Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Keet

Chatty Member
I met him during the Queens Diamond Jubilee tour in 2012. She was doing a walkabout so we went to try and meet her. I took some flowers and got there early, right by the barrier.
They arrived, but The Queen walked down the opposite side to us. Then all of a sudden I looked up and Prince Phillip was standing infront of me!
He told me to jump over the barrier to give my flowers to her 😂 I'm like, errrrm I can't 🤣
So he then looks over to where The Queen was and asked me if I would like him to take them to her. I obviously said yes please! 😁 He said, "who shall I say they're from?" So I told him my name. Then just as he was walking off, he said with a big smile on his face "Can I say they're from me?" 🤣
He walked over to where the Queen was, spoke to her, passed her the flowers and pointed over to where we were standing and she smiled and waved to us! 😁😁
what a fab story 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Cáca_Milis

VIP Member
I ❤ Price Phillip. Some of his ‘offensive’ comments are hilarious:

Always loved him.. His gaffes were hilarious. I'm Irish have have no reason to love TQ and PP.... but I do. Love Charles also. I just find them fascinating. Love to see him make his 100th. I'd alwayd loved to have met him.... although God knows what he make of a 6ft Irish woman .... Probably say I was Queen of The Leprechauns 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
I like Edward, but prefer Kate and William more - seems more in tune with my generation. But have read good things about Princess Anne. Very much down to earth and a solid worker compared to some of the younger generation wasters.
I was watching a documentary about royals in the military a year or so ago and someone who had had dealings with Anne said that she would have been a superb naval officer had she been allowed to join up.

The only actual time I've been near her, she visited my then place of employment to dedicate a memorial. She was late from her previous engagement and the local cops who had dealt with her before said that this was normal as she insisted on speaking to everyone. After the ceremony was over, she refused to go and sit with the VIPs for tea but spoke to everyone in the bereaved families, seriously, practically and empathetically without drama.

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
As soon as he repays us for the £40million wedding he can go to hell dragging twatface with him. (y) Till then they can suck up the negativity around them.
They took that circus knowing they had plans afoot re trademarking and fucking off with as much loot as they could. Greedy money grabbing cunts.

He had to repeat a year at school and still left Eton with just a D in geography. The B in Art doesn't count since it was his Art teachers work, but needed to shoehorn him into Sandhurst.
For most right thinking experience educationalists that spells "Slow" (bit of an old fashioned term, but fits)at the very least.

He was only ever a co pilot. Never managed to pass the full pilot exams.
Blimey he has really got to you are not a spurned ex of his are you? (Joking)🙂

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
I often wonder whether the Queen was been told the full extent of accustations against Andrew or whether she has been shielded from certain aspects of it.
She's bound to know, possibly even more than most of us. How could she be head of state and not know? And I believe the family know how awfully this reflects on all of them, which is probably why he's been hidden away. I remember the Andrew stuff breaking and hearing he couldn't be arrested in the monarch's presence. I don't know how true that is.
Bottom line Andrew should be answering questions in America.

• Heart

FrostyChops

VIP Member
I think Eugenie is one of the more attractive royals. Kate is quite stern looking these days.

Apparently Charles is being allowed to visit - isn't that a bad sign? It's only allowed where I live for patients who are terminally ill.
But they Royalz

Gembo

VIP Member
I keep thinking if they knew he was in his last days and nothing could be done would they not send him home with the best care instead of keep him in hospital?

BigMavis

VIP Member
Why did she know barely any guests at her wedding. At Wimbledon she had a whole section closed off for her, and a few mates. That's when I started to shut down with her.
That was weird, honestly I'm not sure if she has friends. I didn't warm to her from the engagement interview and its just been one scandal after another. The wedding was mortifying, I cringed for her.

Reactions: 21

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
I do think it is crass that the journos set themselves up outside the hospital in hope of catching a glimpse of the old man. Can they not just leave it alone and allow some privacy at this moment.

• Heart

I'm not a robot

My Nana said that when she got to end of life she’d rather be in a hospice/hospital rather than at home so that everyone left didn’t have to a) deal with the aftermath and b) associate “home” with that last bit. Of course it’s a bit different for TQ with all the aides around but there might still be something in that.
Or he could be absolutely fine and Charlie was just dropping off a few magazines and a sudoku book earlier 🤷🏻‍♀️
As with your Nana, a lot of people prefer to be in a hospice/hospital, it seems to take away the fear, and allows someone else to be responsible for their care.

Renegadedancer

VIP Member
Anyone who hates Prince Harry should watch his video with James Corden
I saw some pics of the open bus interview and read some of the story , I won’t watch. He’s happy to be in the limelight, have a staged FaceTime call with Meghan and be interviewed by his puppet mate James Corden and chat about his life but if anyone dares question an ounce of what they do he doesn’t like it. Sure, he looks happier and that’s great, I don’t begrudge anyone happiness, but just be happy without having to do an interview to tell us how happy you are. Just go and do it. I think he got more freedom than he bargained for.

• Heart

Raininvain

VIP Member
Fed up of hearing about him and MM, I honestly think very few people are bothered about what they are doing.

• Heart

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Yes of course. I said British as I live here and it's what I see and seems to be where they have a particular problem, but yeah you're totally right it isn't just here that is bad for it.

I don't know how they do it. Hounding people at funerals is particularly awful. This isn't just about the RF - just watched White House Farm and can't imagine being at a family funeral and the press harrassing me.

Gareth Thomas was on Graham Norton the other night and saying about how the press disclosed the fact he was HIV and were hounding his parents asking them what it was like to have a son who was going to die. They are just ordinary people going about their lives and some vile media type thought this was the way to go.

I don't know how they do it either and be able to sleep at night.

• Sad

koalabear53

Chatty Member
TBH honest anyone who is months away from 100 could be described as near end of life!!! How many pple live to 100!!! Most that age or anywhere in late 90s is very close to their natural death .🤷

Last edited:

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
As someone’s who’s been able to say goodbyes it’s so special to be able to have that.
When my Nana died at 94 I went to see her in hospital once last time when she was really unwell in ICU and off her face on morphine, and it’s still the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. She would have hated us seeing her like that.

• Heart
  • Sad

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Yes they can. There’s a lot we don’t get to hear, we didn’t get told that William had Covid till much later. However where Philip is concerned they have always been very transparent.
Like his skin 🌚
If he is now very poorly or passes away I am fully aware I’ve just jumped the queue to hell.

• Haha