The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I believe she passed a little after 2:30pm

Margaret wanted to be between her mum & dad and there wasn’t much room so she chose cremation so she could fit
2:47pm is being widely shared as the time of her death. And Princess Margaret always wanted to be cremated, it wasn't a case of that was the only way she could fit in the vault.

Reactions: 2
Couple of quid is too much when they can live better than most UK citizens without it.
Yes, shows of wealth and workshyness and bad temper at this point in Britain's history will go down badly. I think Harry's book may disclose some serious issues -- he may not be the brightest bulb but his ghost writer and publishers' lawyers certainly are.

Reactions: 6
So it's nothing exciting but he told me (this being someone I know who went to uni with them) it was pretty obvious she was gunning for him. Like lots of other girls I assume! She was known to body block other gals at their local to make sure nobody else got close to him. Protecting him from people, maybe; but territorial none-the-less. Hanging on him. The whole slip dress was pretty calculated to catch his eye. St A's was a small place and everyone talked about everything apparently! She never stood out much, a lot like the other English posh or wannabe posh gals who attended. He was not the nicest guy or sharpest drawer in the box. She was nice but introverted.

Didn't Katie Nicholl tell a story in her Kate biography that Carole Middleton offered them the master bedroom to kiss and make up after a break up?! He got invited to a party at their house.

Like I said clearly it works for them but I just want them to do their jobs please. They seem happy and have cute kids. I've such a soft spot for wee sensitive George.
Interesting! I think a lot of girls might have picked St. Andrew's because of William. It's the kind of thing an 18 year old might do but as they got older or the relationship got serious surely she'd have to move beyond the get him at all costs mentality. That Carol Middleton story is :sick:

You've mentioned her being introverted and she does seem like that so why on earth would she want to be with William? I'm introverted and it would literally be my worst nightmare to attract any kind of public attention. She hasn't done much with her role either. She's not done loads of royal or charity work. She doesn't use it to mingle with celebs as Diana and Meghan did (apart from Wimbledon) and she doesn't seem to court the limelight or the media. She was really uncomfortable with the attention in their engagement interview and she rarely speaks in public. She always gives the impression that she'd prefer to be in the country with the kids living a quiet life. So why was she so determined to get William?!

Reactions: 14
I think she loves William, the lifestyle and privileges, so she can have that country stay at home wife/mum thing going on. Unfortunately the public pay for it. I would want some return on that social contract! No problem being a stay at home mum - I am!!! - but when you've got public duties to uphold you should do both. So many women juggle 40 hour work weeks and parenting, why can't they do a few engagements per week? You can still be totally present for your kids. During the school day I do lots of home things, look after my elderly mum and take her to her many appointments and such, and have free time to myself to exercise or play video games... or hang out here on Tattle!!!

I'm not an introvert but it sounds really a life full of not so great trade offs for a wonderful lifestyle. I'd put up and shut up and do anything asked of me to live that life though!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Probably updated with lies about the funeral and how bad their experience was.
Yeah, Richard Kay had a story that smells like a direct riposte from Charles' office chastising Harry for leaking the story about how angry he was that the ERII insignia were stripped from his uniform. (A friend of his was authorized to speak to the Times of London.)

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 8.08.08 AM.png

Also being floated, possibly at the instigation of the Palace or William, is the possibility Charles will prevent the accession of Archie and Lilibet to prince titles they're now entitled to as grandchildren of the monarch. It's suggested this is the Damocles sword Charles can wield over revelations including any nasty funeral disclosures in Harry's book.

I think she loves William, the lifestyle and privileges, so she can have that country stay at home wife/mum thing going on. Unfortunately the public pay for it. I would want some return on that social contract! No problem being a stay at home mum - I am!!! - but when you've got public duties to uphold you should do both. So many women juggle 40 hour work weeks and parenting, why can't they do a few engagements per week? You can still be totally present for your kids. During the school day I do lots of home things, look after my elderly mum and take her to her many appointments and such, and have free time to myself to exercise or play video games... or hang out here on Tattle!!!

