The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She definitely said he proposed to her whilst they were roasting a chicken in cottage.

"It happened a few weeks ago, earlier this month, here at our cottage — just a standard typical night for us,” Harry said. Meghan then added: “Just a cozy night, we were roasting a chicken. It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got on one knee.”
In the engagement interview M was smirking as she said it - like an 'in-joke' between them - it seemed very odd at the time - 'roasting a chicken'- 'crocodile' (Archie's first word supposedly according to H on the top of the bus - James Corden's gob-smacked reaction) 'hydrate' (another supposed Archie uttering according to H) all have alternative meanings in the Urban Dictionary.... hmmm all very strange ...

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Funny how Dan Wootton and his mates aren't mentioning the viewing figures for the show

The first episode of Harry & Meghan was seen by 2.4 million people on TV sets on its launch day, ratings show. That is the biggest single-day audience for any Netflix show since the streamer joined ratings body Barb in October.

Obviously it won't hold up next week but still. Bet they were waiting all the day for the rating hoping it wouldnt chart

• Sick
Reactions: 7
I think meghan comes from showbiz where everyone hugs and is tactile, Kate from a much more formal background. It's simply a culture clash. I hug friends and family, would def hug a brother's gf, particularly if I knew our family was intimidating. I'm British, middle-class and same age as Kate. I just think her and William are stiff and formal with people, you can see it in public appearances. It doesn't mean they're not nice but they don't have knack of making people feel at ease. Diana had it, Harry has it, Meghan has it. The rest don't really. Nothing wrong with that, but when your "job" is meeting strangers, making small talk etc it's a good skill to have.
Charles is quite tactile too in a reserved way. He often reaches out to touch people on the arm when talking to them - including so-called 'Hollywood royalty' at Wrexham FC. He touches children on the shoulder or head too.

And does he look like Philip in profile, right down to the eyebrows!

One thing that needs to come out of this is that William and Charles seriously need to have a detailed plan as to what to do with Charlotte and Louis and their future families particularly when it relates to jobs/ responsibilities as well as security. I do believe much like Harry their children should be entitled to gov security but this should not be paid for by the taxpayer when the no of working royals is going to be a lot smaller. The RF need to start paying significantly more of their own money if there are going to continue to have more than one child of the monarch.

What Harry, Andrew and Joachim of Denmark demonstrate is that in the modern era, you can't be giving titles but expecting the second child / son to fade into the background behind their brother when they've been raised in the spotlight all their life. Everyone talks about how down to earth Ann is but I believe its because she was never the spare due to her gender/ primogeniture, so she always knew that she was unimportant and her children wouldn't have a title, Andrew on the other hand has always been stuck up. Whenever we saw Harry we saw William and I think unfortunately harry believed he was on the same level as his brother.

Charlotte is the spare and seems to be more outgoing camera ready than George. It wouldn't suprise me if they have the same issues with her that they do with Harry.

Surely with Williams role at the FA it shouldve been him and Kate. Maybe Will was scared of Kate eyeing Ryan who still has a full head of hair. 2022 Ryan is just as hot as 2005 Ryan, same can't be said about William
There's a very interesting book called 1015 Copenhagen K: Mary's Dysfunctional In-Laws by Trinne Villemann which I have on Kindle. Joachim and Frederik seem to have had far worse parenting from Margrethe and Henrik than the BRF did from Elizabeth and Philip. There seems to be a lot more going on under the surface than Joachim being the Spare.

Charles and Camilla were in Wrexham because it was given city status at the Platinum Jubilee; the football club was just part of the day.

She already has Tom Cruise, how greedy can you get? Oh and Daniel Craig!
Remember the meme about "When you're married to a Prince but then you meet Justin Trudeau" and her face in the photo?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Funny how Dan Wootton and his mates aren't mentioning the viewing figures for the show

The first episode of Harry & Meghan was seen by 2.4 million people on TV sets on its launch day, ratings show. That is the biggest single-day audience for any Netflix show since the streamer joined ratings body Barb in October.

Obviously it won't hold up next week but still. Bet they were waiting all the day for the rating hoping it wouldnt chart
I mean, tbf, Netflix only started reporting their stats a month ago and I’d have been shocked if it wasn’t the most watched show on the first day this month…

But to flip it and give it context around 2.5 million people watch Gardener’s World on a Friday night…

I’m not really sure that its that greater viewing tbh. It would be far more interesting if we knew stats from the last few years.

In the engagement interview M was smirking as she said it - like an 'in-joke' between them - it seemed very odd at the time - 'roasting a chicken'- 'crocodile' (Archie's first word supposedly according to H on the top of the bus - James Corden's gob-smacked reaction) 'hydrate' (another supposed Archie uttering according to H) all have alternative meanings in the Urban Dictionary.... hmmm all very strange ...
I'm curious but unsure if I want to look these up in Urban Dictionary whilst at work....

