The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why did harry say he had to propose in the UK? William famously proposed in Africa, so did Jack and Eugenie. Edo proposed to Bea in Italy.
Just another one of the inaccuracies in “our truth”. Once he has permission from the Queen he could do it when and where he wanted. Maybe he couldn’t see her until a day before Meg was due to arrive in the U.K. so they didn’t have a holiday booked anywhere together so he just did it in the U.K. but that wasn’t what he was implying

Reactions: 6
why did harry say he had to propose in the UK? William famously proposed in Africa, so did Jack and Eugenie. Edo proposed to Bea in Italy.

I don't believe they were told not to invite her. Kate was allowed to invite her uncle Gary who had an illustrious past (including calling his house Mansion De Bang Bang) , so why would Samantha or Ashleigh not be allowed to go?
I'm amazed Kate even got in with Uncle Gary on the scene. Wouldn't have happened even in Charles' youth.

This is one of my issues with them. They make these claims but can't ever back them up: who stopped them telling their story? Why did they stop them? Who silenced them? Why? Who said she couldn't get therapy? Who took her passport? At some point you have to provide some proof and they never do
Problem is they will never do an interview with anyone who will challenge them when they contradict themselves or each other. The racist thing a case in point, Meghan saying it happened during her pregnancy, Harry said it was before getting married. You don't have to be a proper journalist to notice the obvious discrepancy. Saying that it is my own thinking that the coutiers oftentimes have more ideas of grandeur than the family itself

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is one of my issues with them. They make these claims but can't ever back them up: who stopped them telling their story? Why did they stop them? Who silenced them? Why? Who said she couldn't get therapy? Who took her passport? At some point you have to provide some proof and they never do
didn't she go on 13 holidays while her passport was 'taken away' from her? Including NYC where she had a baby shower costing $200,000

Reactions: 11
didn't she go on 13 holidays while her passport was 'taken away' from her? Including NYC where she had a baby shower costing $200,000
She definitely travelled extensively during the period she was denied a passport. Weird, eh?

Hate to break it to you, but you're also a 'random on the internet'. It's a gossip site. This is a Royal Family thread. Of course I don't know them, neither do you.
We're all randos on the internet. The difference is some of us seem to know that we do NOT know these people and can't possibly know the state of their marriage. And in the absence of not knowing, some of us, while we speculate and discuss and hypothesise, choose to be human enough to not hope for or imply the worst about something so personal.

Reactions: 16
We're all randos on the internet. The difference is some of us seem to know that we do NOT know these people and can't possibly know the state of their marriage. And in the absence of not knowing, some of us, while we speculate and discuss and hypothesise, choose to be human enough to not hope for or imply the worst about something so personal.
That's a lot of words (Meghan, that you?) to basically say what i already said: no, I don't know them and like everyone else I'm just speculating.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That's a lot of words (Meghan, that you?) to basically say what i already said: no, I don't know them and like everyone else I'm just speculating.
How utterly original! 😅

Moving on - The Atlantic has a good take on yesterday's proceedings. I love the Atlantic's longer articles and think pieces - they're always in-depth and objective and I thought this line summarised the whole debacle so very, very well -

"Harry and Meghan have a rare talent—pointing out things that reasonable people would agree with, but doing so in the most annoying way possible."

And also this snippet -

"Culture wars flourish best when two things are simultaneously true, and people must choose which one to emphasize. Does the British press sometimes treat the Royal Family appallingly, and do its white-dominated institutions perpetuate racism? Yes and yes. Do Harry and Meghan love rehashing their grievances, and seem unaware that they are wealthy far beyond anything their personal talents would normally merit? Also yes and yes. "

Reactions: 15
In fun news today ... Charles and Camilla went to Wrexham Football Club and met Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElhenney today. Nice treat for Camilla.

Meeting Ryan Reynolds would almost make it worth being a member of the royal family 🤣 I’d be very annoyed if I was Kate and I’d missed out on that one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
One thing that needs to come out of this is that William and Charles seriously need to have a detailed plan as to what to do with Charlotte and Louis and their future families particularly when it relates to jobs/ responsibilities as well as security. I do believe much like Harry their children should be entitled to gov security but this should not be paid for by the taxpayer when the no of working royals is going to be a lot smaller. The RF need to start paying significantly more of their own money if there are going to continue to have more than one child of the monarch.

What Harry, Andrew and Joachim of Denmark demonstrate is that in the modern era, you can't be giving titles but expecting the second child / son to fade into the background behind their brother when they've been raised in the spotlight all their life. Everyone talks about how down to earth Ann is but I believe its because she was never the spare due to her gender/ primogeniture, so she always knew that she was unimportant and her children wouldn't have a title, Andrew on the other hand has always been stuck up. Whenever we saw Harry we saw William and I think unfortunately harry believed he was on the same level as his brother.

