The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also, didn't they say first they wanted to keep on working for the RF but from abroad or something like that? If the RF and the british press were unbearable why would have they chosen that path? It's only when the RF refused them to have private endeavours and being senior royals that they left for good. Why would have they kept on working for an institution they find racist and abusive?
Which makes all the clips recorded around that time even stranger. If you had plans to make a few podcasts or documentaries about charity and mix it in with some royal duties, why are you recording yourself at airports or sat crying?

Reactions: 10
Even the phrase 'our truth' bugs me. Truth is an absolute. There's THE truth and that's it.
Well, it’s not that simple really.
There is what they perceive to be the truth, what other people involved perceive to be the truth and somewhere in the middle, cowering under a blankie is possibly something nearer to what might be the actuality of it.

Reactions: 6
they're public figures aren't they? It's not like we're talking about some randoms plucked off Pinterest. I thought the pictures were a bit schmaltzy too.
I wonder if she would have had a niggling worry about an aristocratic born 19 year old marrying a 36 year old Prince who clearly wanted to be anywhere else?

It‘s a trailer … it’s doing exactly what trailers do. Get people talking and watching.
it’ll most likely be summut and nowt when it comes down to it, people will feel cheated and Netflix will be as happy as Larry because people have been talking and writing about it all week.
Completely. I bet it's the palace machinery that they're complaining about in that clip. I think they'll blame it all on the press and the courtiers and they won't say anything damaging about individual family members. They probably won't even tell us what William did. Apart from the affair rumours is there anything else William has been accused of that the palace might have lied about? I don't think the palace ever even addressed the affair rumours so it can't be that. Maybe it's something from when they were young? Anyway, whatever else you say about Netflix, they make a very effective trailer!

There is what they perceive to be the truth, what other people involved perceive to be the truth and somewhere in the middle, cowering under a blankie is possibly something nearer to what might be the actuality of it.
I would say there's my version or perspective, your version or perspective and the truth. I wouldn't say there are three truths.

• Heart
So that would be a story. The truth is absolute fact.

Reactions: 4
The piece was about whether the engagement photos weren't all a bit too 'Hollywood'. The author had a 'niggling worry' about them. Not a major worry, not a rage, not a fury, not an irritation, not a dread, not a hate but a slight concern that she couldn't quite bat away. Niggling.
Yeah, that makes it even worse. It wasn’t even a necessary article let alone article title (which is the DM’s MO I guess). But yeah for sure, niggling was absolutely the only word available to use here, there was clearly nothing else being attempted wkth 🙄

Reactions: 9
Completely. I bet it's the palace machinery that they're complaining about in that clip. I think they'll blame it all on the press and the courtiers and they won't say anything damaging about individual family members. They probably won't even tell us what William did. Apart from the affair rumours is there anything else William has been accused of that the palace might have lied about? I don't think the palace ever even addressed the affair rumours so it can't be that. Maybe it's something from when they were young? Anyway, whatever else you say about Netflix, they make a very effective trailer!
I think I remember reading something about the Nazi uniform thing that William had egged him on to wear it and had then left him to take the flak. I think it may generally be that the press were given stories about Harry in order to protect William.

Reactions: 7
I think I remember reading something about the Nazi uniform thing that William had egged him on to wear it and had then left him to take the flak. I think it may generally be that the press were given stories about Harry in order to protect William.
I think it’s pretty well known from various biographies of staff that they could go months without talking … I wouldn’t be surprised it the close brothers thing was as much a PR/media construct as anything else

• Wow
Reactions: 14

I would say there's my version or perspective, your version or perspective and the truth. I wouldn't say there are three truths.
Harry is said to feel hard done by over the Nazi uniform thing as it's been claimed in a couple of books that William egged him on. Also think he felt singled out for drunken antics/drugs when his brother was probably dabbling too.

Harry is said to feel hard done by over the Nazi uniform thing as it's been claimed in a couple of books that William egged him on. Also think he felt singled out for drunken antics/drugs when his brother was probably dabbling too.
Both of them turned up to a ' colonials and natives' party with a bunch of their Upper Class twit mates, even though they were Princes of the Realm. I mean, how did the rest of that fancy dress party go?

Reactions: 13
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.

I really don’t see why it’s shocking that a country would prioritise its defence of the future head of state. Why would that be some kind of revelation? Of *course* William would be afforded more protection than Harry; that’s the whole point of primogeniture. If you start to unpick things like this, you’ll never be able to uphold the idea of monarchy.

Imho, the Queen Mother was wise to treat them differently from the start. Their destinies *were* different, so why delay the realisation? She, herself having married a Spare o/c, was a lot more realistic than their mother who kicked off at her about it.

All well & good to treat children equally in normal circumstances o/c. But in this case, was bound to lead to bitter bitter disappointment and envy in later life.

