The Royal Family #27

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
King Charles admitted in an interview that he wasn't very happy kid, especially while he was in Gordonstoun school. He was writing letters to his parents that remained unanswered.

So he did something similar to Harry, he spilled family tea. Funny how he has never been harshly criticized by the royalists.
Yes in defence of Harry both his parents did the same. Diana to Martin Bashir and Charles to Johnathan Dimbleby.

I think Diana used William as an emotional crutch offer whereas Harry probably had a more idolised view of his mother.

Reactions: 12
Thank you Australia for one of the best moments of the mourning period!! Https ://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-family/2022/09/19/who-australian-tv-fails-recognise-liz-truss/

Feel free to ignore these questions but I would love to have an insiders view on how Australia has reacted to the death. Has it been reported on much? Are most people in favour of Monarch v Republic? Do you think the death of HMTQ will make a difference?
Yes it has been widely broadcast. The day of the funeral (our Monday) we had an all day broadcast from early until the end of service at Windsor (early hours of Tuesday morning) We haven’t had a live non stop broadcast prior however most people with pay tv can access BBC and other international channels whenever they want. I actually feel a bit lost in the sense of not knowing what I’ll watch now the broadcast is over.

I don’t know what the split would be but I think there’s probably equally as many for the monarch as there is pushing for a republic. Hopefully this isn’t taken in an offensive way but we have had a lot of noise regarding the indigenous Australians criticising those of us sad and mourning as they feel that QEII could and should have done more to fix/apologise for the effects of colonisation and stolen generation however the Queen cannot be solely held accountable for that (in my opinion). It is all very political for some people.

Of course we also have the extreme die hard fans that are completely consumed and obsessed with the royals. Most feel similar in that the Queen was like a grandma to everyone and we’ve all grown up with her.

Personally I think most people are willing to give Charles a chance and I believe what a poster said earlier that most people want to see William as King.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
After the sad 10 days of HMQ mourning we sadly lost my father in law today due to a fall a couple of weeks ago which resulted in him contracting pneumonia.

Your comments today have given me a little bit of humour through the emotions we are feeling today (and especially after yesterday) so thank you 😊
So sorry for your loss. Awful that pneumonia often sets in when the elderly have a fall.

• Heart
Aussie here, hello!
The reaction has been mixed I would say. It’s definitely reported on ALOT. Our major tv channel has had almost constant coverage for the day of the funeral, all day right up until the funeral started at 7pm our time and continued til 2am. Also the day she died one of our National tv channels had pretty much 24 hours of coverage about it.
But I think people here fall into 2 groups, the older more traditional generation that do feel genuine sadness, then the younger generations who feel either indifference (because she was 96 after all, it wasn’t a shock), or those who have ill feelings against the Queen and what she stood for. I won’t speak on behalf of the indigenous community as I would rather hear from them, however from what I saw and read online from indigenous leaders and news outlets, the Queen and the monarchy as a whole is despised.
This is very similar to the response in Canada as well.

• Heart
I actually meant how the family, or Charles in particular handle the station. Do as they wish

No, KC did nothing similar to Harry, Harry went on TV while his Grandfather was dying and trashed and lied about the entire RF, especially his father, brother, sister-in-law and his grieving Grandmother. The RF will never forgive him, and rightfully so.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
No, KC did nothing similar to Harry, Harry went on TV while his Grandfather was dying and trashed and lied about the entire RF, especially his father, brother, sister-in-law and his grieving Grandmother. The RF will never forgive him, and rightfully so.
Oh, he did not. Stop over exaggerating. Harry criticised the media and the grey suits in the firm, and specified that his grandparents were wonderful. Charles was very critical of his parents in his biography, so acting like Harry is worse than him with interviews simply isnt true. Plus, the Queen was not grieving anything when they recorded the interview.
For you to say the RF will never forgive him simply isn’t accurate. Both sides have things they need to forgive, mistakes they have made. The way the family treats the spares really seems to cause suffering and will hopefully end for future generations. We are not part of that family, we don’t know what they think and we are not one of them. Unless you hear it straight from their mouths, it’s speculation.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have said before but they (royals) knew she had passed before getting on planes. Most of London knew by 3pm. I have heard from several sources through my work (financial sector) as various meetings etc were either planned or cancelled immediately.
Didn’t she die around 4:30PM though? Which can easily mean it was clear she won’t make it at 3PM.