Charlotte is the spare and seems to be more outgoing camera ready than George. It wouldn't suprise me if they have the same issues with her that they do with Harry.

I bet Camilla pulled rank there :ROFLMAO:
Surely with Williams role at the FA it shouldve been him and Kate. Maybe Will was scared of Kate eyeing Ryan who still has a full head of hair. 2022 Ryan is just as hot as 2005 Ryan, same can't be said about William

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Meeting Ryan Reynolds would almost make it worth being a member of the royal family 🤣 I’d be very annoyed if I was Kate and I’d missed out on that one 🤣
She already has Tom Cruise, how greedy can you get? Oh and Daniel Craig!

Reactions: 3
I've watched the whole thing now and these are my thoughts (not that anybody asked!) but nobody irl wants to listen to me.

1) It didn't live up to any of its hype from either side. There were no bombshells or excitement but neither was there any real damage done to the monarchy. Harry and Meghan didn't say anything that is going to damage the monarchy in the eyes of the public but they did say a lot of things that will damage their relationship with family members especially William and Kate.

2)The pace is unbelievably slow - it's taking forever to tell their story. There was a lot of irrelevant filler and a lot of photos and archive footage with voiceovers. A lot of the screen time is devoted to Diana, history lessons about the empire etc.

3) The Queen would definitely have been very hurt if she were alive which goes against everything they've previously said about how much they care for her and how close they were to her. The Commonwealth is not Empire 2.0. The main difference being that countries can choose whether or not they want to be part of it. Not the case for the Empire. Also, didn't they hold onto their roles within the Commonwelath until they were removed from them?
However, they did have valid points about the Empire extracting wealth from other countries and leaving them in a worse condition than beforehand. Also, the way history is taught in the UK is from an imperial viewpoint. Case in point - Oliver Cromwell - considered a hero in Britain and one of the biggest c**ts to ever walk the earth in Ireland. Again though, what does any of this have to do with Harry and Meghan's story?

4) Race - I'm not sure what to say here. In my opinion the US is a lot more racist and racially segregated than Britain. Meghan seemed to be saying that she was never treated like a black woman before she came to the UK because people didn't know that she had black heritage. Then in the UK everyone made a big deal about her race and now everyone knows her background. I still think that part of the reason that her race was a big deal was because people saw it as a positive that a woman of colour was marrying into the RF. I definitely believe that she experienced racism but the public were overwhelmingly in favour of the marriage. I'm not sure how relevant the Stephen Lawrance case was to this documentary. It felt shoe horned in because they had footage of H&M at his memorial and therefore, Harry could show how anti-racist he is now. Thought it was great that he addressed the Nazi costume incident but he conveniently glossed over other times that he was racist. Mentioned George Floyd but apart from that, there was little mention of America's issues with race.

5) Meghan is gorgeous. Her face has really changed since 2016 though.

6) Why do they think their relationship is so much more special than everyone else's? This really gets on my nerves. Harry, in particular, was nauseating at times.

7) Nothing bad has happened to them in this story so far. Certainly nothing that would justify Megxit in the way they did it. They're throwing a lot of shade at William and Kate but it's not clear why. Presumably there's more to come. So what if Kate didn't want to hug her when they first met. I doubt Kate screamed get off me and pushed Meghan away. She probably just gave her an awkward pat on the back. It seems petty to bring this up now. There are plenty of pictures of William and Kate hugging people, even randomers they've just met. Harry's comment about being the only male in the family to marry with his heart was also really bitchy towards Kate. I wonder if they're going to explain more about why they have such an issue with her in the next 3 episodes.

8) They actually came across well in parts - Harry speaking about his childhood for example. It was nice to see them together and see them with the kids. Made they seem more like a real couple. On the whole though, I still think they're manipulating the truth and outright lying about some things. Everything is aimed at an American audience and they're trying too hard to paint themselves as innocent victims.

9) Sharing the proposal video and pictures was extremely crass. Keep it private. They wouldn't even share Archie's godparents at one stage and look at them now.

10) Theres very little new footage of them apart from sitdown interviews. Even when Meghan is getting dressed in the red dress, they don't show much of her at the event or out and about.

11) Harry is paranoid about paparazzi, the media and online trolls/comments. He is never going to be able to control this so he would do better to learn to let it slide and not look at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Who told M the bad press, the exaggerations, the lies and so on would get better? Why didn’t H step in right there? It took Kate YEARS of bad (not always undeserved) press. And with M arrived on the scene, initially the tabloids most definitely took M’s side in a competition they themselves invented. And M had the bad luck that she had a competition that the tabloids could pan her against. Which they did after the initial hype. If you come second you have it harder. I can’t believe H didn’t intervene and told her. He must have known? That was true his whole life. I would be SO angry with my partner, to throw me to the wolves like that.