Having seen the unhappiness and avoidable outcomes over the last 3 generations (Harry, Andrew and Margaret), I really hope there’s a better plan of how to manage Charlotte and Louis’s expectations, and that they realise from the start that they won’t ever be afforded the same privileges as the firstborn.

Ideally, it would be better for the stability of the monarchy for direct heirs to have 1 child and that’s it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Damn Harry’s finally dropped Williams name in the new trailer

Again I’m questioning the mental state of these two from the opening snippet, that they were basically worried for their lives and had to get out for safety. It’s madness they think their lives are in genuine danger, the lives of MPs in this country are at a greater risk than royalty or celebrities and they don’t get any security
Jo Cox is sadly an example of that. There is also the fact that many Hollywood’s celebrities have security threats, Taylor Swift has a stalker, Kobe Bryant’s eldest daughter (I’m blanking on her name) apparently currently has a stalker and she’s not even that present in the media. I’m sure the likes of Elon Musk and Bill Gates get constant security and death threats. I believe the secret service protection for the Obama’s children is no longer funded by the state…so you know what they all do? PAY FOR THEIR OWN SECURITY!!

I think it’s pretty well known from various biographies of staff that they could go months without talking … I wouldn’t be surprised it the close brothers thing was as much a PR/media construct as anything else
My sister and I have a strained relationship (in fairness, she has one with everyone), we’ve even gone years without talking. But she is my sister, I’d never sell her out. Now, she might do that to me and everyone would ask why are you re-hashing grievances from years ago when you have created a better life for yourself now? And it’s true, the old her would have but she moved out of the country created a great life for herself and is much happier now and doesn’t rehash grievances (as s she used to as a way to deflect from her own misery. She changed her life for the better and then STFU. The exact opposite of

Harry shitting on William like this will be a temporary set back for William, but ultimately will be worse for Harry. What kind of whingey little tit at this Big age with his own family and an ocean and a continent between him and his family STILL harps on about that kind of stuff? Ultimately despite it all Harry was still the most popular member of the RF, so the same machine that threw Wills tit on him also helped shine him up. Now he’s one of the least popular and that’s all his own doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
[
The other thread seems obsessed with idea that 1) Meghan was a hooker. Well, 'yacht girl' but same thing and 2) her mum did a spell in prison. I can't believe either wouldn't have come out if any truth in them.
The other thread is full of haters. It's exactly because of those people and their hatred towards Harry and Meghan that as soon you make a negative comment on Harry and Meghan you need to reassure people that no you are not a hater. Those people are the most convincing (with the out-of-line articles from tabloids) part of the argument that Meghan and Harry are getting harassed and bullied.

Reactions: 12
I really don’t see why it’s shocking that a country would prioritise its defence of the future head of state. Why would that be some kind of revelation? Of *course* William would be afforded more protection than Harry; that’s the whole point of primogeniture. If you start to unpick things like this, you’ll never be able to uphold the idea of monarchy.

Imho, the Queen Mother was wise to treat them differently from the start. Their destinies *were* different, so why delay the realisation? She, herself having married a Spare o/c, was a lot more realistic than their mother who kicked off at her about it.

All well & good to treat children equally in normal circumstances o/c. But in this case, was bound to lead to bitter bitter disappointment and envy in later life.

Having seen the unhappiness and avoidable outcomes over the last 3 generations (Harry, Andrew and Margaret), I really hope there’s a better plan of how to manage Charlotte and Louis’s expectations, and that they realise from the start that they won’t ever be afforded the same privileges as the firstborn.

Ideally, it would be better for the stability of the monarchy for direct heirs to have 1 child and that’s it.
But then again, the Queen Mum was always grumpy that her husband had taken over the Monarch role as spare with absolutely no training or knowledge at all … so on the face of it, it does seem a bit odd that she would willingly create that differentiation knowing the trouble it caused in her own family life,

harry was in his 20s when he wore that, old enough to know it's wrong.

Reactions: 9
………all the selfie video stuff from them doesn’t look great does it? Ito me it look’s premeditated and planned? Else why would you do that?

But then again, the Queen Mum was always grumpy that her husband had taken over the Monarch role as spare with absolutely no training or knowledge at all … so on the face of it, it does seem a bit odd that she would willingly create that differentiation knowing the trouble it caused in her own family life,
She also had the realisation of how spoiling Margaret Rose and not managing her expectations turned out. To the point of outliving her in the end, which must have been heartbreaking to a mother.

Throughout monarchical history, I wonder what the ratio of bitter, disappointed spares : abdications is and which approach was therefore the most practical to take?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I hope Charles comes forward and is like “hey so if I didn’t protect you from the press can I have all those millions back that I spent bribing newspapers not to report bad pictures of you, or to the paparazzi that I bribed not to take you to court for punching them, or the PR money that was spent on you so even after you were continually racist and stupid you still came out as the most popular royal” but Harry won’t ever give credit and Charles is too much of a wet wipe

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.