The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agreeable, but realistically sooner or later the two will be doing probably the most royal duties without much choice. I can excuse them being a bit 'down-low' now, but to excuse other Royals who don't do anything is honestly hard since we're still very much paying for most of them.

Granted, I don't have much opinion of how much 'burden' it all really is, but I imagine the media attention is a big part of it, though I suppose the lifestyle balances it out nicely depending on how secretive you can be about where you go and what you do
The fact that they will more than likely be forced to do more by the Queen or Charles just shows how lazy they are. I never got people excusing them for not doing much. Especially that the other senior royals are getting on a bit.

Also, for everyone saying that Megan was calculated etc. and Kate isnt needs their heads examined - there are all sorts of stories about her mother and her playing the long game with William.

Reactions: 15
Meghan was caught on camera being rude at the garden party. She didn’t follow protocol, walked in front of Charles, accepted gifts meant for others, was heard saying it was boring and photographed with her tongue out. Charles had her and Harry removed.
Plus one of the flunkies handed her a gift of some sort and she practically threw it at someone else in disgust.

I stand my personal impression that she's a bleeping bleep.

I started liking Harry and Megan when they started distancing themselves from the RF 😂

Im not a huge royalist. I like the fact we have a Queen and I do like her and Charles. I like Anne too. But I think the RF need to be reduced in size.
I agree with a RF consisting only of the direct-in-line - everyone else can bugger off.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I think its been said many times but I think that meghan though being a princess meant travelling around in golden coaches with everybody hanging off her every word. She didn't the realise that the job is boring as hell - having to open a sewerage plant in the middle of nowhere on a wet Wednesday afternoon. Plus there's also the issue of protocol. She would always need to walk behind the Queen and Phillip, Charles and Camilla, William and Kate and I dont think that sat well with her.

There's footage where the RF are together at an engagement. The Queen stops to look at medals - Charles, Camilla, William and Kate all stop and follow the Queen. Harry and Megan stride on past them and try to make their entrance to the venue they're all going to. The flunkeys stop them and they have to stand and wait for the rest of the family. Harry knows the protocol - I suspect Meghan knew it as well but wanted to make the grand entrance.

But to me there's an irony that Harry has been the spare and played second fiddle to William all his life. Now he's playing second fiddle to his actress wife. Frying pan - fire!!!

Reactions: 23
I imagine she gives less of a tit then Piers Morgan and Co. like to make out
I agree with you. Piers has appointed himself as her spokesman. I wish she was allowed to chop off his head.

Exactly - I think Kate has been friendly to Meghan. And H and M have left them high and dry.
Wasn’t it Meghan who was rumoured to have leaked the Rose Hanbury story to her friend Lainey. I don’t blame Kate if she then distanced herself from Meghan.
Did she really that's interesting. Although I guess if W hadnt had an affair there wouldn't have been anything to leak... So is W in the wrong for doing it or M for leaking it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Did she really that's interesting. Although I guess if W hadnt had an affair there wouldn't have been anything to leak... So is W in the wrong for doing it or M for leaking it.
[/QUOTE]

I had heard that MM invented the affair and 'leaked' it to her friend?

• Wow
Reactions: 7
If there was an affair of course that was wrong, but it is also wrong to leak it. Why would you? I mean I get telling the one that gets cheated. Ideally the two people in the relationship would see if they can make up or split. Telling others brings no help to the people involved at all, it is only damaging. And it is extremely hurtful to the cheated partner as well. How embarrassed Kate must have felt if the rumours are true. As if knowing it privately isn’t bad enough. I think having an affair and leaking are both breaking the trust people set in you. My initial thought was the affair is worse, but the longer I think about it I think both actions are as bad as each other but come from different sentiments.

I definitely see PP holding out till shortly before the interview will air. Just to go with a last extra sass. He made it this far, I would very much wish him to see his family gather for his birthday- maybe taking rounds (he and HMTQ and I think Charles and Camilla are vaccinated by now) and to die happy and in good health in his sleep or just break down dead on a nice walk. But, that’s what I would wish almost anyone. He has been in the hospital a lot (or rather surprisingly few visits for his age) and for longer- wasn’t it weeks last summer? So I maintain hope he will walk out of there again.

