Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ding

VIP Member
Always loved him.. His gaffes were hilarious. I'm Irish have have no reason to love TQ and PP.... but I do. Love Charles also. I just find them fascinating. Love to see him make his 100th. I'd alwayd loved to have met him.... although God knows what he make of a 6ft Irish woman .... Probably say I was Queen of The Leprechauns 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
I met him during the Queens Diamond Jubilee tour in 2012. She was doing a walkabout so we went to try and meet her. I took some flowers and got there early, right by the barrier.
They arrived, but The Queen walked down the opposite side to us. Then all of a sudden I looked up and Prince Phillip was standing infront of me!
He told me to jump over the barrier to give my flowers to her 😂 I'm like, errrrm I can't 🤣
So he then looks over to where The Queen was and asked me if I would like him to take them to her. I obviously said yes please! 😁 He said, "who shall I say they're from?" So I told him my name. Then just as he was walking off, he said with a big smile on his face "Can I say they're from me?" 🤣
He walked over to where the Queen was, spoke to her, passed her the flowers and pointed over to where we were standing and she smiled and waved to us! 😁😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 101

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
I have a lot of respect for people who do your job, must be so tough x
Thankyou! Yes it’s sad at times, you develop a bond with each and every service user, however it’s also really lovely, I get to help in giving someone a “good death” and I wouldn’t trade it for the world ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 64

ngh

Does he fuck 😂. I can see that twitter are going to be like Harry and Megan have murdered Phillip.
I can 100% see The Scum having this as their headline.

I know I’m massively in the minority here but I do not understand the press and public’s obsession with Harry and Meghan leaving the royal family. I think it’s great, go off and earn your own money instead of being funded by the taxpayer and being wheeled out like show ponies for the rest of their lives. Just let them leave if they want to.

I think the much bigger scandal is the fact Andrew was literally pals with paedophiles and sex traffickers and has definitely been involved in some shady shit. Why on earth does this not get as much attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Sorbettolimone

That’s genuinely made me really sad for him.
I lost my Dad, only last month... end of life care diagnosis and he was gone within a matter of hours. I can feel the pain PC is going through and see it in his eyes. Doesnt matter who you are, how old you are and when it happens.. the loss of a parent is immense and my heart is heavy for him.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56

Sea

VIP Member
,So were Beatrice and Eugenie, touch of racism perhaps?
You're kidding right?!
He was funny as a passionate character who droned on and didn't realise when to stop. If a white archbishop from somewhere had delivered like that, it would have been the same reaction - nothing to do with race - aargh!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 55

BigMavis

VIP Member
I met the Queen and The Duke in Omagh in 2002, we were given a list of things not to do too. We were told not to shake hands, I think the reason was her hands got sore from all the shaking 😂 anyway she proceeded to shake all of our hands.
I had a very strange feeling possibly even an impulse to do something like scream or head butt her or something, it was fleeting, I didn't act upon it but for a miniscule of a second I thought about it
I don't want to be in that position again. Let me explain it wasn't any hate for the royals that did that to me it was just a moment of sheer madness.
I'm so sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
You’re right in a sense that anyone that marries into the royal family goes through a lot of scrutiny. However no one has had as harsh a scrutiny and has been treated as horrifically by the press and public as Meghan. I do wonder what the difference in scrutiny would have been if Harry had married a white english socialite.
I think Camilla would argue her case strongly.

Reactions: 47

Rayne

VIP Member
I can’t help but feel sad at that pic of Charles, if Prince Phillip is at end of life imagine going for a last visit and having your picture taken this way and having it put all over the internet to be scrutinised. It’s easy to forget the royals are real people sometimes and things like this just feel like a massive invasion of privacy at the hardest times in life

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Platypusfattypus

VIP Member
Drives me mad when Harry is painted out to be this individual who has to be told what he is to do, and that meghan has single handedly turned him against his family. Ffs he's a grown man, he's responsible for his own decisions. The misogyny stinks.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

I'm not a robot

I can 100% see The Scum having this as their headline.

I know I’m massively in the minority here but I do not understand the press and public’s obsession with Harry and Meghan leaving the royal family. I think it’s great, go off and earn your own money instead of being funded by the taxpayer and being wheeled out like show ponies for the rest of their lives. Just let them leave if they want to.

