Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
Noticed Nigel Farage has put this tweet out, not sure if its connected to Prince Philip.

Was reading an article think it was the Daily Fail, so likely to be a pack of lies about what happens when Prince Philip dies. Apparently his mistress who he spends most of his time with gets informed 1st followed by the Queen 😱 As i say could be b***ocks from Daily Mail
That feels a bit crass if it's Philip dying.

grace28

Chatty Member
Prince Philip had stated pre covid that he didn’t want a state funeral. Do they get a choice?
He wants a military funeral, which is still fairly big but no where near as ceremonial. Though I’m sure I did read he’ll be lying in state, can’t see that happening with covid.

The problem is going to be the numbers of people and crowds gathering. Plus imagine the strain on the transport network with people all heading to central London to lay flowers.

thegreencow

VIP Member
Poor Philip, it's not looking good. Alarm bells rang when I saw Eugenie named her son after him.

Is it normal for them to imply a royal will recover and be discharged, even if they're on end of life care?

FrostyChops

VIP Member
Because it's their life and they can do what they want. If William wanted to he could do the same as well!

She's the queen, she could walk in through the front door and it wouldn't really matter.
I was posting in the context of PP being angry at them, l couldn't care less what they do.

Thegreenbush96

VIP Member
The Times -

'The Duke of Cambridge offered reassurance this morning that his grandfather was not in danger during his stay in hospital and that doctors were simply “keeping an eye on him”.

The duke, speaking to a photographer during a visit to a vaccination centre in King’s Lynn in Norfolk, may even have winked as a sign of light-heartedness, although an aide said that he was merely adjusting his facemask.

In any case, he was upbeat about the Duke of Edinburgh, 99, who has been at King Edward VII’s Hospital in London since he was admitted last Tuesday evening.

“Yes, he’s OK,” William told Arthur Edwards, the veteran royal photographer. “They’re keeping an eye on him.”

Buckingham Palace gave no update on his condition. No visits are expected to follow the one on Saturday by the Prince of Wales.'

AnderbeauAnderbeau

Chatty Member
They keep saying that. Almost like they are reading from a script. They are unlikely to say he’s in low spirits and at deaths door.

They keep saying that. Almost like they are reading from a script. They are unlikely to say he’s in low spirits and at deaths door.
Good point

Emsie

VIP Member
Ah thanks... I love this thread for finding out things!! I wonder if PP will have a big funeral if he does die, I know he doesn't want one and we're in lockdown. Could your actual wishes be overruled? Is it someone else decides and you get no input?

L3moning

VIP Member
He had heart troubles Christmas 2011 or 10? and was in Papworth Hospital

Not really sure if this is a complete new dimension
I'm guessing that the assumption at the time was that it was a one off event that he was treated for, not that it was / led to something needing longer term management.