The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Interesting! I think a lot of girls might have picked St. Andrew's because of William. It's the kind of thing an 18 year old might do but as they got older or the relationship got serious surely she'd have to move beyond the get him at all costs mentality. That Carol Middleton story is :sick:

You've mentioned her being introverted and she does seem like that so why on earth would she want to be with William? I'm introverted and it would literally be my worst nightmare to attract any kind of public attention. She hasn't done much with her role either. She's not done loads of royal or charity work. She doesn't use it to mingle with celebs as Diana and Meghan did (apart from Wimbledon) and she doesn't seem to court the limelight or the media. She was really uncomfortable with the attention in their engagement interview and she rarely speaks in public. She always gives the impression that she'd prefer to be in the country with the kids living a quiet life. So why was she so determined to get William?!
I’m incredibly introverted meaning I get exhausted around people easily and need alone time. But I’m not shy, and I can easily handle attention in a crowd. I am very quiet, especially around people I don’t know, but attention doesn’t bother me. Maybe that’s what they meant when they said she’s introverted?

Reactions: 14
Interesting! I think a lot of girls might have picked St. Andrew's because of William. It's the kind of thing an 18 year old might do but as they got older or the relationship got serious surely she'd have to move beyond the get him at all costs mentality. That Carol Middleton story is :sick:

You've mentioned her being introverted and she does seem like that so why on earth would she want to be with William? I'm introverted and it would literally be my worst nightmare to attract any kind of public attention. She hasn't done much with her role either. She's not done loads of royal or charity work. She doesn't use it to mingle with celebs as Diana and Meghan did (apart from Wimbledon) and she doesn't seem to court the limelight or the media. She was really uncomfortable with the attention in their engagement interview and she rarely speaks in public. She always gives the impression that she'd prefer to be in the country with the kids living a quiet life. So why was she so determined to get William?!
I too am an introvert and there no money in the world that could persuade me to chase a Prince knowing the media would be all over you like a rash. Kate (and no doubt her mom) wanted Kate to marry well and the heir to the throne would be a huge catch.

Reactions: 6
Random question: Was the Queen ever known as Duchess of Edinburgh (before she became Queen but after marrying)?

The RF sometimes hates, sometimes utilities leaks.
According to Stuart Higgins, Sun royal reporter, then editor, Camilla Parker-Bowles called him every week for 10 years, from 1982-92, to discuss the Wales marriage with him and to suss out if the press knew about her afffair with Charles.
He spoke to Sally Bedell Smith, a respectable royal biographer, quoted by the well-connected editor Tina Brown in her Diana Chronicles book.
Then Camilla hired Marc Bolland, or got Charles to, on the advice of her divorce lawyer. Bolland's job was to restore her reputation, get her married, and named Queen Consort. (Semi-reliable Robert Jobson, a Charles partisan, writes that William hated Bolland.)
Camilla Parker-Bowles has been working the press for 40 plus years. I have no doubt she is on it now.
Amazon product

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.20.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.20.18 AM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Re. Kate, I imagine that she was one of at least a few who attended St Andrews with the intention of bagging a prince. She became the successful one, so her backstory (along with the machinations of her mother, allegedly) is the one we know.

As for her introversion and work shy nature, I’ve followed her story a long time and I can’t recall the source, but she is supposed to have once said that she admired and wanted a role like the Queen Mother. A supportive role rather than the main attraction. To be admired and beloved by the nation for who you are rather than the work you’ve done. Which if true, explains the very long game she is committed to. It’s nice to think their life is a fairytale love story but I imagine there is a lot we don’t know about their dynamic. I think the Prince is well aware that she and her family can be trusted for discretion and loyalty (minus a few “leaks” to media during the waity katey years) and that must be a big foundation of their relationship.

Her popularity did begin to rise as they started doing more engagements and as she took on events that highlighted her glamourous or sporty/youthful side. She has become somewhat aspirational in terms of her image, I wonder if people would feel the same admiration towards her if she perhaps looked less impeccable. Image is a huge part of her appeal, as is her ability to follow protocol. People also softened to her as she had children and supported charities relating to kids.

