The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Meghan and Harry will last?

I am not interested in any of it very much, loved the wedding, thought it was a warm welcome, thought fair play when they declared they wanted out - can’t understand why they’re still going on. I do think her face always looks arranged whenever she is at one of these big shin digs - acting/ emoting appropriately. She could, of course, simply be terrified.
From the start I said they would have 2 kids and get divorced after 5 years (similar to Andrew & Fergie!). However, now he's given the royal life up I'm not so sure. They will probably last a bit longer but she's been divorced before and he normally prefers blondes, so I'm sure some blonde in America might catch his eye! He'll probably stay in US though to still see his kids. I think she'd love to be President one day though, so still needs a supportive husband!

Princess Anne whupped his ass on the uncaring mother libel in a Jubilee interview.
I was reading the other day that even before she was Queen and after Charles was born he would be in the country with his two Nannies and the Queen and Philip would be in London during the week then go down to see Charles at the weekend. But I think that's just how the aristocracy were/are?

Then when she became Queen her and Philip went off for a 9 month tour leaving Charles and Anne at home with her mother and the great grandmother and the nannies. They were even away for Christmas once. I can see why they may have come across as distant parents.

Reactions: 17
Harry seems to not understand why the initials were removed. He is no longer an aide-de-camp as of 2021. Therefore no initials, no fancy gold braid, you made your bed, lie in it. Maybe he shouldn't have given Granny and the rest of the family the middle finger.
Yup. And the only reason PA was still allowed had to do with the time before they changed the rules (something about serving before 19xx or similar).
I really don’t get why people can’t wrap their head around that some things look similar but have completely different backstories like the “no uniform for PA (stepping back before you get stripper because you are a disgrace) and PH (stepping back because you couldn’t just rewrite your job as you wanted) OR why some things look as if one gets a preferential treatment but there are just rules in place that regulate this and even a PA and PH need to follow them. If it would have been up to me, I would have not given either the permission to wear a uniform they have no right to anymore.

I also still wonder in what world anyone thinks a person in their mid twenties wants to sleep in the bedroom of the parents of their partner???? If anything that’s a recipe for a break up because it’s kind of creepy and 🤢 it just makes absolutely no sense if you want to bag a future king. I do think however W married K partly because he really loves her family. They must have been heaven compared to his own parents battles and constant drama. In the end, he made the choice to propose. It will have been a multifaceted decision (her family, her loyalty, maybe the knowledge they could build something to last in friendship if they ever fell out romantically?) but as long as they are happy with it what do I care?

And I say it again- we won’t see much higher numbers for W&K. Modernising the monarchy will see less working royals over time and a different way of royal work. Less out and about more round table meetings. The public can’t have their cake and eat it. It’s ok though. I love the many engagements but I can come to terms with that IF W&K would finally start to
perform the stuff they do on a higher level. Their projects could easily look so much better. Their accounts could be run so much better. I don’t say they need to get back to uni for a BSC (pedagogy and environment or gasp. International relations ????) even though they have certainly enough time and ressources but with the right PR they could look better and more professional in their key topics. Also a second and third language wouldn’t hurt. And with just a weekends work
they could get enough cute and beautiful photos to get constant gushing. Just saying.

Reactions: 5
I’m watching Elizabeth and Margaret: Love & Loyalty on netflix, very moving. Showing footage of Elizabeth becoming a first time mother & it dawned on me that we’ve never seen a photo of her pregnant. I looked it up & apparently at the time it was taboo for pregnant women to be seen in public! I honestly never knew this, how shocking. Highly recommend giving the series a watch if you haven’t already. Xx
She missed skipped Parliament when she was pregnant (with Andrew and Edward).

Reactions: 2
According to Stuart Higgins, Sun royal reporter, then editor, Camilla Parker-Bowles called him every week for 10 years, from 1982-92, to discuss the Wales marriage with him and to suss out if the press knew about her afffair with Charles.
He spoke to Sally Bedell Smith, a respectable royal biographer, quoted by the well-connected editor Tina Brown in her Diana Chronicles book.
Then Camilla hired Marc Bolland, or got Charles to, on the advice of her divorce lawyer. Bolland's job was to restore her reputation, get her married, and named Queen Consort. (Semi-reliable Robert Jobson, a Charles partisan, writes that William hated Bolland.)
Camilla Parker-Bowles has been working the press for 40 plus years. I have no doubt she is on it now.
Amazon product

View attachment 1595089
View attachment 1595093
If that’s true, I raise my glass. She is a real badass and came through. PC would be lucky, because she could sell everything and everyone.