Now, Andrew. I don’t get why people still bring him up in comparison to H&M? I think everyone is in agreement about him. His actions and their lack of DO harm the BRF. I get why there is no action though. Stripping him will confirm that he is guilty, and as long as there is no court convicting him the BRF won’t either. It still looks extremely bad, and yes H&M are far far way from his level. But people would like to see all sorts of members loose their privilege. H&M are just two of them. And while the others have seen the writing in the wall and toned it down, those two push themselves into the public light. I get why they do it (they need the attention to support their endeavours) but it also reminds people about what is wrong about the BRF. And because they are making the headlines, they are the ones that get discussed.

I think the BRF was caught by surprise last year and wanted the 12months to see what H&M were to do and if there was a way to incorporate them again but also to buy themselves time to watch the public opinion and sort out all sorts of endings. I think when they realised that H&M were not willing to accept their terms it was pretty much clear that everything that could go without much action would. Harry might have believed till the end that Granny would put him before the system but he could have known the second it was clear this was permanently.
Iirc the pregnancy has been rumoured for a while (I am surprised how accurate those leaks were this time) and my personal conspiracy theory is that they wanted to announce during the interview. Great stage and it would give the tabloids a more interesting headline than “H&M bad mouthing the elderly Queen while her almost 100year old love of her life is to die in hospital”. But the interview was leaked and they had to bring out their own spin quickly and as positive as possible. Sadly, PP’s health took a course for the worse (now, did it?? 🧐🤔🤭) and this buried some of their headlines but also stole their thunder a bit. The Palace realised that announcing that they are out and cut loose from their retaining bonds AFTER the interview would look petty and mean so they announced it beforehand. I think if they could have, the would have wanted to announce BEFORE the interview was common knowledge. Sadly, PP’s health will continue to take the focus (why do I feel it’s awfully convenient???).
The BRF reminds me of the monarchical family of Europe in the early 20th century. Loving family ties, letters, having tea or a nice chat at a ball but at the same time being enemies at war (for a long time away from Europe, till it couldn’t be avoided anymore). Many letters show that they felt torn between family and national duty and an interesting mindset in why you have to be at war even though you prefer not to. It could be quite similar on a small scale. I can totally see them having a monthly family zoom call. All chatting and having fun, only to fight over the business side or honorary titles the next Monday.

Can you imagine the headlines if PP dies just after the Oprah show. It will be Meghan killed him not he was an old man on his last legs.

Reactions: 9
Uff, their statement did not go down will with the newspapers judging by the articles this morning. Rude, self-serving, ignorant, disrespectful to TQ... they probably issued it in haste (maybe also in retaliation?).
It would have been better for them not to say anything at all.
I wonder what will happen after the interview has been aired.

And why has there been only one podcast episode so far? It bothers me... who releases a podcast and then only does one holiday episode? Ridiculous.

Reactions: 6
Yeah wow I thought the two statements couldn’t have been further apart.

I was disappointed in how snippy and immature M&H statement sounded.

Reactions: 9
I don't have any great liking for H&M but the vitriol sent their way is off the scale. I don't blame them for wanting to leave the royals, absolutely toxic family. The Daily Mail this morning sounds unhinged in its coverage, you'd think they'd just lost a court case against Meghan or something 😏

Reactions: 19
Well I've got to say the royal markle show has kept me entertained during this pandemic!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Eugenie has named her baby August. I have to laugh at most peoples pronunciation of Eugenie, including my own.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I don't have any great liking for H&M but the vitriol sent their way is off the scale. I don't blame them for wanting to leave the royals, absolutely toxic family. The Daily Mail this morning sounds unhinged in its coverage, you'd think they'd just lost a court case against Meghan or something 😏
The stuff on twitter and Instagram is off the scale. People really need to get a sense of perspective and anger management (looking at you Piers Morgan).

I don't think August was the first choice, apparently the queen rejected the first name.

• Wow
I checked and there is no Prince August.
Is anyone in the Brooksbank Family named August?
He could not have been conceived in August. Was this the month Eugenie and Jack had met?
They should have offered an explanation

I was certain that Philip would be the first or middle name.

Yeah wow I thought the two statements couldn’t have been further apart.

I was disappointed in how snippy and immature M&H statement sounded.
they should have not said anything! It was clear there would have been a backlash

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.