The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fed up of hearing about him and MM, I honestly think very few people are bothered about what they are doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
As long as people keep on giving attention to Harry and Meghan, they will be relevant.
IT IS possible to live life without reading a single article about them and aknowledging their existence.

Reactions: 3
As long as people keep on giving attention to Harry and Meghan, they will be relevant.
IT IS possible to live life without reading a single article about them and aknowledging their existence.
Which is what I try to do

Well quite. That's what I dont get about the people ranting and raving, and the way they feed the press with their constant comments. If Meghan and Harry didnt occupy so much space in their heads, they would be able to ignore their ' publicity' and stop posting everywhere, driving traffic to websites who feed off stories about them. The press could also decide they dont want to publicise them if they are so offended by it. They wont. There will be endless articles about the Oprah interview and maybe one article on the Commonwealth service. If they are so sure the Royals are interesting and relevant enough by themselves, there should be enough interest to sustain them without their Meghan and Harry obsession.

Reactions: 7
Don’t you think asking for a waffle maker for you toddler is odd?

why not some toddler kitchen toys or kitchen items that are designed so toddlers can get involved?

Reactions: 15

why not some toddler kitchen toys or kitchen items that are designed so toddlers can get involved?
To be fair I've bought "dull" gifts for very young relatives because the parents have asked for that for use for the child eg a duvet cover or book case.
The child still receives fun/toys/books gifts from other gifters and at that age the child hasn't don't make their own wish lists - parents know what they need/interested in.

Reactions: 3
I like reading the comments under the articles about Philip on the DM. Yesterday there was one that said something like ‘if he was your elderly father/grandfather he’d be on a morphine care pathway’. So true. In fact, it makes me wonder if that’s what’s really going on here. No one can live forever can they?

Reactions: 6
Come on, the article about the Americans not recognising Harry was funny, even if you only read the headlines. Although I say I'm uninterested in Harry I want to see how this plays out.

Reactions: 6
I’m sick of hearing about Harry and Meghan. They don’t want to live a private life, they just want to control all media about them. I’m making a point of turning the tv over if there is any mention of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I like reading the comments under the articles about Philip on the DM. Yesterday there was one that said something like ‘if he was your elderly father/grandfather he’d be on a morphine care pathway’. So true. In fact, it makes me wonder if that’s what’s really going on here. No one can live forever can they?
My grandfather in law is 98 and always going into hospital for infections (usually utis but occasionally chest) and he always gets full treatment. But he still lives an active life and isn't ready to stop yet 😆

In terms of functional gifts for small children I always asked for those. There are only so many toys that can be played with (plus I'm a complete toy snob 😆) so I always preferred random gifts. Though my daughters favourite gift ever was a calculator. At that age they can help make their food too.

Reactions: 5

Maybe TQ asked "What do you want for the kid?" and MM thought TQ referred to JCMH and said "He likes to waffle, so maybe a waffle maker" and judging by the interview JCMH is quite happy with it, he waffles away with yoghurt on top, maybe some berries or a little sirup...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I did when William and Kate came to Cambridge. The route they took in their car was going right past my work which was on the high street so obviously there were loads of barriers up. By about 9.15am people were gathering so our boss said anyone who wants to see them drive past can go now and wait. Think it was about 11am by the time they came past and even then it was so damn quick it could have been anyone. Still we like to say William waved at us 😂
You must have worked on the same road as me! I was locking my bike out outside the city council offices when they drove by. I'd completely forgotten they were coming and couldn't understand the people everywhere!

Reactions: 1
You must have worked on the same road as me! I was locking my bike out outside the city council offices when they drove by. I'd completely forgotten they were coming and couldn't understand the people everywhere!
😂 Hi! I worked then on Regent Street.

I’m not a royal fan. But if the old racist pops his clogs now, liz will go into mourning and possibly step down. The last thing the country needs is more destabilisation

Even if you're not a royalist, I think the majority of people have a lot of respect for Queen Elizabeth because she has dedicated her life to the throne.

I think the RF know it'll be a difficult time when she goes.

Reactions: 13
Aren't the Royal Family well known for having a small spending limit on Christmas gifts for each other and the limit is set very low so they just get "joke" presents?

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.