I'm not an introvert but it sounds really a life full of not so great trade offs for a wonderful lifestyle. I'd put up and shut up and do anything asked of me to live that life though!
Absolutely! Why are we paying for their nanny, housekeeper cook and numerous office staff, plus staff for all of their separate homes if they want to both be stay at home parents?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Harry seems to not understand why the initials were removed. He is no longer an aide-de-camp as of 2021. Therefore no initials, no fancy gold braid, you made your bed, lie in it. Maybe he shouldn't have given Granny and the rest of the family the middle finger.

Reactions: 20
What are the public engagements people are talking about, waving at crowds, shaking a few hands, glittering on a red carpet, making buns?
Izthatit?

Reactions: 6
What are the public engagements people are talking about, waving at crowds, shaking a few hands, glittering on a red carpet, making buns?
Izthatit?
I'd like to see real engagements. Go visit charities. Small businesses. Meet people. Talk to them. Give organizations and such exposure. That's the job. Doesn't sound hard. I'd love to go meet all sorts of people and see what things they are doing to serve their communities or charities that do good in the world. The PR of a royal visit is great, no doubt. It gives a lot of exposure and has helped with lots of funding, regardless of one's opinion on the usefulness of a monarchy or the royal family. That and if they are interested in self preservation connecting to their people is a damn good idea.

Less the glitzy movie premieres and sports events.

Reactions: 11
Izthatit?
There's a royal engagements calendar on their site.

But most of the time it shows a few events a month, currently all empty now (understandable although next week the mourning ends and there's still nothing listesd). https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

You hear stories of Anne doing 500 engagements a year as the workhorse of the family, but does she really? So few are ever listed. Back in early aug just three events listed for the whole family https://web.archive.org/web/20220802103157/https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I think it still it comes down to what The Queen said …
I have to be seen to be believed.

People who think they are paying their wages’ want to know they are getting bang for their buck. Zoom calls and Team meetings may take up some of the time but they still need to do the bread and butter royalling and open supermarkets in the shires.

There is no lifestyle trade off that could make me want her life! I think she'd very likely have had that life anyway just with a different husband.

They def need to up their engagements. They could easily fit in some more while the kids are at school even if they are local. I understand why they're prioritising family life now because they do have a lot of responsibility coming their way but they need to show that they'll be capable when the time comes too. When they don't have to worry about normal jobs like doing laundry etc while the kids are at school, then what do they do all day?!

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
There is no lifestyle trade off that could make me want her life! I think she'd very likely have had that life anyway just with a different husband.

They def need to up their engagements. They could easily fit in some more while the kids are at school even if they are local. I understand why they're prioritising family life now because they do have a lot of responsibility coming their way but they need to show that they'll be capable when the time comes too.
Now they have The Wales gig they are going to have to step up more. Charles is going to be busy doing rounds of visits and tours and meetings to cement his Kingship which leaves a lot of slack for the ones next in line to take up.

Reactions: 10
Now they have The Wales gig they are going to have to step up more. Charles is going to be busy doing rounds of visits and tours and meetings to cement his Kingship which leaves a lot of slack for the ones next in line to take up.
Ya they'll have to and if they do step up now then I think it was fair enough for them to be taking it easy while their kids were young. They know they'll be working well past retirement age so I suppose there must be some trade off. Charles is entering the busiest phase of his career at 73.

I did see a video of Anne knocking around a while ago of her being quite surprised people had turned out to meet her. She seems dead on. I suppose she's learned her place 😏

How did you find it? I can’t seem to find it anywhere!
Same. I'd love to re-watch it but it seems like it's been scrubbed from the Internet. Surely not an easy task these days. I always wonder if the RF got some kind of injunction against it being re-broadcast.

Same. I'd love to re-watch it but it seems like it's been scrubbed from the Internet. Surely not an easy task these days. I always wonder if the RF got some kind of injunction against it being re-broadcast.
I always wonder if Oprah herself removed it 😂

Reactions: 5
When I used to look at the H&M thread I remember they were looking at ways to get it stored on their Wiki. As far as I remember they figured out a way of doing it, so you might find it there.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.