The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn't think Harry came across well in the Corden interview, I thought the entire thing was mawkish and a piss take. I expect we will see more of this type of thing which is disappointing. I really don't care about Harry, but his reasons for leaving were clear, privacy. This isn't that. I would have a lot more respect for him if he disappeared into obscurity.
I thought the interview was reminiscent of his great uncle Edward speaking about his love for Wallis.
I thought it was a bit cheap. The Prince of Bel Air stuff was really quite tacky.

You could see Harry’s quite abrasive personality at times too.

I actually support their decision to leave the U.K.too but this sort of stuff just doesn’t bode well with me.

Reactions: 11
I didn't think Harry came across well in the Corden interview, I thought the entire thing was mawkish and a piss take. I expect we will see more of this type of thing which is disappointing. I really don't care about Harry, but his reasons for leaving were clear, privacy. This isn't that. I would have a lot more respect for him if he disappeared into obscurity.
I thought the interview was reminiscent of his great uncle Edward speaking about his love for Wallis.

People were very supportive of him when he cited the need for privacy as his reason for stepping away from the UK and from representing the Queen at official jobs to escape Press intrusion.

Everyone knows he has a deep mistrust and dislike of the Press and we all know why. We remember Diana.

But he turned many of those supporters away from him because they felt it hypocritical of him to keep making podcasts and press announcements etc once he was over the pond. He was also seen as lecturing people to reduce their carbon footprint while he was jetting about. It felt like finger wagging and people don't like that.
Especially Brits.

It transpires, he didnt want actual privacy.
What he really wanted was to be in total control of all publicity about him.
That's quite different, especially when it looks like he is lining his own pockets by exploiting his royalness.

I think many people tolerate the Royal Family as long as they are seen to be good for the country and its tourism trade etc.
If Royals are seen to be self serving instead of public serving, the perception of them changes drastically.
Also people tend to have more respect for the Royals who take on the chin any criticism of them.

The Royal Family machine is antiquated and yes, it could do with loosening its girdle a bit in some respects, and it is often slow to change its ways.

For example, their reluctance to come back to London when Diana died was beginning to turn the public against them but when they finally softened their collective stiff upper lip and announced they thought that keeping William and Harry where they were was the best thing for the boys, the public understood and forgave.
So they could do with being a bit less stiff and stuffy, and Harry clearly wants them to change the way they behave, but he's going about it in a very clumsy way.

Bottom line, he's lost support because he cried "do not publish anything in the media about me or my wife" and proceed to publicise himself and his wife until many are sick of them.

Never thought Diana's son would be out of favour with the Brits, but he's gone and done it.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I’ve seen so many people write on Twitter why have Harry and the queen done zoom interviews and other members of royals out working whilst Philip is in hospital.

I think that people forget they are continuing to work, they are most likely being kept updated but to keep their minds busy and keep them going working is what they can do.

Do we reckon the Duke of Edinburgh will be coming out this weekend ?

Reactions: 4
He is received quite well by the Americans, no? They're sympathetic aren't they? Wonder how long that will last. I think the Oprah interview will burn any bridges left between him and the UK which is quite sad. I think he's immature or lost or something, I wonder if he has advisors now. Must be quite strange to go from stringent control to zero.

Reactions: 7
He is received quite well by the Americans, no? They're sympathetic aren't they? Wonder how long that will last. I think the Oprah interview will burn any bridges left between him and the UK which is quite sad. I think he's immature or lost or something, I wonder if he has advisors now. Must be quite strange to go from stringent control to zero.
Oh I believe he still has stringent control, it's just in a different form than he was previously used to. 👰🏽💍

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone on the Daily Mail comments section has said that Philip has sepsis and that’s why he’s been in hospital as long as he has. Sepsis is obviously a complication of an infection. Obviously this could be tosh, but it could explain why he’s been in as long as he has if they are trying to get it under control.

Reactions: 7
Do we get a day off should the Duke pass away? (Sounds heartless I know but I think most of the younger generation probably think the same way)

Reactions: 1
Someone on the Daily Mail comments section has said that Philip has sepsis and that’s why he’s been in hospital as long as he has. Sepsis is obviously a complication of an infection. Obviously this could be tosh, but it could explain why he’s been in as long as he has if they are trying to get it under control.
My dad had sepsis a few times. Each time he was treated with a 2 week course of IV antibiotics. This would explain the duration of the hospital stay.

Reactions: 8
Yes, he has advisors now, his (actually their) communications team, all US Americans if I'm not mistaken (+ whichever agency they employ, it was Sunshine Sachs).
Great for building up an image for a US audience, less great for image in UK.

Reactions: 3
I had sepsis after the birth of my son and I wasn’t allowed home until 48 hours after my temperature had last spiked. Maybe that’s why they can’t give much of an update cause they’re waiting until it’s definitely down and stays down?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yes, he has advisors now, his (actually their) communications team, all US Americans if I'm not mistaken (+ whichever agency they employ, it was Sunshine Sachs).
Great for building up an image for a US audience, less great for image in UK.
His PR advisors are terrible tbh. Don't even know if the Corden skit was a good decision even though he came across well.

Reactions: 3
His PR advisors are terrible tbh. Don't even know if the Corden skit was a good decision even though he came across well.
his advisors are mainly of not American which is why they keep reading the room wrong about the UK’s feelings and values. It might well be though that this is the plan all along and the US market is what they’re aiming for.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.