The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screenshot_20221214-221344_Chrome.jpg

Who has the time for this nonsense? Like how can you hate someone you've never met so much that you take time out of your actual life to create a fake profile to leave a review for a show that you've never watched? There's something pathological happening here...I can't wait to read the actual cultural and psychological thinkpieces about this one day.

Reactions: 23
I think they do but I was asking because I was wondering what story Harry and Meghan might be saying was buried by using a negative story about Meghan. It would have to be a story in the British press in that scenario. Whatever control the RF might have over the British press they have none at all over foreign outlets.
It’s not what they said though? They didn’t say there was a bad story about them created to cover up for W but that Will’s tit got covered up but lies about them weren’t rectified. Which, as unfair as it is, makes complete sense to the institution.
I doubt the Rose Affair because there wasn’t enough in the non-UK press. Chick(?) printed Kate’s boobs so I am sure if there was something substantial to be found a foreign newspaper would have found it and run with it. And Uk tabloids would have followed suit after the fallout. I can see him having ONS, an affair is a bit more tricky though. If he had/has one I doubt it’s Rose though.

Reactions: 5
It’s not what they said though? They didn’t say there was a bad story about them created to cover up for W but that Will’s tit got covered up but lies about them weren’t rectified. Which, as unfair as it is, makes complete sense to the institution.
I doubt the Rose Affair because there wasn’t enough in the non-UK press. Chick(?) printed Kate’s boobs so I am sure if there was something substantial to be found a foreign newspaper would have found it and run with it. And Uk tabloids would have followed suit after the fallout. I can see him having ONS, an affair is a bit more tricky though. If he had/has one I doubt it’s Rose though.
That's exactly what they said in the latest trailer. Meghan was a scapegoat and they were planting stories about her to avoid stories being printed about other family members. They didn't name William specifically. I was just using him a an example. It has to be William, Kate, Charles or Camilla that they're referring to anyway in my opinion. The rest of the RF aren't newsworthy enough and I don't think they're going to go after Andrew.

Reactions: 3
That's exactly what they said in the latest trailer. Meghan was a scapegoat and they were planting stories about her to avoid stories being printed about other family members. They didn't name William specifically. I was just using him a an example. It has to be William, Kate, Charles or Camilla that they're referring to anyway in my opinion. The rest of the RF aren't newsworthy enough and I don't think they're going to go after Andrew.
No? A guy, whose name I didn’t get, said: “they were actively recruiting people to disseminate misinformation”.
And H said: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother. They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
Disseminate is not the same as create. And it is never said that they created a lie about the Sussexes to protect the Cambridges. Not by the guy, H or M.

No? A guy, whose name I didn’t get, said: “they were actively recruiting people to disseminate misinformation”.
And H said: “They were happy to lie to protect my brother. They were never willing to tell the truth to protect us.”
Disseminate is not the same as create. And it is never said that they created a lie about the Sussexes to protect the Cambridges. Not by the guy, H or M.
There was another trailer after that. Think it came out yesterday evening. They do say that Meghan was used as a scapegoat to take the heat off others in the family.

There was another trailer after that. Think it came out yesterday evening. They do say that Meghan was used as a scapegoat to take the heat off others in the family.
This is entirely plausible. Not a fan of hers per se but she was always going to be an outsider. Americans for obvious reasons are never going to really get what a 'firm' the RF really is. They just see tiaras and ballgowns.

Reactions: 14
So Meghan was better than anyone at touring? Seriously, it's all about giving hands, smiling and being gracious to people talking to you. Of course the Australian/NZ tour would attract more people to see the new RF Member, a young and beautiful american actress. I mean it was expected. I have difficulty to believe the RF didn't want to get a lot of positive coverage about Meghan as it was benefitting them. Apart saying people in the Palace got upset, do they have proofs of what they are saying?

Yes Charles was upset that Diana got more attention than him. But what do they forget to say is that their relationship was already collapsing. It was petty from him but part of his reaction was led by the state of their marriage.

Reactions: 8
So Meghan was better than anyone at touring? Seriously, it's all about giving hands, smiling and being gracious to people talking to you. Of course the Australian/NZ tour would attract more people to see the new RF Member, a young and beautiful american actress. I mean it was expected. I have difficulty to believe the RF didn't want to get a lot of positive coverage about Meghan as it was benefitting them. Apart saying people in the Palace got upset, do they have proofs of what they are saying?

Yes Charles was upset that Diana got more attention than him. But what do they forget to say is that their relationship was already collapsing. It was petty from him but part of his reaction was led by the state of their marriage.
Oh, I fully believe that the various households of the Royal Family are very precious about their perceived public standing.
Friend and I like to imagine a wall chart in the various offices detailing how many freebies and gifts they came back from each visit with.
One person gets told by a random stranger that they love them, or get an extra cuddly toy and I bet there is hell to pay.
I can also imagine the blood royal staff being a bit tetchy if a new incomer is temporarily more popular.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Apparently with Rose because Kate is too ‘old fashioned’. It involves Rose donning a strap on and doing Wills up the bum.
Ooh I thought Rose wad the one he got ' too attached to' and there was someone else. Isn't Roses husband rumoured to ge gay, and sounds most of his time in France with his male liver? Maybe she has a strap on spare!

Reactions: 2
Seriously ... a man in his 30's who was in the army for 10 years and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan found his brother shouting 'terrifying'.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I wish they'd both just STFU now. You got what you wanted. You keep saying you have your freedom and you're happy. Prove it.

Reactions: 22
The music and the cinematography on these clips of the show is just way too much.

Reactions: 9
Harry and Meghan complain that the RF didn't want to sue the press for the leaked letter in the 5th episode but on the 6th episode, they say how the DM is using the case to stir things up and make a fortune of the information going out the trial. Wasn't that the reason why the RF didn't want to sue, because they knew what will happen? I mean, yes it was disgusting to publish this private letter but it's really difficult to sue in their position because then it's a field day for the tabloids. It's like the RF actually wanted to protect them from being even more exposed? But Meghan and Harry didn't see it like this. In a way, it's very sad, because the fallout is made of a lot of misunderstandings.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Seriously ... a man in his 30's who was in the army for 10 years and did a couple of tours in Afghanistan found his brother shouting 'terrifying'.

Out of the three of them Harry seems the least in control and fractious. If they were screaming and shouting I can imagine who was doing it the loudest.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Was he saying that the shouting itself was terrifying or the fact it was his brother doing the shouting was terrifying … so not the actual shouting per se.
(Genuine question)

Reactions: 9
Nice little job here for Harry or Meghan. Did their scriptwriter also write this job description? 🤔

Screenshot_20221215_101116.jpg

Off topic, no money for the front line staff but plenty of these jobs knocking around, as per usual 🙄

• Haha
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Harry and Meghan complain that the RF didn't want to sue the press for the leaked letter in the 5th episode but on the 6th episode, they say how the DM is using the case to stir things up and make a fortune of the information going out the trial. Wasn't that the reason why the RF didn't want to sue, because they knew what will happen? I mean, yes it was disgusting to publish this private letter but it's really difficult to sue in their position because then it's a field day for the tabloids. It's like the RF actually wanted to protect them ffrom being even more exposed? But Meghan and Harry didn't see it like this. In a way, it's very sad, because the fallout is made of a lot of misunderstandings.
It seems like no one was prepared to mediate a happy medium. Surely there was something that could have been done between “nothing” and “all guns blazing”.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.