The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
National mourning has finished and now the Royal Family get a much deserved week to mourn their loss. No official engagements will take place. They must have so much to process.
What a wonderful send off she had , now is when we will start to really miss her ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Someone mentioned in the last thread about the royals not getting cancer.

The Queens father died of lung cancer and The Queen Mother had colon and breast cancer. I think Philip had bladder cancer and it’s possible the Queen had cancer with how rapidly she deteriorated. Just because they’re royal and have good healthcare treatment does not mean they won’t get cancer.

Reactions: 38
Having started to feel a bit more “normal” this morning I just saw this on TikTok. It’s so sweet and the little boy reading it does a great job. Grab your tissues again 😭

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11

The Queens father died of lung cancer and The Queen Mother had colon and breast cancer. I think Philip had bladder cancer and it’s possible the Queen had cancer with how rapidly she deteriorated. Just because they’re royal and have good healthcare treatment does not mean they won’t get cancer.
Yes I was thinking that, I just couldn’t remember where I had read that about the QM so couldn’t remember if it was her.
Was it known about at the time or just treated privately? Did it only come out after her death?

Reactions: 2
Yes I was thinking that, I just couldn’t remember where I had read that about the QM so couldn’t remember if it was her.
Was it known about at the time or just treated privately? Did it only come out after her death?
Yes, only came out after her death.

KC looks so much like Harry here!
I love Johnny Cash but the comments on that post are not very favourable to our royals!

(I don’t think he looks like Harry in the pic!).

Reactions: 3
Re: cancer

So much of cancer comes down to lifestyle - things like fresh clean air from the estates, nutritious food and access to the best medical healthcare goes a long way to account for why they beat the average.

The queen seemed suited to dealing with the pressure of the job and managing stress is a big factor. Must have really helped adjusting to it from such a young age. Will be so much harder for Charles to get used to his new life.

Reactions: 14

It's interesting that, although they got cancer, it was either through their own lifestyle choices or due to old age. If Margaret hadn't smoked, or her father hadn't smoked, or the Queen mother wasn't a raging alcoholic, would they have lived into very old age. The Queen didn't smoke, and she didn't drink excessively or much at all and lived until 96. Maybe their genetics should be studied.

Reactions: 7
Yes, only came out after her death.

I love Johnny Cash but the comments on that post are not very favourable to our royals!

(I don’t think he looks like Harry in the pic!).
I think they both got the Mountbatten eyes out of the Mountbatten-Windsor gene pick and mix.

Reactions: 5
Some people are indifferent to the monarchy, some openly critical.
I think they both got the Mountbatten eyes out of the Mountbatten-Windsor gene pick and mix.
The Windsors have a mouth, have you noticed that. Where did that come from? None of them seemed to get the queen mothers looks.

Reactions: 4
It's interesting that, although they got cancer, it was either through their own lifestyle choices or due to old age. If Margaret hadn't smoked, or her father hadn't smoked, or the Queen mother wasn't a raging alcoholic, would they have lived into very old age. The Queen didn't smoke, and she didn't drink excessively or much at all and lived until 96. Maybe their genetics should be studied.
Well if the QM was a raging alcoholic she did well to live to the grand old age of 101!

This pic was posted on that twitter thread of Charles and Johnny Cash.

I have heard something went on between these two!

Attachments

Reactions: 8
Apologies if this has been posted before - I searched but didn't find the entire thing. From Private Eye. It sounds like QEII's final months were very harrowing. I must admit I had been viewing the Palace's statements with increasing incredulity - even now the puff pieces continue with the Sun's "on sparkling form with Bojo" and having "such fun right till the end" nonesense.
queen.jpg

Reactions: 20
I’m not a Royalist in the slightest I don’t care if Kate drowns Meghan in the Thames, but all week especially yesterday I was in glued to it all, everything from the service men to the crowds were amazing the Corgis just everything was perfect.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Not sure a visit to a hospice was a good idea bearing in mind she wasn't too good herself.

Reactions: 8
i think one thing that makes a huge difference health wise is that they gave generations of ancestors who never wanted for food and never had to work!

Reactions: 7
It was her personal request to visit the hospice. Could well be due to her own I’ll health and knowing her visit would bring a little joy to those there.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They have just addressed "que jumping" on this morning.

I didn't think they que jumped tbh but I know a lot did

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.