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think this is just looking for meaning where there isn’t one. Anyone can edit Urban Dictionary and practically every other word has a sexual meaning according to it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Sorry but if you go by the UD we’d be dropping even worse things at the wrong time all the time. Better hope no one of you colleagues put your work conversation to test. You could put everything in there as “alternative’ meaning. Have you looked how many meanings crocodile allegedly has in slang? There are also at least 5 pages and the real meaning aka the reptile isn’t even on it. The fact that people can just upvote something because they think it’s funny…. yeah the urban dictionary might be a fun party game but that’s about it.
That’s about the same level as the moon bump in my opinion.

I mean, tbf, Netflix only started reporting their stats a month ago and I’d have been shocked if it wasn’t the most watched show on the first day this month…

But to flip it and give it context around 2.5 million people watch Gardener’s World on a Friday night…

I’m not really sure that its that greater viewing tbh. It would be far more interesting if we knew stats from the last few years.
BIB: I agree. I would have thought it might be more. Strictly had 6.8 on their first episode this year and that’s 1mil down from 2021. 2.5 isn’t exactly stellar, especially as the figures went down for each episode (1.5 & 800.000). It’s not bad either though. I wonder how the figures are internationally. I think this shows that the UK has given up on them for the most part. The royals aren’t of much interest and for decades it’s only been a small minority that’s really interested and an even smaller but extremely vocal group that excessively loves or hates in them.
The figures will probably even out over the episodes and it will be interesting how they look after 1 year in comparison to other content.
I do think the docuseries will place some punches but I doubt there will be much that really rattles the cage. Racism might be over as a topic. I can see them discussing the stiff upper lip and its impact on mental health. How this made them feel unwelcome, uncomfortable and brushed off. Alluding that much of what we see of the RF is a crafted image and the reality is much more boring- maybe talking about how obviously not everyone gets along and that there are resentments yada yada yada. And I think they will put some focus on the leaking against each other but not necessarily put individual blame on the family members.
So, just like this time- not really news about the dark side of the RF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

In all honesty how many of us got sick of binge watching during lockdown. There are a number of delusionals out there who assume Netflix viewership has gone down because of Harry and Meghan. No, it's gone down because of viewer fatigue and the vast majority of the world don't give two fecks about the 5th in line to the British Throne. Or even know who he is

Reactions: 11
I watched the first party of the H&M documentary, thought it was mind numbing and vomit inducing.
I can’t bring myself to watch the 2nd part.
Meghan Farcical’s voice makes me want to put my foot through the tv.

Sorry if I missed it but is the 2.4 million viewers just the U.K., or is it worldwide? If it is international then that is quite low. Imagine the number of journalists and royal experts alone around the world who all have to watch it!

Sorry if I missed it but is the 2.4 million viewers just the U.K., or is it worldwide? If it is international then that is quite low. Imagine the number of journalists and royal experts alone around the world who all have to watch it!
Precisely. I had to start a new Netflix subscription two days ago as I hadn't subscribed since this time last year and the only real reason I initially got rid of was I was am meant to be studying. (Also the content is shyte). I've already cancelled for January

To be fair probably half of those views were Dan Wooton! Netflix is a streaming service. Also, it specifically says ' on tv'. Lots of people watch Netflix on computers and smartphones. People don't watch it like the BBC, and most people who watch Gardeners World are pensioners, who will watch on TV. Netflix will be happy. Especially with the free advertising it's got from the media. I can't imagine who is going to cancel their Netflix subscription because some Tory MP told them to. Its like The Crown. The papers sent traffic to Netflix with their hysteria, but then people watched it and it wasn't as salacious as the press made it out to be, and was rather boring, so the ratings dropped.

Reactions: 5
To be fair probably half of those views were Dan Wooton! Netflix is a streaming service. Also, it specifically says ' on tv'. Lots of people watch Netflix on computers and smartphones. People don't watch it like the BBC, and most people who watch Gardeners World are pensioners, who will watch on TV. Netflix will be happy. Especially with the free advertising it's got from the media. I can't imagine who is going to cancel their Netflix subscription because some Tory MP told them to. Its like The Crown. The papers sent traffic to Netflix with their hysteria, but then people watched it and it wasn't as salacious as the press made it out to be, and was rather boring, so the ratings dropped.
I managed about 15 minutes of the latest series of The Crown last night. Boring as

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I managed about 15 minutes of the latest series of The Crown last night. Boring as
There is one interesting episode, and that's about Mohammed Al Fayed and hardly has any Royals in it! Of all the things that happened in the 90's, they could have gone to town!

There is one interesting eousode, and that's about Mohammed Al Fayed! Of all the things that happened in the 90's, they could have gone to town!
I know if it wasn’t for the 80s and 90s I'd barely know the BRF existed!

ETA I'm as grumpy as feck this morning!

Quoting myself Wooten gives me the creeps

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.