Last edited:
I've watched the whole thing now and these are my thoughts (not that anybody asked!) but nobody irl wants to listen to me.

1) It didn't live up to any of its hype from either side. There were no bombshells or excitement but neither was there any real damage done to the monarchy. Harry and Meghan didn't say anything that is going to damage the monarchy in the eyes of the public but they did say a lot of things that will damage their relationship with family members especially William and Kate.

2)The pace is unbelievably slow - it's taking forever to tell their story. There was a lot of irrelevant filler and a lot of photos and archive footage with voiceovers. A lot of the screen time is devoted to Diana, history lessons about the empire etc.

3) The Queen would definitely have been very hurt if she were alive which goes against everything they've previously said about how much they care for her and how close they were to her. The Commonwealth is not Empire 2.0. The main difference being that countries can choose whether or not they want to be part of it. Not the case for the Empire. Also, didn't they hold onto their roles within the Commonwelath until they were removed from them?
However, they did have valid points about the Empire extracting wealth from other countries and leaving them in a worse condition than beforehand. Also, the way history is taught in the UK is from an imperial viewpoint. Case in point - Oliver Cromwell - considered a hero in Britain and one of the biggest c**ts to ever walk the earth in Ireland. Again though, what does any of this have to do with Harry and Meghan's story?

4) Race - I'm not sure what to say here. In my opinion the US is a lot more racist and racially segregated than Britain. Meghan seemed to be saying that she was never treated like a black woman before she came to the UK because people didn't know that she had black heritage. Then in the UK everyone made a big deal about her race and now everyone knows her background. I still think that part of the reason that her race was a big deal was because people saw it as a positive that a woman of colour was marrying into the RF. I definitely believe that she experienced racism but the public were overwhelmingly in favour of the marriage. I'm not sure how relevant the Stephen Lawrance case was to this documentary. It felt shoe horned in because they had footage of H&M at his memorial and therefore, Harry could show how anti-racist he is now. Thought it was great that he addressed the Nazi costume incident but he conveniently glossed over other times that he was racist. Mentioned George Floyd but apart from that, there was little mention of America's issues with race.

5) Meghan is gorgeous. Her face has really changed since 2016 though.

6) Why do they think their relationship is so much more special than everyone else's? This really gets on my nerves. Harry, in particular, was nauseating at times.

7) Nothing bad has happened to them in this story so far. Certainly nothing that would justify Megxit in the way they did it. They're throwing a lot of shade at William and Kate but it's not clear why. Presumably there's more to come. So what if Kate didn't want to hug her when they first met. I doubt Kate screamed get off me and pushed Meghan away. She probably just gave her an awkward pat on the back. It seems petty to bring this up now. There are plenty of pictures of William and Kate hugging people, even randomers they've just met. Harry's comment about being the only male in the family to marry with his heart was also really bitchy towards Kate. I wonder if they're going to explain more about why they have such an issue with her in the next 3 episodes.

8) They actually came across well in parts - Harry speaking about his childhood for example. It was nice to see them together and see them with the kids. Made they seem more like a real couple. On the whole though, I still think they're manipulating the truth and outright lying about some things. Everything is aimed at an American audience and they're trying too hard to paint themselves as innocent victims.

9) Sharing the proposal video and pictures was extremely crass. Keep it private. They wouldn't even share Archie's godparents at one stage and look at them now.

10) Theres very little new footage of them apart from sitdown interviews. Even when Meghan is getting dressed in the red dress, they don't show much of her at the event or out and about.

11) Harry is paranoid about paparazzi, the media and online trolls/comments. He is never going to be able to control this so he would do better to learn to let it slide and not look at it.
That's an excellent summary, well done !

Reactions: 7
I was just doing the usual watching TV but scrolling Tattle at the same time and was deeply engrossed in Tattle when the TV cut to a royal announcement interrupting the programme to give the latest update on the health of the Queen - my heart stopped for a minute and I thought not again!!!!
Then I suddenly realised I was watching a recorded programme - phew!!🙄

I thought he proposed when she was cooking a chicken? What happened to that story? Now it was a picnic?

She definitely said he proposed to her whilst they were roasting a chicken in cottage.

"It happened a few weeks ago, earlier this month, here at our cottage — just a standard typical night for us,” Harry said. Meghan then added: “Just a cozy night, we were roasting a chicken. It was so sweet and natural and very romantic. He got on one knee.”

Last edited:
  • Heart
She definitely said he proposed to her whilst they were roasting a chicken in the cottage
I think they were. On the Netflix show they said she was greasing a chicken while he opened some champagne. He then disappeared to set up in the garden while she called her friend Jess to say she thought it was happening. Roast chicken takes a while in the oven so plenty of time for both!

A picnic has never been mentioned as far as I know!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.