The Royal Family #31

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would hope every adult, who isn’t disabled or injured in some way, can dress themselves…what low standards we have!
I read a version of Angela Kelly's book (don't judge), it was 99p on kindle) but apart from state occasions Queenie used dress herself and do her own makeup

Reactions: 3
I mean she surrounds herself with people who take a ridiculously long time to do anything
1B6E8F5E-2E93-4DF0-B983-FEA99269FF9C.jpeg

‘Ward said the key is a good blow dry with "any last kink or hint of frizz smoothed out with products and hair straighteners" then gelling or waxing the hair into place "one small section at a time."’ - pity he didn’t tame the numerous flyaways!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
No disrespect to Anne because most at her age would be retired, but the hardest working title based on numbers is so meaningless. She can do 3 engagements in 2 hours by visiting 3 businesses and saying hello and shaking a couple of hands. People like her in the family are still important because she’s doing visits to the everyman and keeping the royal family circulating in peoples heads whilst the rest work on their bigger things, but it doesn’t mean her 3 meetings are any harder work than another’s 1 meeting just because the numbers bigger.
No disrespect to Anne because most at her age would be retired, but the hardest working title based on numbers is so meaningless. She can do 3 engagements in 2 hours by visiting 3 businesses and saying hello and shaking a couple of hands. People like her in the family are still important because she’s doing visits to the everyman and keeping the royal family circulating in peoples heads whilst the rest work on their bigger things, but it doesn’t mean her 3 meetings are any harder work than another’s 1 meeting just because the numbers bigger.
In fairness, its not like they're down the mines working but as others have said when the only person outworking you is recovering from a stroke and a woman in her 70s is outworking you by miles than it's fair to say she's work shy. She could easily fit in a handful engagements in a week.

Reactions: 11
A new argument is being introduced around Meghan-that miscarriage is not caused by stress. High and prolonged level of stress certainly doesn't help.
This for me is a problem with Harry. There’s no direct link between miscarriages and stress so it’s medically inaccurate and foolish for him to say this on such a big screen. Women have enough problems without the blame of miscarrying being put on them because they didn’t sleep enough or got a bit stressed at work, it’s just a sad part of nature.

Reactions: 17
This for me is a problem with Harry. There’s no direct link between miscarriages and stress so it’s medically inaccurate and foolish for him to say this on such a big screen. Women have enough problems without the blame of miscarrying being put on them because they didn’t sleep enough or got a bit stressed at work, it’s just a sad part of nature.
Except that he said very clearly that they could not be sure that was the case. And why any woman should feel that 'blame' is attached I cannot fathom.

Reactions: 10
He very clearly said that while he is convinced this was a big contributing factor but that there is no proof for this.
I don’t get the interpretation that „stress can contribute to miscarriages“ is in any way making the woman at fault. Rather the circumstances that sometimes can be helped and sometimes not. Stress affects people very differently. Some thrive, some shut down. Some gain weight, some loose weight. It’s most definitely not healthy. And while there is no medical causality between stress and miscarriage it surely doesn’t help.

Reactions: 16
Except that he said very clearly that they could not be sure that was the case. And why any woman should feel that 'blame' is attached I cannot fathom.
They absolutely shouldn't feel any blame. But I can assure you that every single woman who has ever miscarried has questioned what she did wrong. And I mean every. little. thing.

If my husband told everyone that he believed I'd miscarried as I was stressed, in my eyes, that puts the blame firmly on me. I didn't look after my mind and body enough, and so my baby died. You already question everything you did. Did I drink too much tea? Did I sit down too heavily that time? Did I forget to take my pregnancy vitamin one day? It eats you up inside.

Harry would never have said "oh she lost the baby because she had a glass of wine each weekend" or "she lost the baby because she was doing too much yoga".

He has no idea, and Meghan, woman-empowerer extraordinaire, should know better than to let him say such things.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
I mean she surrounds herself with people who take a ridiculously long time to do anything
View attachment 1821326
‘Ward said the key is a good blow dry with "any last kink or hint of frizz smoothed out with products and hair straighteners" then gelling or waxing the hair into place "one small section at a time."’ - pity he didn’t tame the numerous flyaways!
Maybe this was what caused the issues with Meghan. The staff are used to taking their time to do anything, because they have 90 minutes to do a simple hairstyle and she was expecting them to do things faster.

Reactions: 7
expecting them to do things faster.
Or maybe at a normal speed?
I’d get it if it was an intricate hair do but it was blown dry, straightened, tucked behind then ears and even then it had flyaways!