Reactions: 7
I’m watching Elizabeth and Margaret: Love & Loyalty on netflix, very moving. Showing footage of Elizabeth becoming a first time mother & it dawned on me that we’ve never seen a photo of her pregnant. I looked it up & apparently at the time it was taboo for pregnant women to be seen in public! I honestly never knew this, how shocking. Highly recommend giving the series a watch if you haven’t already. Xx
There are a few pictures of her pregnant but yes it was very rare to see a woman showing at that time.
BC30C77F-802D-44A9-B9A4-27D9DEEAC4EF.jpeg
1F14E205-442E-47F5-8B6A-2B05896EAB63.jpeg
D71C1C42-1AE6-4BF5-952D-1E5C8F283DCB.jpeg
B297C5BD-8BA8-41ED-A377-08EB7F10033F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I agree that William gave Knauf his blessing to go public but I don't think that Knauf lied for him.

He got it sometime after he married. There are pictures of him with it and the gold braid too. Then he lost the position as aide de camp to the Queen when he stopped being a working royal so isn't allowed to wear it anymore. I believe that Harry and Meghan leaked that story to the press themselves and I think it was fairly petty of them when Charles broke the rules to allow him to wear his uniform in the first place. It was bad form to be causing drama in the press like that anyway in the run up to the funeral. I think that story only came out on Sunday so the day before the funeral. The story of him meeting William while driving in Windsor was in the same article and I doubt William was the one telling the press about it.
Thank you, I stand corrected, it was indeed the 13th of October 2018, just after their wedding.

Reactions: 2
There's a royal engagements calendar on their site.

But most of the time it shows a few events a month, currently all empty now (understandable although next week the mourning ends and there's still nothing listesd). https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements

You hear stories of Anne doing 500 engagements a year as the workhorse of the family, but does she really? So few are ever listed. Back in early aug just three events listed for the whole family https://web.archive.org/web/20220802103157/https://www.royal.uk/future-engagements
Not all engagements are official royal engagements. Some of it is their own patronage work etc. No tv cameras or press releases necessary

Reactions: 4
Quick one: are there any out/confirmed gay or bi Royal Family members. Statistical they can't all be straight!

I remember my late mother (The late Queen's generation) saying that using the word pregnant was not suitable. You had to say, expecting a baby! How times have changed.
Yeah my mother (who would have turned 87 today) was a bit funny about the word 'pregnant'. To the point that it took me a while myself to start saying it. (Catholic 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 9
From the start I said they would have 2 kids and get divorced after 5 years (similar to Andrew & Fergie!). However, now he's given the royal life up I'm not so sure. They will probably last a bit longer but she's been divorced before and he normally prefers blondes, so I'm sure some blonde in America might catch his eye! He'll probably stay in US though to still see his kids. I think she'd love to be President one day though, so still needs a supportive husband!

I was reading the other day that even before she was Queen and after Charles was born he would be in the country with his two Nannies and the Queen and Philip would be in London during the week then go down to see Charles at the weekend. But I think that's just how the aristocracy were/are?

Then when she became Queen her and Philip went off for a 9 month tour leaving Charles and Anne at home with her mother and the great grandmother and the nannies. They were even away for Christmas once. I can see why they may have come across as distant parents.
As a former nanny yes that was pretty much the norm back then for the Aristocracy, the Royal Family were pretty Victorian still in their attitude at that time. However Royal nannies did tend to stay many years (decades!) with their charges and were basically mother replacements the children forming very deep bonds.

It's still a bit like that now a days, the only coming to see the kids at the weekend still happens but you need to remember many of these people were raised by in the nursery with nanny then went onto boarding school.

Not all engagements are official royal engagements. Some of it is their own patronage work etc. No tv cameras or press releases necessary
Thanks I thought that might be the case. Although if they want to show how hard they work I'd think it's better to list every engagement even if there's no cameras. Otherwise 95% of it people have no idea about.

Next week they're apparently back to work. But the engagements for all 20ish royals is totally empty for the rest of the year.

Thanks I thought that might be the case. Although if they want to show how hard they work I'd think it's better to list every engagement even if there's no cameras. Otherwise 95% of it people have no idea about.

Next week they're apparently back to work. But the engagements for all 20ish royals is totally empty for the rest of the year.
I think its empty because they might all be doing different things now. I also think that the reason that not all engagements are listed is for security reasons.

Reactions: 3

I guess they will have to move some about to cover the time they’ve been doing none and share them out for the new responsibilities.

How did you find it? I can’t seem to find it anywhere!
I couldn’t either! Then randomly it popped up on tik tok, someone had added it there. Obviously in about 15 parts 🤣 search Harry and Meghan interview and it might pop up

Reactions: 1
I think that's more likely. After all the lies were exposed it made her look like a poor interviewer for not questioning them a bit more in the first place.
It's literally on every torrent site out there. You can't scrub anything from the internet now. She may have her lawyers on it so that it's not on anything like YouTube. It's probably on whatever streaming site has her back catalogue

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.