The Royal Family #30

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is deranged sorry,the prime example of people reaching... queen had cancer, both her and Phillip were nonagenarians.

Dying of broken hearts - how twee. Yes they were very close and they had deep affection for each other, they had their own version of love but it’s ridiculous to pretend it was this beautiful romance when Philip (and possibly the Queen) had affairs and they only started living together because the pandemic forced them together.
The Queen had cancer, which was conveniently covered up on her death certificate, and Philip was in and out of ill health for many years.
This ‘expert’ is ridiculous.

Reactions: 14
One thing I do find interesting. It seems pretty clear that Meghan has ditched her friend Jessica Mulroney. The woman she called when Harry was about to propose, whose daughter she is godmother to, whose kids were pageboys and bridesmaids. It was over the race row between Jessica and an influencer. Yet, when you read what was actually said it's a pretty big leap to class anything JM said as racist.

Reactions: 7
N Fulani had to temporarily shut her charity because of trolls. This is not right, but she could have foreseen this.
I think the charity might be in quite a lot of legal trouble shortly - someone's done a deep dive into its finances.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
One thing I do find interesting. It seems pretty clear that Meghan has ditched her friend Jessica Mulroney. The woman she called when Harry was about to propose, whose daughter she is godmother to, whose kids were pageboys and bridesmaids. It was over the race row between Jessica and an influencer. Yet, when you read what was actually said it's a pretty big leap to class anything JM said as racist.
I think she clearly has compartments she can put people in and just forget about them. Just like her dad. It was startling that Harry said she’d still have a dad if it wasn’t for him.

She still has one, what he meant was she has no relationship with her dad. But that paints her in a bad light as it implies fault on both sides so better to just pretend he’s fallen off the face of the earth of his own accord.

Reactions: 10
Let's hope the Markle family are offered the opportunity to talk about Meghan in their own words too. It's only fair. It would be interesting to know when racism started to become a huge issue for her.
Pretty sure we’ve heard quite enough from Samantha and Thomas’s many interviews over the last few years. Let’s not go pretending they haven’t had a voice in the press.

Reactions: 21
What I would really like to know - are they P/P now or not???? We haven’t gotten any answer to this. Was it automatically or had it to be signed off (they’re quite reasonable interpretation that the titles don’t come automatically)? Or are they not because KCIII signed something changing the rules or, if you follow the not-automatic interpretation-because he didn’t sign off on them.

Reactions: 1
I believe Meghan re Samantha. The fact that a few family snaps exist does not mean they were close or had a bond.

I believe Meghan re Samantha. The fact that a few family snaps exist does not mean they were close or had a bond.
Me too, they often show that graduation photos but if they had any sort of relationship there would be more photos around that time or the couple of years before that Samantha/Thomas would show to prove their point. Meghan had more photos with Ashleigh!

@Boring Monday and @Baby Giraffe you articulated my point way better than me 😊
no one is asking you stop using words don't be so dramatic. I don't know why people get so defensive when others point something out. Just be like oh okay, I didn't see it like that but now you've said it... you didn't write the article did you, so no need to be taking it so personal
Lot of people here being purposefully obtuse 🙄

Yes, some people can overplay the racism card but that doesn’t negate the existence of it. Getting all offended because people point out subtle and not so subtle examples of racism as they would be perceived by, you know, someone who would typically be the victim of racism is not the flex a lot of people here seem to think it is. In fact, it makes you look like a rigid, intellectually stunted, and, frankly, racist tw*t.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m not aware of the thug issue and agree niggle is a word used perfectly reasonably in common usage. However, the way in which it was used in that headline definitely looks somewhat suspect and alluding to a different and unacceptable word. I genuinely can’t see any other reason for using it in this context unfortunately and would ask what else anybody thinks they were referring to.
Completely and utterly agree...im no meghan fan but the use of this word in such a context had only one undeniable motive

Reactions: 12
Completely and utterly agree...im no meghan fan but the use of this word in such a context had only one undeniable motive
For the life of me I can't see that. It sounds the same but it means something completely different. It's also a pretty unique word in that there's not really anything else in the English language that conveys the same meaning.

Reactions: 2
For the life of me I can't see that. It sounds the same but it means something completely different. It's also a pretty unique word in that there's not really anything else in the English language that conveys the same meaning.
Racist dogwhistling is done like this on purpose - they count on the general public (who aren’t victims of racism) not picking it up.

Reactions: 15
Racist dogwhistling is done like this on purpose - they count on the general public (who aren’t victims of racism) not picking it up.
I was vehemently opposed to this being characterised as racist but after today's discussion I've come around to the other way of thinking. I think it comes down to the author's intent really but when published in the DM after they already used almost straight outta Compton and exotic DNA then I can see how a person of colour could read it as a reference to the n word.

Reactions: 12
you have to wonder why she ditches all of her family, friends and spouse's family. Are they the problem or is she?

Reactions: 3
And the validly raised point in the docuseries that almost no people of colour are employed by the tabloid press

Reactions: 10
you have to wonder why she ditches all of her family, friends and spouse's family. Are they the problem or is she?
I always think this about Megan. I’m suspicious of anyone who has fallen out with everyone around them. Yes families and friends can be difficult, and I understand cutting people out can be what you need to do for self-preservation. But pretty much everyone? On both sides of the family? That’s a red flag to me!

Reactions: 6

She literally hasn't though. Off the top of my head, she is still friends with people she met in high school, NWU, the Suits cast, her niece, Eugenie and Jack, Harry's friends (Nacho and his wife for eg) and those are just some examples of 'family, friends and spouse's family'

Reactions: 14
To me using the phrase niggling is no different to me saying "chink in the armour" about an East Asian person. The phrase by itself is not racist nor does it have racist origin but when you think of the context of which it was used it is inappropriate, rude, racist. This phrase would never have been used by the likes of the Telegraph / Times despite being right leaning papers like the Mail as they would know that their readers would understand the hidden meaning of the words. The daily mail readers are either too stupid to see the hidden meaning or knew the meaning and just didn't care as they believe the diatribe the Mail give them about meghan.

If you believe no one in the DM press room who read the article before going to press knew about the second meaning (journalists who have studied at oxbridge and attended elite public schools studying the english language and the eytomology of words from Latin, french etc), you are either naive, disingenuous or both.

There are so many things the press could say about meghan without the passive aggressive references about her heritage. By doing this, it negates any genuine critiques they have made about her.

Reactions: 19
And the validly raised point in the docuseries that almost no people of colour are employed by the tabloid press
Isn't that the same for their charity and the majority of their friends? Even the wedding guests who were POC were majority if not all Meghan’s guests. It’s a bit iffy for Harry to place himself as a voice in this area and to speak about these problems when he’s made multiple racist remarks in the past and for it to seem the first relationship he’s had with a POC was his wife. He can blame the RF bubble for that but that’s him as an adult placing himself in exclusively white environments.

Reactions: 9
Let's hope the Markle family are offered the opportunity to talk about Meghan in their own words too. It's only fair. It would be interesting to know when racism started to become a huge issue for her.
Hahahaha.

Thomas has already had a couple of pages revealing text messages in the Mail today. I'm sure Gammon News will have him or the sister on sometime soon. Let's not pretend he hasn't got a voice

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.