It’s interesting how things evolve as time goes on. Just some of my observations over the years.

Reactions: 21
Are you sure? I've never heard of this and Google isn't coming up with anything either. I feel like if a royal advisor was actually bullying Meghan we'd have heard an awful lot more about it.

Jason Knauf gave evidence in court when Meghan sued the Mail on Sunday. He was the reason she had to admit to 'misremembering' giving info to the authors of Finding Freedom. I think the palace leaked the bullying allegations against Meghan in response to the Oprah interview.
Wasn't Jason Knauf then working for William? I think the bullying allegations were leaked with William's authorization and initiative. I think it was a couple of days before the Oprah interview.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.44.57 AM.png

This tells me a lot. Not least that Harry is toast. I suspect William decided he would not share his flight to the dying Queen's bedside with Harry.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Random question: Was the Queen ever known as Duchess of Edinburgh (before she became Queen but after marrying)?
Yes, from 20 November 1947 – 6 February 1952 she was known as Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh. Before the abdication she was Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth of York, which is why she (allegedly) gave her favourite son the York title.

Yeah, Richard Kay had a story that smells like a direct riposte from Charles' office chastising Harry for leaking the story about how angry he was that the ERII insignia were stripped from his uniform. (A friend of his was authorized to speak to the Times of London.)

View attachment 1594982

Also being floated, possibly at the instigation of the Palace or William, is the possibility Charles will prevent the accession of Archie and Lilibet to prince titles they're now entitled to as grandchildren of the monarch. It's suggested this is the Damocles sword Charles can wield over revelations including any nasty funeral disclosures in Harry's book.
Harry didn't have ER on his uniform when he married Meghan. I think this is another made up story
1663776228681.png

No ER on his shoulder here

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Wasn't Jason Knauf then working for William? I think the bullying allegations were leaked with William's authorization and initiative. I think it was a couple of days before the Oprah interview.
I agree that William gave Knauf his blessing to go public but I don't think that Knauf lied for him.

Harry didn't have ER on his uniform when he married Meghan. I think this is another made up story
He got it sometime after he married. There are pictures of him with it and the gold braid too. Then he lost the position as aide de camp to the Queen when he stopped being a working royal so isn't allowed to wear it anymore. I believe that Harry and Meghan leaked that story to the press themselves and I think it was fairly petty of them when Charles broke the rules to allow him to wear his uniform in the first place. It was bad form to be causing drama in the press like that anyway in the run up to the funeral. I think that story only came out on Sunday so the day before the funeral. The story of him meeting William while driving in Windsor was in the same article and I doubt William was the one telling the press about it.

The difference with Kate as opposed to say Princess Anne is that Kate is a commoner. The commoner never used to be allowed to marry into the royal family and certainly not to the future King. Anne was born to the role and did engagements from a very young age as did the rest of the Queen's children. Kate came into the Royal family from age 19/20 and so obviously had to be trained up. William spoke of the Queen's guidance and support to Kate, so I doubt they would expect her to act like say Anne from the get go. She has definitely improved but she's still not great at speeches. I think she likes to take the back seat and she has her charities that she chose that she obviously has an interest in.

I always found it slightly amusing that Anne's main charity years ago was 'Save the Children' but she never looked like she even liked kids! I think years ago they weren't given much choice in what Charities they chose whereas Kate and Camilla (who weren't Royal) seem to have been allowed to pick their own.

I wouldn't call what they do 'work'. Isn't it supposed to be called 'serve'? No doubt they have to research where they're going to visit and learn the art of small talk and knowing what to say and do. No wonder Chelsy Davy didn't want that life and I think you'd have to be a certain kind of person to enjoy it. I wouldn't want it.

Reactions: 9
Same. I'd love to re-watch it but it seems like it's been scrubbed from the Internet. Surely not an easy task these days. I always wonder if the RF got some kind of injunction against it being re-broadcast.
It can be found, but not on YouTube. That'll get taken down automatically

Reactions: 2
I agree that William gave Knauf his blessing to go public but I don't think that Knauf lied for him.

