The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's an estimate, not a true figure at all. More people watched the Euro final in the UK for example.
The BBC have said that the true figure can’t be worked out yet. The figure so far doesn’t include streaming, and the figures don’t include the 100’s of collective viewings that happened in churches, cinemas etc.

The estimate is that it was actually higher than the Euros :)

Reactions: 6
Harry did do exactly what Diana and Charles did though. But Charles was maybe even worse because was heir to the throne!
There was a legal case of 3 counts of harrassment against one of the Royal Advisors. He was bullying Meghan. And Harry was upset that no one would do anything about it because as discussed here, the "firm" had more power than the institution. What I think everyone gathered from the interview, and which is less highlighted for some reason, was that Harry was upset that no one was doing anything to protect his wife and child from the advisor or from the press, but they did everything they could to protect other people. Which we can take to mean his uncle Andrew. If my family wouldn't step up when my partner was being harasssed at work AND in the press but they tried their best to support a weirdo, I would want to to set the record straight too.

Charles had an autobiography ghost written in which he said the queen was a bad mother. Like, ouch.

Edit: p e a d o autochanges to weirdo. Interesting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
About 1/2th of the UK watched it and about 1/5th of Australia watched it. It's expected to be a bit higher once streaming is accounted for, but not much. The idea that over 60% of people on the planet watched it is ridiculous.

This whole 4 billion figure was just someone plucking a figure out of thin air, then someone else uped the ante to 5 billion.

Yes it made headlines world wide but you can't really conclude anyone that watched the news that day or read a news website and saw a clip or photo of it really watched the funeral.

It is so strange that in our "age of information" so much stuff that's clearly bullshit spreads.

Reactions: 16
Harry did do exactly what Diana and Charles did though. But Charles was maybe even worse because was heir to the throne!
There was a legal case of 3 counts of harrassment against one of the Royal Advisors. He was bullying Meghan. And Harry was upset that no one would do anything about it because as discussed here, the "firm" had more power than the institution. What I think everyone gathered from the interview, and which is less highlighted for some reason, was that Harry was upset that no one was doing anything to protect his wife and child from the advisor or from the press, but they did everything they could to protect other people. Which we can take to mean his uncle Andrew. If my family wouldn't step up when my partner was being harasssed at work AND in the press but they tried their best to support a weirdo, I would want to to set the record straight too.

Charles had an autobiography ghost written in which he said the queen was a bad mother. Like, ouch.

Edit: p e a d o autochanges to weirdo. Interesting.
I bet Charles regrets that now - he seemed to get closer to his mother as they got older. I think he said that at a time when the Queen wasn't as beloved as she has been for the past while. She wasn't the little old lady then. It proves what prince Philip said about the RF giving interviews about themselves - it never works out well for them. It's remembered forever more even though they might change their minds a year later.
I think Harry was referring more to William and Kate than Andrew when he talked about people being protected.

I've never heard about a legal case for harassment of Meghan by a royal advisor. Where did you see that?

Reactions: 13
I agree and I know everyone loved the Paddington sketch but it was so unlike her how she acted and behaved (almost child like) previously that I thought then something wasn't quite right.

I know Camilla talked of her lovely smile but to be honest I used to think she rarely smiled that much and the only time I saw her smile properly or look really happy is when she was around horses!
Camilla was most likely around her a lot.more than you to see her smile to be fair!

Reactions: 9
I've never heard about a legal case for harassment of Meghan by a royal advisor. Where did you see that?
It was reported last summer and as a result the royal staff underwent training and a refreshment of procedures around conduct. Mad to think it's like any work place.

There was also a guy who still works with Kate that put complaints in about Meghan bullying him which somehow leaked (i mean he obviously leaked it). Jason Knauf I think was his name.

Reactions: 3
Em_gardener said:
It proves what prince Philip said about the RF giving interviews about themselves - it never works out well for them. It's remembered forever more even though they might change their minds a year later.
This is it. He shouldn't have done the interview because he saw how much hurt his mothers caused behind the scenes. But I understand him wanting to be like his mother and do things in her honour because of how she was treated. I'm also glad he did the interview because I love the drama. If there was no drama, I wouldn't give a hoot about the RF tbh😅🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It's interesting, the Diana conspiracies are getting a second wind (if they ever disappeared?) amongst the young on socials, maybe they're not fatigued by them like most of us who lived it. My algorithm is throwing up one Diana vid after another, including her Bashir interview were she said she felt the top job would bring enormous limitations to Charles.
Ah dear oh.

