The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I agree. Didn’t Prince Edward himself go into that higher brow type of acting? His parents obviously allowed it, which they wouldn’t have done for tv or film work.
He is also a man, and a 'blood Royal'

Exactly. They had Commonwealth roles so they could have gone to live in a Commonwealth country such as Canada which would be relatively convenient for Doria and worked from there. If that wasn't enough, they could have added in other stuff such as military charities, the UN, supporting women, and so on. It does seem that the RF wanted them fully 'in' as it were though. Queen Elizabeth (at the time) was also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other nations so having members of the RF living there instead of just visiting would have looked good and they wouldn't have had the constant comparison with W&K. Maybe that was too experimental for the old guard.
This would have been far more sensible, and I thought that was what they were going to do. They could even have spent time in Botswana, as Harry loves it there so much, and his charity is based there. I think Meghan told Harry he could make a life for himself outside the RF because he was so amazing when in reality, all he has is being a member of the Royal Family. I still think the lions share of this mess is Harry''s.

Reactions: 12
@Popcorn&Peanuts 🥰
After some thinking, I will say I am a bit sad they are not shedding more light and facts on the Empire 2.0 argument. It’s not completely off base and the fact that Europe is maintaining structures that ensure its own benefit over the success of others is often overlooked. And while that’s an obvious given, because the success, safety, welfare and benefit of its citizens should be its main goal and all our systems are build on exploitation, hierarchy and creating needs (hello Kapitalism. I wonder if there ever will anything new come along. Communism hasn’t worked out well so far in praxis). We are only willing to pursue fairer partnerships with other countries as long as it doesn’t hurt us. So the argument the Commonwealth is build on the same incentive is an interesting point. And looking into works of it today and who benefits is also a worthwhile project. I think it’s clear that W won’t ever be Head of the Commonwealth. It will probably an elected position. I wonder if Canada and Australia will stay and if the UK will shrink in its importance in this group.
This would have been an incredible interesting documentary. But using those questions to give your person story a hint of more importance is not working. At least for me. Maybe for an audience that isn’t aware of all those things? If you have never thought critically about past and present and how history and our current institutions, morals, economics and societies are connected this might be all new and shocking. Blind activism to change something is rather easy. Alternatives that will be accepted by a majority- that’s what we need to end resentments and bring real change.
Sorry for the derail

Reactions: 6
I think its time PC stripped those prats of their titles and gave them a silencing order.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I think stripping them of titles will play into their hands. They'll play it out as proof of all they've claimed: bullying, racism etc.
The best policy is to cut them off and ignore them. Deny them access and they don't get new material to trade on.

Reactions: 11
I think stripping them of titles will play into their hands. They'll play it out as proof of all they've claimed: bullying, racism etc.
The best policy is to cut them off and ignore them. Deny them access and they don't get new material to trade on.
Inc. not inviting them to the coronation would you say? Or invite them and just give them bad seats again? 😈

• Haha
I think its time PC stripped those prats of their titles and gave them a silencing order.
If they are stripped of their Sussex titles then they will be known as Prince and Princess Henry. It will then become Princess Meghan (they already call her Duchess Meghan in the US) and I think BP want to avoid that at all costs.

Reactions: 10
Inc. not inviting them to the coronation would you say? Or invite them and just give them bad seats again? 😈
I wouldn't invite them full stop. They can't be trusted. They'll milk a non invite but that's over with very quickly.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Exactly. They had Commonwealth roles so they could have gone to live in a Commonwealth country such as Canada which would be relatively convenient for Doria and worked from there. If that wasn't enough, they could have added in other stuff such as military charities, the UN, supporting women, and so on. It does seem that the RF wanted them fully 'in' as it were though. Queen Elizabeth (at the time) was also Queen of Canada, Australia, New Zealand and other nations so having members of the RF living there instead of just visiting would have looked good and they wouldn't have had the constant comparison with W&K. Maybe that was too experimental for the old guard.
The problem was they wanted to 'earn their own money' and work for TRF.

That was never going to work. Conflict of interest.

If they'd have wanted to just live and work around the Commonwealth as Royals working for Royal charities I don't think they'd have had an issue tbh.

Reactions: 10
Coronation should be about King Charles. They could commentate on it for the US. Better seats than they’d get in the UK and they’ll cash in. Winner winner for them.

Reactions: 4
The problem was they wanted to 'earn their own money' and work for TRF.

That was never going to work. Conflict of interest.

If they'd have wanted to just live and work around the Commonwealth as Royals working for Royal charities I don't think they'd have had an issue tbh.
That's what I mean by being like their cousins- Peter Philips selling milk in China, Zara has endorsements and her own jobs, Bea and Eug have nominal ' jobs' and they all turn up to charities and Royal events and benefit commercially from being a member of the RF. If Charles is serious about a slimmed down monarchy, everyone apart from the heir should be following that model. I agree they were foolish to want more than just to sit in the Commonwealth somewhere and make documentaries about Sentebale and Invictus and Grenfell Kitchen etc. All really great things they were doing. But if they are right, and if what has been rumoured about the jealousy and rivalry between the various Royal factions is correct, maybe it really was untenable for them to stay there, and the Royals didn't want them to be doing those very popular and effective things because they would have shown up William and Kate, who were, before all this, were seen as dull and lazy, and who's ventures have nit been as successful. We only hear what the press wants us to hear. At the moment, the press are playing angels ( Waleses) v demons ( Sussexes).

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Harry and Meghan the eternal victims (I am no fan of the Waleses either).

They wanted to make money. That is their whole sob story. She never wanted to stay, and he was eaten up by jealousy. They threw their toys out of the pram and stomped off ebcause they were told they couldn't make bank and work as senior royals. Not good enough for either of them who wanted more. (I don't deny some of the truth in what Harry says about the media: William's boozing, affairs were hidden while Harry's were out in the open. That's how it always is. But he is too thick to realize that's how it is and Meghan and he are both also just crappy people who treat people like tit. That's going to get out too. It isn't some concerted conspiracy. They sound like Trump.)

They really need to check their privilege but they never will - it's them vs the world. It feeds into their complexes. They had zero desire to work with in any kind of royal framework the BRF tried to find for them and bend over backwards for them, they wanted Hollywood multi-millions.

Reactions: 4
OT but isn’t Eugenie just about the fugliest name ever? Can’t believe Her Maj vetoed Anabelle but let that one pass 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 9
For Beatrice apparently. Said it was ‘too yuppy’! I’m not a great fan of ‘Beatrice’ either (the name not the person). Annabelle much prettier than both.
I remember when Beatrice was born, my grandma telling me her name and I just Could Not believe they’d given her the Welsh word for beetroot 🤣 I honestly thought they were being mean cos her face would have been red like my little brother’s had been when he was born a few months before.

Eugenie I just thought was massively geeky, like Eugene on Grease!

Wouldn’t have chosen either name personally. Annabel, as you say, is much prettier.

• Haha
OT but isn’t Eugenie just about the fugliest name ever? Can’t believe Her Maj vetoed Anabelle but let that one pass 🤢
I could have sworn it was in the news that for James the Queen discounted the name Archie because it sounded like the cartoon character but can I find any evidence of this?! No!!
I would have bet money on it because I was so sure that it was a discussion at the time!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.