The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a lovely photograph of them.
There's a picture in the article with Princess Anne that's lovely too.

I can't wait for the Harry and Meghan saga to be over. It's doing my head in. I genuinely hope after this they find some peace and happiness.

Reactions: 10
In the new trailer Harry says ‘they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us’ and this seems to be a recurrent theme but I’m confused as to what truth they were struggling to be made heard? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuinely very confused. Isn’t s

Reactions: 9
In the new trailer Harry says ‘they were never willing to tell the truth to protect us’ and this seems to be a recurrent theme but I’m confused as to what truth they were struggling to be made heard? I’m not being sarcastic, I’m genuinely very confused. Isn’t s
That's what they do. They make these explosive statements but don't ever clarify them.

Reactions: 6
The piece was about whether the engagement photos weren't all a bit too 'Hollywood'. The author had a 'niggling worry' about them. Not a major worry, not a rage, not a fury, not an irritation, not a dread, not a hate but a slight concern that she couldn't quite bat away. Niggling.
If her worry is so minor why write an article for the front page of a tabloid baiting people. This was written by a clever woman who knew exactly what she was doing.

Reactions: 10
If they have something to say stop beating about the bush and come out with it FFS! and is she talking about the press when she says she was fed to the wolves? get a grip woman!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I really can't believe Harry recorded himself referring to them taking a "freedom flight." Yes, he smirks as he says it, but he still recorded it and shared it with the documentary producers.

Reactions: 7
I really can't believe Harry recorded himself referring to them taking a "freedom flight." Yes, he smirks as he says it, but he still recorded it and shared it with the documentary producers.
He's acting like he's fleeing the Ukraine or something. It's horribly tone deaf.

Reactions: 23
Here's my opinion that no one asked for:
Meg and Harry's love story is no greater than mine or my husbands. Just two people that fell in love. Beautiful but shush now.

Lots of shade at William. I think William is the "one" that made the comments about archie. Just my opinion I have no source but William strikes me as dense enough to say something like that and explains the fallout and the shade.

British media was definitely racist. No two ways about it. It is not okay! One headline I hadn't seen before "something is niggling us about this engagement" Jesus christ. Play on the n word??? No one uses the word "niggling" now. It was bleeping awful.

The history about the British empire was interesting and I really like those 3 they had speaking about it. I always enjoy Afua Hirsch when I've seen her speak on issues before.

Harry seems to have done a lot of work on himself which is great to see. He is very reflective and thoughtful.

No damage has been done to the royal family.
Loads of people in these place use the word niggle.
It is common place, close to onomatopoeia & a fine example of the playful quality of the English language.

• Angry
Reactions: 3
is it going to be again some kind of allusions but no concrete facts with names and details? Harry and Meghan can't go on going around throwing accusations without receipts. If they do, they are no better than tabloids.

Reactions: 5
is it going to be again some kind of allusions but no concrete facts with names and details? Harry and Meghan can't go on going around throwing accusations without receipts. If they do, they are no better than tabloids.
They think they are better because this is “their truth and story”, the tabloids are writing about them and we should hear everything from them. What they don’t account for is that other people are included in their story who have their own version of events who don’t have a means to respond. When even the BBC have got involved and are saying you’re lying about that part of the story it makes the rest of your truth look more like a big lie.

You’d think they were escaping from Guantanamo Bay the way these two are talking!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Also, didn't they say first they wanted to keep on working for the RF but from abroad or something like that? If the RF and the british press were unbearable why would have they chosen that path? It's only when the RF refused them to have private endeavours and being senior royals that they left for good. Why would have they kept on working for an institution they find racist and abusive?

Reactions: 9
Exactly, what lies did they tell to help William? Without some actual examples, dare I say evidence, it not very believable

Reactions: 4
Loads of people in these place use the word niggle.
It is common place, close to onomatopoeia & a fine example of the playful quality of the English language.
We've been over this. Endlessly.

Reactions: 3
Surely Netflix wouldn’t touch William’s alleged infidelity with a barge pole??

Reactions: 6
Surely Netflix wouldn’t touch William’s alleged infidelity with a barge pole??
It‘s a trailer … it’s doing exactly what trailers do. Get people talking and watching.
it’ll most likely be summut and nowt when it comes down to it, people will feel cheated and Netflix will be as happy as Larry because people have been talking and writing about it all week.

Reactions: 13
I’ve watched the first 2 episodes and agree that a lot of what has been sensationalised is a lot less explosive when you see it in context.

It’s the inconsistencies that bug me the most. I mean: WHY? Are they lying now, or were they lying before? Not even to the press they revile so much but in the Oprah interview that was seen as a ‘safe space’ (🙄) for them to ‘tell their bleeping Truth’ (🙄🙄).

It’s as if they’re setting out deliberately to be unreliable narrators and really just trolling everyone and laughing all the way to the bank.

I’d be interested to hear their supporters’ take on / defence of this. It won’t be that easy to explain away.

I realise of course they don’t owe me or anyone else their life story, but no-one asked for it and if they’re going to keep pushing it as Telling Their Truth TM, why make it so obviously UNtruthful?

Even the phrase 'our truth' bugs me. Truth is an absolute. There's THE truth and that's it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Also, didn't they say first they wanted to keep on working for the RF but from abroad or something like that? If the RF and the british press were unbearable why would have they chosen that path? It's only when the RF refused them to have private endeavours and being senior royals that they left for good. Why would have they kept on working for an institution they find racist and abusive?
Probably because they respected TQ so much that they still wanted to support her and also because Harry wanted to make sure that she was "supported" and had "the right people around her" (please note my sarcasm)

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.