I think the much bigger scandal is the fact Andrew was literally pals with paedophiles and sex traffickers and has definitely been involved in some shady shit. Why on earth does this not get as much attention.

I don't think anyone minds them leaving to go and live their life in privacy. In fact, I think most of us are glad they wish to do so. I think the objection is to the way in which they've done it.
They are merching the RF name in order to live 'independently', as a D-list actress and a former soldier, they would not have got their multi-million deals with Netflix, Spotify and Oprah without their Royal titles, and are hanging onto these for dear life. They also wanted to still be funded by the RF (as part-time working royals) to increase exposure, and to keep the 'Royal' part of their appeal in the spotlight.
In addition, they are very preachy, advising us to cut our carbon footprint, whilst boarding private jets etc etc....hypocritical in the extreme. Add to this that they don't really appear to want actual privacy, but to control the press and only have positive articles appearing in the media.
This is just a few of the reasons why people have had enough of them, the list goes on and on.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

MrsPiggleWiggle

Chatty Member
Just read that PP was so incensed when he found out the two Princes had to walk behind Diana's coffin that he chose to walk with them.

I've always liked him but have a lot more respect for him now.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
At the jubilee in 2012, when he had to stand on that boat for ages, I like to imagine PP thought ‘fuck this’ and pulled a sickie for the rest of that week.

Similarly now I like to picture him sitting on the bed, with staff advising Charlie that he can go home now and maybe he could talk to him, but PP is going ‘not yet, wait til after Oprah. Keep them worried’

• Haha
Reactions: 38

Ekkwhine

VIP Member
“Good Spirits” = “Whacked off his head on morphine and hasn’t a clue where he is”
I’m a palliative nurse. Sadly that’s generally what we mean 🙁. If you’re not in pain and have communicated in some way positively or aren’t sobbing then you’re “in good spirits when checked, fluids offered, repositioned, TLC given”

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Emsie

VIP Member
I think the Daily Mail made that one loaded comment regarding Doria straight outta Compton but that's the only one I'm aware of. The news media embraced Meghan as did the public, so not sure why it's falsely repeated that she was racially attacked by all and sundry. If people dislike her it's not cos she's mixed race it's because of her persona.
Racism isn't that obvious. Racism is running a positive story on a white person and then the exact same story on a poc with a negative spin. We've seen it with footballers and we saw it with Megan. Just because the media didnt outright call her the n word doesn't mean it wasn't racist. Talk to any poc and they will show you real life examples of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 37

Scandalous_Purpose

In the same way that Diana, Fergie and other young women in the media spotlight such as Britney, Lindsay Lohan, Jennifer Aniston etc etc, do you think we’ll look back in 10 years at the treatment of Meghan in the media and be shocked at how it was allowed to continue? I think we will personally. I agree that they’ve made some decisions that are hypocritical and whoever’s behind the PR team have made some bad decisions but the media is relentless.

They want privacy, that doesn’t mean they want to be censored. It’s like saying that you want to talk about stuff without someone going through your diary.

I think Meghan is unfairly ripped apart, I also think a lot of it is to do with race, not all but some use her actions as a justification to be quite racist. And I think by blaming her for everything then overshadows the stuff that she should be held accountable for like the private jets etc.

Just my opinion though! I have nothing against her tbh

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36

BigMavis

VIP Member
I don't believe that bollocks about the mistress, the Queen will be informed first, then the prime minister. Mistresses don't count, not at any time.

Wackie Jeaver

VIP Member
I'm actually totally ok with human euthanasia, having watched my mother die in agony. You'd be prosecuted if you allowed an animal to suffer, yet its ok for people? it's really, really not.
That doesnt mean I'm wanting Phil to pop his clogs, it means I hope to god he is comfortable and if this is it then heroic medical intervention is not involved.

• Heart

Keet

Chatty Member
I’m a palliative nurse. Sadly that’s generally what we mean 🙁. If you’re not in pain and have communicated in some way positively or aren’t sobbing then you’re “in good spirits when checked, fluids offered, repositioned, TLC given”
I have a lot of respect for people who do your job, must be so tough x

• Heart