The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was reported last summer and as a result the royal staff underwent training and a refreshment of procedures around conduct. Mad to think it's like any work place.

There was also a guy who still works with Kate that put complaints in about Meghan bullying him which somehow leaked (i mean he obviously leaked it). Jason Knauf I think was his name.
Jason Knauf's story was that he was complaining 'on behalf of others' which was a little too bloody contrived in my opinion. The fact that he is still working for the Waleses is very interesting, and not in a good way. Witchell hat on; I think Harry has always been William's scapegoat and that the grey men colluded in that as it was convenient to protect the heir whose own behaviour was no better at times. Further, Harry not being an intellectual colossus (!) probably didn't realise. Meghan, being somewhat more intelligent did, and the rest, as they say, is history. That being said, M & H's reaction has not been sensible or well thought out but I could understand some lashing out, unfortunate though it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think they were close and William, Harry and Kate were always together. Harry said Kate was the sister he always wanted. When George was born Harry said he was glad it pushed him further down the succession line.

I think William must have had some small bit of resentment that Harry got more freedom as he wasn’t heir.

I liken them to my husband and his brother who were very close as grew up without their mother but then the brother married a woman whose a bloody nightmare and my husband doesn’t like her and it pushed him and his brother apart, so now they barely see each other. I expect it happens in a lot of families!
Everything that's happened to the RF happens to lots of families. It's just that's it being played out in public. I think that's partly why we're so interested in it. Behind all the ceremony and pomp they're having the same problems that lots of families have.

Reactions: 20
Sounds like Harry is easily influenced, tell him what to think and all that.

Reactions: 18
Harry is dumb as a box of rocks. I don't think Meghan is bright but she's cunning. She knows in the US her travails as a black woman - and I say this not verbatim but close enough from a black friend - when she has no clue what it is like having been raised as a privileged white girl given everything, who abandoned her black family but uses her race as a get out of jail free card. They wanted to monetize the monarchy. Meghan bullied staff, that much is clear, as is their 100% cooperation with their stupid book, and the non release of the report imo is because the court trial showed the BRF didn't protect them at all from Meghan and Harry. They wanted to be top dogs. Meghan wanted to be famous, a royal Angelina Jolie sparkling her royal sparkle everywhere, with lots and LOTS of money, not cutting ribbons and shaking hands. She was kind of like the rude American bull in a china shop: I WANT IT THIS WAY AND I WANT IT NOW AND POPULARITY AND MY HOLLYWOOD PR FIRM SAYS I AM THE MOST IMPORTANT. (I am American.)

Definitely agree tho Harry was William's scapegoat - the cheating stories of both of them are true and a lot was hidden about William's never showing up to his RAF shifts and him and Kate not really being together too often on Anglesey. Can't hurt the golden boy heir so Harry settled into the bad boy alternative when both are petty, petulant man-children, William is better at hiding it and Kate is 100% loyal. Meghan is loyal to herself. I know folks who went to uni with William and Kate - she was just as ruthless in getting her man as Meghan was and what cunning and a backbone of steel to hang on all those years through break ups, and make ups facilitated by her parents (their mouthpiece Katie Nicholl even said so!). Kate should have married a rich guy like her sister - money and privilege and no duty so she wouldn't have to worry about work. No doubt she's a great and loving mum but more should be expected of her and William.

I wonder if Harry was close to Kate. At the engagement he said he wanted to get to know her insinuating he barely knew her.

Just my tuppence... if they wanted to leave and have a private life have at but they acted like horrific nasty spoilt children when they put up that shocking website of demands because they thought they'd force HMTQ to acquiesce. Disgusting. Then the slagging off of the family and the British people for money whilst Philip was poorly and clearly dying. I think the stress shuffled HMTQ off this mortal coil. Also Harry telling me my First Amendment rights are bonkers? Whining how hard done by they are in their 16m house bought from a Russian oligarch? Bite me, ya head.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I liken them to my husband and his brother who were very close as grew up without their mother but then the brother married a woman whose a bloody nightmare and my husband doesn’t like her and it pushed him and his brother apart, so now they barely see each other. I expect it happens in a lot of families!
Sadly, having seen something similar (but less extreme) played out in my own family over the years, I think you’re right. It’s a very common dynamic.

Reactions: 11
Jason Knauf's story was that he was complaining 'on behalf of others' which was a little too bloody contrived in my opinion. The fact that he is still working for the Waleses is very interesting, and not in a good way. Witchell hat on; I think Harry has always been William's scapegoat and that the grey men colluded in that as it was convenient to protect the heir whose own behaviour was no better at times. Further, Harry not being an intellectual colossus (!) probably didn't realise. Meghan, being somewhat more intelligent did, and the rest, as they say, is history. That being said, M & H's reaction has not been sensible or well thought out but I could understand some lashing out, unfortunate though it is.
I don't know if Harry was that much of a scapegoat or if William was just smart enough not to get caught. Harry's popularity was built on these laddish escapades too. Apart from the nazi thing then I don't think he got too much hassle about any of them. Even the drug taking was written off as poor Harry, lost his mom, lost his way but he's a good guy at heart. Then his army career made him even more popular. Harry was a lot more popular than William at one stage. People were delighted for him when he got married and he and Meghan were very popular as a couple initially.
Maybe Harry's popularity annoyed William. The Cambridges got a lot of negative press for years so when Meghan came along and she took the heat off them I can easily imagine them being relieved/delighted. I don't think they were actively using her as a shield though. It's just the news cycle.

Re. Jason knauf. I've always been of the opinion that William gave him his blessing to go public but that he actually was telling the truth. The Sussexes have had constant turnover of staff both in the RF and with Archewell and the Sunday Times ran the bullying story which makes it more credible than the Daily Mail. They never sued the Times either and they've sued the DM over less.