Bit confused about the reports concerning Charles paying for Andrew’s security. Why pay for Andrew but not Harry? Surely your own son trumps your pervert of a brother?

Reactions: 6
Or maybe at a normal speed?
I’d get it if it was an intricate hair do but it was blown dry, straightened, tucked behind then ears and even then it had flyaways!

Bit confused about the reports concerning Charles paying for Andrew’s security. Why pay for Andrew but not Harry? Surely your own son trumps your pervert of a brother?
I don't see why he should be paying for either of them. Neither of them are working royals so don't get state funded security. Harry definitely has enough money to pay for his own and Andrew should have as well.

I don't see why he should be paying for either of them. Neither of them are working royals so don't get state funded security. Harry definitely has enough money to pay for his own and Andrew should have as well.
Agree. Andrew is holed up in Windsor Castle. He doesn't need his own security. Did he not get any money from his parents? He should be paying out of that if he thinks he needs security.

Reactions: 4
Unfortunately Harry and Meghan have to apportion blame to someone or something for everything.
They never feel they have done anything wrong. (This is not about the miscarriage, no one is to blame there)
Sadly they will go through their lives as perpetual victims which is a shame because they are more privileged than 99% of the world’s population.
I just wish they’d stop courting attention and go and live the happy, quiet life they said they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I don’t either but if he is paying for Andrew why didn’t he want to pay for his son? It’s a bit odd.

Reactions: 7
I don’t either but if he is paying for Andrew why didn’t he want to pay for his son? It’s a bit odd.
Because dissing the Royal Family is a worse crime than cavorting with paedophiles, getting them to pay off your ex wife's debt, using Buckingham Palace to impress dodgy billionnaires and to run a ' charity' where you syphon off a load of profits, making staff do a days training so they can learn exactly where your teddies should go, buying ski chalets and then getting your mum to pay for it, getting your mum to pay your way out of a sex abuse lawsuit

Unfortunately Harry and Meghan have to apportion blame to someone or something for everything.
They never feel they have done anything wrong. (This is not about the miscarriage, no one is to blame there)
Sadly they will go through their lives as perpetual victims which is a shame because they are more privileged than 99% of the world’s population.
I just wish they’d stop courting attention and go and live the happy, quiet life they said they want.
They do have an incredible lack of self awareness, but it is the press and the Royal ' experts' making money out of them who are keeping this alive. They have done two things where they have spoken about the Royals. The rest is noise from the media, who can't shut up about them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I imagine Andrew plays the “I can still be a working member of the family but you aren’t allowing me too and therefore in order for me to take a step back you have to keep me in a manner I’ve become accustomed to as I can’t go out and make my own money” card.

Whereas H&M wanted to step back from the roles and be financially independent.

They absolutely shouldn't feel any blame. But I can assure you that every single woman who has ever miscarried has questioned what she did wrong. And I mean every. little. thing.

If my husband told everyone that he believed I'd miscarried as I was stressed, in my eyes, that puts the blame firmly on me. I didn't look after my mind and body enough, and so my baby died. You already question everything you did. Did I drink too much tea? Did I sit down too heavily that time? Did I forget to take my pregnancy vitamin one day? It eats you up inside.

Harry would never have said "oh she lost the baby because she had a glass of wine each weekend" or "she lost the baby because she was doing too much yoga".

He has no idea, and Meghan, woman-empowerer extraordinaire, should know better than to let him say such things.
I can assure you in return that not every woman feels that way, from my own experience. Devastated? Yes. Responsible? No. It seems extraordinary to me that if one believes in stress as a potential cause that self-blame is the response. Surely if stress is causative (unlikely on its own) the blame would lie with the people or things causing the stress.

On the subject of York's protection, I highly doubt the King is paying for it though I am sure the Revolting One would like people to think he is.

He very clearly said that while he is convinced this was a big contributing factor but that there is no proof for this.
I don’t get the interpretation that „stress can contribute to miscarriages“ is in any way making the woman at fault. Rather the circumstances that sometimes can be helped and sometimes not. Stress affects people very differently. Some thrive, some shut down. Some gain weight, some loose weight. It’s most definitely not healthy. And while there is no medical causality between stress and miscarriage it surely doesn’t help.
+1. I remember how everyone was respectful of Zara's miscarriage and grieving.

When did they say they wanted a quiet life? That’s such a pervasive false narrative.

This Is a quick outline from a Buzzfeed reporter, interesting little piece:

• Haha
Miscarriage happens a lot. Meghan has two children and miscarried one, that's very very common.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.