The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I like the name, and love the Philip inclusion. I also love the fact her midwife took the pictures, they look really happy. The timing is great too!

Reactions: 11
Friend of a friend works for the BBC and they’re getting told to get royal death procedures ready he says so it seems Phillip may be gone soon.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
August can be used as a boy’s name - I mean there’s a German actor called August Diehl but it’s pronounced differently to how English speakers would say August. I’m not sure if it’s based on any German heritage or if they just thought it was a nice name. To me it sounds more feminine but I’m actually glad they haven’t trotted out the same old names like the British Royals usually do.

Reactions: 3
Hawke? I bet she wanted that as the first name.
Eugenie and Jack seem ok, I think she is very close to Granny.

Reactions: 2
Beatrice was born in August so could that be part of the reason? A nice nod to Prince Philip

August can be used as a boy’s name - I mean there’s a German actor called August Diehl but it’s pronounced differently to how English speakers would say August. I’m not sure if it’s based on any German heritage or if they just thought it was a nice name. To me it sounds more feminine but I’m actually glad they haven’t trotted out the same old names like the British Royals usually do.
Is it short for Augustus or Augustine?

It is of Latin origin, Roman emperors were named August, and was common in Poland and Germany for a while. I find it a bit stiff and old-fashioned.
The Zuckerberg baby girl is also called August.

Friend of a friend works for the BBC and they’re getting told to get royal death procedures ready he says so it seems Phillip may be gone soon.
Surely that's just standard protocol every time he goes into hospital?

Reactions: 6
It is of Latin origin, Roman emperors were named August, and was common in Poland and Germany for a while. I find it a bit stiff and old-fashioned.
The Zuckerberg baby girl is also called August.
I think it's suits a girl more than a boy you wouldn't call a boy June would you?

Reactions: 1
I wouldn't personally call a male OR female child of mine August but I actually really like it, presumably will be Gus for short.

Reactions: 5
There is a book called 'wonder' about a boy with a facial disfugurement. Maybe she liked it from that, and it resonated with her maybe because of her scoliosis? Does the Queen need to approve names of children so far down the line? I thought Archie was the lowest down she would have to approve? What's his full name? I have a Daily Mail blocker on my computer!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
There is a book called 'wonder' about a boy with a facial disfugurement. Maybe she liked it from that, and it resonated with her maybe because of her scoliosis? Does the Queen need to approve names of children so far down the line? I thought Archie was the lowest down she would have to approve? What's his full name? I have a Daily Mail blocker on my computer!
It is also a movie with Julia Roberts.

August Philip Hawke Brookbank

Reactions: 1
Wouldn’t they need to keep this confidential?
I work for a local council doing social media and we have been told be aware that there is a protocol for our feeds in the event of a royal death, there will be posts prepared that we all have to post and other posts should be held back.

Shhhhiiiiittttt

But not surprising. He wouldn't be in the hospital mid pandemic unless it was bad.

Poor Liz, having to deal with these two toddlers, knowing that her husband was close to the end.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.