Reactions: 14
Sounds like Harry is easily influenced, tell him what to think and all that.
I think that’s probably a problem for anyone that has grown up at super shielded.
Harry, by dint of his age, was shielded from a lot that went on with his mum, so while William knew her a bit more as an actual person Harry didn’t so much.
Then it was Eton and then the Army.
Couple that with a whole raft of advisors and staff and it’s not hard to see that someone who has been told what to do and think since childhood could find it hard to engage a few brain cells and think for themselves,
Why think when someone else will do it for you.

Reactions: 10
This is probably a stupid question but..

I rewatched the Harry and Meghan Oprah interview last night.. they always mention ‘the firm’ or the ‘the institution’ they seem to talk about them separately to the family members. Who is the the firm? Who’s in charge? I thought it was TQ who was in charge of everything royal family related, but it doesn’t seem to be that way? Seems funny to think that it’s actually someone else running the show behind the scenes!
How did you find it? I can’t seem to find it anywhere!

I’m watching Elizabeth and Margaret: Love & Loyalty on netflix, very moving. Showing footage of Elizabeth becoming a first time mother & it dawned on me that we’ve never seen a photo of her pregnant. I looked it up & apparently at the time it was taboo for pregnant women to be seen in public! I honestly never knew this, how shocking. Highly recommend giving the series a watch if you haven’t already. Xx

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I’m watching Elizabeth and Margaret: Love & Loyalty on netflix, very moving. Showing footage of Elizabeth becoming a first time mother & it dawned on me that we’ve never seen a photo of her pregnant. I looked it up & apparently at the time it was taboo for pregnant women to be seen in public! I honestly never knew this, how shocking. Highly recommend giving the series a watch if you haven’t already. Xx
I’ve always wondered why we never saw photos of her pregnant!

Reactions: 8
I think there are snaps of her pregnant, hard to tell with the coats, but I'm sure I've seen some.

Reactions: 9
I think that’s probably a problem for anyone that has grown up at super shielded.
Harry, by dint of his age, was shielded from a lot that went on with his mum, so while William knew her a bit more as an actual person Harry didn’t so much.
Then it was Eton and then the Army.
Couple that with a whole raft of advisors and staff and it’s not hard to see that someone who has been told what to do and think since childhood could find it hard to engage a few brain cells and think for themselves,
Why think when someone else will do it for you.
With Harry I believe it would be best if he still let his advisers think for him! A lot of the negative response from the media and public towards himself and Meghan is that they clearly never listened to PR/communications advice on how to manage their leaving the RF and on many of their subsequent comments and actions. Both of them are obviously very emotional types so they really need someone they’ll listen to who follows their head and not their emotions when it comes to what they say in public and when they say it.

Reactions: 4
I looked this up, there is one pic where she appears to be wearing an oversized coat but the same site said she used withdraw from official duties end of second trimester

Reactions: 4
This just showed up on my YouTube page. It’s interesting that she says they don’t argue which contradicts all we have heard since! I think they were happy for a time but rather than Camilla being the cause for the marriage split, I think it was the age gap and that they had very different interests.

Reactions: 7
I looked this up, there is one pic where she appears to be wearing an oversized coat but the same site said she used withdraw from official duties end of second trimester
My mum was 16 when her youngest sibling was born, someone on the street told her the baby had been born, she didn't know her mother was pregnant. I'm not sure if her family were just weird or this was normal and people didn't talk about it.
Slightly off topic, sorry.

Reactions: 12
I think they were close and William, Harry and Kate were always together. Harry said Kate was the sister he always wanted. When George was born Harry said he was glad it pushed him further down the succession line.

I think William must have had some small bit of resentment that Harry got more freedom as he wasn’t heir.

Were they always together though, or just did public engagements to their joint charity together? Bit weird for a married couple to have his brother hanging round all the time into their 30's and 40's?

Reactions: 2
Definitely agree tho Harry was William's scapegoat - the cheating stories of both of them are true and a lot was hidden about William's never showing up to his RAF shifts and him and Kate not really being together too often on Anglesey. Can't hurt the golden boy heir so Harry settled into the bad boy alternative when both are petty, petulant man-children, William is better at hiding it and Kate is 100% loyal. Meghan is loyal to herself. I know folks who went to uni with William and Kate - she was just as ruthless in getting her man as Meghan was and what cunning and a backbone of steel to hang on all those years through break ups, and make ups facilitated by her parents (their mouthpiece Katie Nicholl even said so!). Kate should have married a rich guy like her sister - money and privilege and no duty so she wouldn't have to worry about work. No doubt she's a great and loving mum but more should be expected of her and William.
I do believe that Kate set out to get William & nothing was going to stop her. Her mother very much wanted that also. She will never leave William regardless of any affairs he might have. However, she will make a good queen, she is elegant & dignified & will do her duty.

Reactions: 8
I do believe that Kate set out to get William & nothing was going to stop her. Her mother very much wanted that also. She will never leave William regardless of any affairs he might have. However, she will make a good queen, she is elegant & dignified & will do her duty.
OMG be careful, I have said the same about Kate and about her mum and have been slaughtered on here!!:p I imagine if William has affairs her Mum will tell"look love you will be the Queen they are just tarts" .

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Were they always together though, or just did public engagements to their joint charity together? Bit weird for a married couple to have his brother hanging round all the time into their 30's and 40's?
Yes they lived in the same apartments and William joked he was always raiding their fridge!

In their 20’s William and Harry shared a flat for a while.

This always makes me laugh that Kate supposedly set out to get him! How did she know he would even fancy her?!

I don’t believe he’s had or will have affairs since they married. They look too happy for her to be accepting of it and turning a blind eye. She never looks sad or miserable which I’m sure she would be if that was happening.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.