The Royal Family #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One of the things I look forward to seeing the next coronation is how it's going to be done. It's been put forward that it would be scaled down and that Liz's coronation would be the last of its grand kind, as such a spectacle wouldn't befit the times anymore.
Oh I hope not, I'm wanting every single head of state in their national dress and everything! And the blingiest gold carriage with the golden cherubs and renaissance paintings on the side of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I totally want to see the coronation, they hired coaches from a TV film company for the Queens, so I absolutely want to see pomp and ceremony, no skimping please. Realistically we might even see two in our lifetimes. I'm so here for the Queens funeral and I'm not even one bit sorry. If she outlives me I will be most annoyed!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I totally want to see the coronation, they hired coaches from a TV film company for the Queens, so I absolutely want to see pomp and ceremony, no skimping please. Realistically we might even see two in our lifetimes. I'm so here for the Queens funeral and I'm not even one bit sorry. If she outlives me I will be most annoyed!
It'll be like the coronation version of buses, you wait ages for a golden coach and then two show up in close succession :LOL: I read that long Guardian article about what happens when the Queen dies the other day and it got me all fired up for it! #sorrynotsorry

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It'll be like the coronation version of buses, you wait ages for a golden coach and then two show up in close succession :LOL: I read that long Guardian article about what happens when the Queen dies the other day and it got me all fired up for it! #sorrynotsorry
I mean it will be a moment in history won't it? Few people alive would have seen the spectacle of a coronation. I dont think we should have a Monarchy really, but as it looks like we are going to have one for the foreseeable, even if we are the last ones standing in the democratic world, we may as well go full on bling once in a while.

i don't know if this has been asked on here before but if The Queen lasts until she's 100 does she get a telegram/text message from. ..errr The Queen? :unsure:
We had to apply for one for my Gran, so she probably wont bother- just do her own one!

Reactions: 8
Same people who admitted on this thread being in the crowd when Princess Diana died or when the Queen had her jubilee.
Not particularly Royalist but I did go to the jubilee celebrations on the Tuesday of Bank holiday weekend. There was a ballot for tickets to sit in stands outside Buckingham Palace and it was a great day out.We saw all the Royals head out to the Church service at Westminster Abbey, had a picnic whilst they were gone, then they came back and out on the balcony. Great atmosphere, plenty going on and then the most spectacular bit, the Red Arrows screaming along the Mall.As a one off, once in a lifetime thing it was great.

Reactions: 14
i don't know if this has been asked on here before but if The Queen lasts until she's 100 does she get a telegram/text message from. ..errr The Queen? :unsure:
I think Charles stages an intervention and says FFS, if you're not going to die anytime soon, at least abdicate!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Ive never understood those sad fuckers who go and stand outside Sandrignham Church or Christmas Morning to see the Queen and give her flowers. I mean it’s Christmas Day ffs! Most people are at home with their families opening presents and preparing Christmas dinner etc. Who even are these people? One of the good things about the restrictions was that didnt happen this Christmas just gone.
Well, maybe they don't have any family to spend it with? We don't know.

Reactions: 6
The Queen was outside my work opening a tram (god knows how the mayor managed that) was gonna go out but it was raining. I could see from the window and her umbrella matched her coat. She's such a fashion icon isn't she. So matchy matchy

Reactions: 13
The Queen was outside my work opening a tram (god knows how the mayor managed that) was gonna go out but it was raining. I could see from the window and her umbrella matched her coat. She's such a fashion icon isn't she. So matchy matchy
You'd like a book by Sali Hughes, Our rainbow queen. I haven't read it as I'm not a fan of Hughes.

Reactions: 3
Wasn’t there a lady who sold a picture she took there for 20k. That’d motivate me 👍
Yes she got a perfect shot with her phone of the fab 4 and Hello mag bought it.

She has been dressed by some of the most iconic designers of the 20th century. Very lucky lady.

Reactions: 7
I saw Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on a tiny black and white TV my Dad bought for the occasion. We were the only people in our Street to have one and our house was full of neighbours so all us kids had to sit outside and and keep sneaking in to have a look if we could get inside. Afterwards we had a great big street party and I can still remember it. We lived in a Pit Village in Yorkshire where all the houses were rows and rows like Corrie so parties went on in every double backed street.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I think Charles stages an intervention and says FFS, if you're not going to die anytime soon, at least abdicate!
Edward VII, who was in a similar position to Charles, supposedly said of Victoria something to the effect of "I know I pray to the eternal father, but I may be the only man cursed with an eternal mother".

It should be said that him and Victoria didn't get on at times though.

Reactions: 6
I saw Queen Elizabeth's Coronation on a tiny black and white TV my Dad bought for the occasion. We were the only people in our Street to have one and our house was full of neighbours so all us kids had to sit outside and and keep sneaking in to have a look if we could get inside. Afterwards we had a great big street party and I can still remember it. We lived in a Pit Village in Yorkshire where all the houses were rows and rows like Corrie so parties went on in every double backed street.
I wonder if the pit village you grew up in is the same pit village I grew up in too 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
A relative, long dead, was on the carriage, standing up on the back, at the coronation of George vi. Must've been really nerve wracking.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
That Guardian article is something else isn’t it, I’ve never read anything like it before. Here’s the link if anyone’s interested. I’ve shared it before, but the picture at the top has made me wonder - will all the stamps and money have to change to pictures of Charles??

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.