So people are claiming it's a ghost speaking?

Because someone couldn't possibly have added it in order to make a video go viral?! 😐
Yes, they're saying its definitely the ghost of Diana 😂 quite bonkers when you read the comments.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It was reported last summer and as a result the royal staff underwent training and a refreshment of procedures around conduct. Mad to think it's like any work place.

There was also a guy who still works with Kate that put complaints in about Meghan bullying him which somehow leaked (i mean he obviously leaked it). Jason Knauf I think was his name.
Are you sure? I've never heard of this and Google isn't coming up with anything either. I feel like if a royal advisor was actually bullying Meghan we'd have heard an awful lot more about it.

Jason Knauf gave evidence in court when Meghan sued the Mail on Sunday. He was the reason she had to admit to 'misremembering' giving info to the authors of Finding Freedom. I think the palace leaked the bullying allegations against Meghan in response to the Oprah interview.

Reactions: 12
I'm surprised they needed to announce the Queens death at all, given the amount of posts I've read on various forums, including here, where people are all knowledgeable and confident and privy to the information that she died several hours earlier, even knowing before Harry did 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Speaking of Diana, YouTube served me up this video. It's hard to believe so much time has past since Diana was with her children at Thorpe park wearing a jacket that Micheal Jackson gave her!

I've got mixed feelings on it, but did make me laugh all the praise she gets for queueing like a member of the public. It's such basic PR. Holly and Phil would have had so much good press if they'd queued and on that day they might have "only" had a 6 hour wait. It would have been very much worth the time investment to reap future rewards, as Beckham is enjoying.

• Haha
It is so strange that in our "age of information" so much stuff that's clearly bullshit spreads.
Our media don’t question things as much these days because the engagement is more important. Still, you get what you deserve.

Reactions: 7
I bet Charles regrets that now - he seemed to get closer to his mother as they got older. I think he said that at a time when the Queen wasn't as beloved as she has been for the past while. She wasn't the little old lady then. It proves what prince Philip said about the RF giving interviews about themselves - it never works out well for them. It's remembered forever more even though they might change their minds a year later.
I think Harry was referring more to William and Kate than Andrew when he talked about people being protected.

It’s been fairly well established in various books by ex-Bodyguards and all manner of Royal commentators that their relationship was … up and down … and probably not as close as Royal PR would have people believe

So yeah, usual rules apply … don’t believe half of what you read.

Reactions: 6
Do we think the brothers were as close growing up as we're led to believe or was there a little resentment?

Reactions: 1
Just gone out in to the yard at work and the big cardboard cut out of the queen is sitting in a cage to go back to the warehouse for recycling, just made me a bit sad 😔

• Sad
Do we think the brothers were as close growing up as we're led to believe or was there a little resentment?
oooh, permission to Witchellate :D

I’d go for Harry feeling peeved that he was used to shield William and William feeling peeved that Harry had more freedom.

Reactions: 24
I don't know. I think there's bound to have been resentments and issues as they grew up (like all siblings) but the fact that they then went on to work together only made things worse. I couldn't work with my siblings without fighting I don't think. I think they were close but there must have been a bit of rivalry there too. Most people grow up and move away from their family to a degree - different jobs, new city, different sets of friends - but they were always kind of stuck together. Whenever Harry, William and Kate were out as a threesome then Harry and Kate seemed closer. They were always giggling together.

Reactions: 10
I think they were close and William, Harry and Kate were always together. Harry said Kate was the sister he always wanted. When George was born Harry said he was glad it pushed him further down the succession line.

I think William must have had some small bit of resentment that Harry got more freedom as he wasn’t heir.

I liken them to my husband and his brother who were very close as grew up without their mother but then the brother married a woman whose a bloody nightmare and my husband doesn’t like her and it pushed him and his brother apart, so now they barely see each other. I expect it happens in a lot of families!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.