The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aren't the Royal Family well known for having a small spending limit on Christmas gifts for each other and the limit is set very low so they just get "joke" presents?
So they say, one of them bought the queen a shower cap that said, ain't life a witch, Anne bought Charles a leather toilet seat and he takes it with him when he travels.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
That wouldn’t be classed as compassionate grounds for visitation under the pandemic. So either the Daily Mail has it wrong or the Royals have got special treatment. Both scenarios are believable.
Despite what their website says I bet a lot of private hospitals allow special visits not just for royals.

Reactions: 7
To be fair I've bought "dull" gifts for very young relatives because the parents have asked for that for use for the child eg a duvet cover or book case.
The child still receives fun/toys/books gifts from other gifters and at that age the child hasn't don't make their own wish lists - parents know what they need/interested in.
To add to this: I think it's also good to teach kids to be grateful for useful "boring" gifts and see the use of them instead of spoiling them with just toys, which get discarded eventually and there's only so much space for toys, even when you live in a mega mansion.

Reactions: 1
I don’t believe The Queen will ever abdicate. She pledged an oath to serve for her whole life and I don’t she is likely to go back on that oath whilst she is still mentally able to serve.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I don’t believe The Queen will ever abdicate. She pledged an oath to serve for her whole life and I don’t she is likely to go back on that oath whilst she is still mentally able to serve.
Absolutely agree. Especially with the country in such an unstable state. She has shared some of her duties past few years with senior members of the RF but she took an oath so will never officially abdicate.

Reactions: 8
Just can’t imagine the queen would even consider abdicating. She’s devoted her life to public service and she’ll continue until she dies. Especially with how Edwards abdication affected her father. I think there’s going to be big change when she does die probably driven by William and also public attitudes shifting without her at the head.

Reactions: 17
Charles won't step aside for William either, essentially for the same reason the Queen won't abdicate. I think he will feel like he owes it to her to actually reign.

Reactions: 13
The Queen will never abdicate, from the moment she became queen she put duty first and she will be queen until the day she dies.

She is the last queen for the forseeable so she will see it out.

The fact that the queen is the last until who knows when makes me rather sad , though I do think William will be a great king.

Charles will reign but a very short reign I reckon, by the time William becomes king he could be around 50 I reckon.
I wonder what is going on though still no news on Prince Philip, no news is good news.

Anyone else still waiting for news on Philip ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The Queen will never abdicate, from the moment she became queen she put duty first and she will be queen until the day she dies.

She is the last queen for the forseeable so she will see it out.

The fact that the queen is the last until who knows when makes me rather sad , though I do think William will be a great king.

Charles will reign but a very short reign I reckon, by the time William becomes king he could be around 50 I reckon.
I wonder what is going on though still no news on Prince Philip, no news is good news.

Anyone else still waiting for news on Philip ?
I think he'll be a woke nightmare personally. Together with his pomposity, he doesn't appeal at all.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Have you seen the clips from the interview? I wish they wouldn't have done this.
Oprah "You said some pretty shocking stuff."
Harry "I cannot imagine her going through it alone"
Meghan's dramatic face.

This is a car crash and won't help anyone and whatever they will be saying: the audience does not need to know this.

But maybe they need the interview to pay for the garden, the garden looks lush. Like a park

Reactions: 19
I know, maybe lockdown makes people obsess over stuff that doesn't concern them.
Well its a televised interview not a private conversation, it should be a private conversation though.
I saw a clip this morning so it must be coming out soon.

Reactions: 4
I’m sympathetic to them and wish they hadn’t done this.
It’s just more fodder for the rabid lot. Anyway, 7th March, hold on to your hats.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.