He got it sometime after he married. There are pictures of him with it and the gold braid too. Then he lost the position as aide de camp to the Queen when he stopped being a working royal so isn't allowed to wear it anymore. I believe that Harry and Meghan leaked that story to the press themselves and I think it was fairly petty of them when Charles broke the rules to allow him to wear his uniform in the first place. It was bad form to be causing drama in the press like that anyway in the run up to the funeral. I think that story only came out on Sunday so the day before the funeral. The story of him meeting William while driving in Windsor was in the same article and I doubt William was the one telling the press about it.
I believe every word Jason Knauf said. He also testified to it under oath.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Kate may have planned to go to St Andrews with a view to meeting Wills but no one is going to marry someone just for bonus points

Reactions: 12
Yes, from 20 November 1947 – 6 February 1952 she was known as Her Royal Highness The Princess Elizabeth, Duchess of Edinburgh. Before the abdication she was Her Royal Highness Princess Elizabeth of York, which is why she (allegedly) gave her favourite son the York title.
Cheers!

The difference with Kate as opposed to say Princess Anne is that Kate is a commoner. The commoner never used to be allowed to marry into the royal family and certainly not to the future King. Anne was born to the role and did engagements from a very young age as did the rest of the Queen's children. Kate came into the Royal family from age 19/20 and so obviously had to be trained up. William spoke of the Queen's guidance and support to Kate, so I doubt they would expect her to act like say Anne from the get go. She has definitely improved but she's still not great at speeches. I think she likes to take the back seat and she has her charities that she chose that she obviously has an interest in.

I always found it slightly amusing that Anne's main charity years ago was 'Save the Children' but she never looked like she even liked kids! I think years ago they weren't given much choice in what Charities they chose whereas Kate and Camilla (who weren't Royal) seem to have been allowed to pick their own.

I wouldn't call what they do 'work'. Isn't it supposed to be called 'serve'? No doubt they have to research where they're going to visit and learn the art of small talk and knowing what to say and do. No wonder Chelsy Davy didn't want that life and I think you'd have to be a certain kind of person to enjoy it. I wouldn't want it.
I imagine their staff do the main research and provide briefing notes. Same with speeches I'm guessing. They may slightly tweak things stylistically but doubt they write them from scratch

Cheers!

I imagine their staff do the main research and provide briefing notes. Same with speeches I'm guessing. They may slightly tweak things stylistically but doubt they write them from scratch
It's obvious their staff write them but you would need to do a bit of studying especially on a royal tour abroad to know what you're going to come up against. I doubt they just get briefed in the car on the way to the visit. Must be quite boring though just shaking hands and making small talk and trying to look interested!

Do you think Meghan and Harry will last?

I am not interested in any of it very much, loved the wedding, thought it was a warm welcome, thought fair play when they declared they wanted out - can’t understand why they’re still going on. I do think her face always looks arranged whenever she is at one of these big shin digs - acting/ emoting appropriately. She could, of course, simply be terrified.

Reactions: 8
I wonder if they had anyone supervising them on the bus?
I think the world leaders bus would be more stroppy and precious over status than the foreign royals one. Most of the royals are related in one way or another and/or great friends - even eastern royals like Japan and Bhutan are friends of each other. They often use buses for family weddings too so it wouldn't be a new or insulting thing.

So who would be the foreign royal most likely to start a singsong on the bus?

• Haha
Reactions: 1
King Charles admitted in an interview that he wasn't very happy kid, especially while he was in Gordonstoun school. He was writing letters to his parents that remained unanswered.

So he did something similar to Harry, he spilled family tea. Funny how he has never been harshly criticized by the royalists.
Princess Anne whupped his ass on the uncaring mother libel in a Jubilee interview.

Reactions: 1
Tbf to Queenie when she started a family she would have assumed her father would be around longer than he ended up being giving her the chance to spend more time with her kids growing up. She might even have thought they would be adults by the time she had to take the job (talking about the elder two here)

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.