RE: TV numbers. There has been all day coverage on tv in various nations (and not all Commonwealth), sometimes with several tv separate stations, plus livestreams by national tv station players online. They had their own commentators and such. Depending how those numbers are accumulated you can easily get the 5bn. If you count every original(don’t know the korrekt English term) click on such coverage with a 30sec frame to stay on the site for example.

The RF sometimes hates, sometimes utilities leaks. Which, interestingly, is the same game H&M are playing. Their circle of friends is leakier than a sponge. And while I think it was fair game to step back and say, that they would have preferred a different (fka still royal but less senior position) set up, that they found living in the royal sphere as it is too hard and they had ambitions for things that just weren’t a go as royals, maybe even that they need some healthy distance to maintain a relationship with the family or that the royal business puts a strain on family relations, or other more emotional stuff- what they said though was putting all the blame on others, starting the rather undignified “who is the racist” game (which they immediately had to correct to not PP or HMTQ), spouting stuff that was quickly proven completely BS (three days earlier is just a crappy mocking phrase as can’t sweat nowadays) and all in all an over privileged couple complaining they were so hard done by. They looked so bad. A husband that started a mental health campaign in 2016 that was completely helpless and ashamed with his wife’s suffering (I mean not that problems were to be expected with such a quick and massive life change????)? The delusion of comparing them to the hype and death of his mother? Whining they had to pay for their own security and living accommodations (maybe a 10 bedroom villa would have fit the bill better then)? That was real PP maybe have to stop playing polo tit- that didn’t go down well either. In retrospect it has never worked if one of them sat down for such an interview.
And people hadn’t forgotten that they never actually intended to step back from royal life. They would have happily continued to suffer the racism, mean family, the mental health struggles if they had gotten their own version of things. Just look at the several updates they had to make to their exit statement. The hypocrisy is astonishing. They bargained hard and lost and threw a fit afterwards. Sore losers for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
After the sad 10 days of HMQ mourning we sadly lost my father in law today due to a fall a couple of weeks ago which resulted in him contracting pneumonia.

Your comments today have given me a little bit of humour through the emotions we are feeling today (and especially after yesterday) so thank you 😊
My sincere condolences to you xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Didn’t she die around 4:30PM though? Which can easily mean it was clear she won’t make it at 3PM.
I think Liz Truss said she was told at 4.30pm so just have been a bit before that.
• When Charles and Camilla pass away, they will both be buried alongside the Queen and Prince Philip. Their names will be added to the stone.
I didn’t think there was room for more coffins in the vault. That was why Margaret was cremated as she didn’t want to be buried alone but a coffin wouldn’t fit.

I think Liz Truss said she was told at 4.30pm so just have been a bit before that.

I didn’t think there was room for more coffins in the vault. That was why Margaret was cremated as she didn’t want to be buried alone but a coffin wouldn’t fit.
I believe she passed a little after 2:30pm

Margaret wanted to be between her mum & dad and there wasn’t much room so she chose cremation so she could fit

Reactions: 5
Regarding the ITV/weird voice thing. Someone’s shown a video of them watching it on ITV player. It’s 100% real. Timestamp 4 hours, 27 minutes and 65 seconds

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It's interesting that, although they got cancer, it was either through their own lifestyle choices or due to old age. If Margaret hadn't smoked, or her father hadn't smoked, or the Queen mother wasn't a raging alcoholic, would they have lived into very old age. The Queen didn't smoke, and she didn't drink excessively or much at all and lived until 96. Maybe their genetics should be studied.
The Queen Mother was over 100 when she died

There is no way those numbers are accurate. That’s almost the entire tv watching population of the world! I’d be super curious as to the actual numbers.
It's an estimate, not a true figure at all. More people watched the Euro final in the UK for example.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.