rent free in Nott Cottage.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.