The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder why TQ took away their patronages six weeks early. The review period is up end of March... There must be a reason for this.
I believe it has something to do with the Oprah interview. So she wanted to cut ties properly before it aired.

But I wonder why she didn't take the titles. There must also be a reason for this.
AFAIK taking away the titles isn't easy (would likely take parliament) and would put the rest of the aristocracy at unease as well. It would set a precedent and no one wants that. The question would also arise where does it stop and imply that titles are given and taken on whims, because as much as the Sussexes may have upset the family, none of what they've done is truly enough to take away the titles. Treason is a reason, leaving the RF and seeking commercial pastures and blabbing isn't really enough.

Harry has been unhappy for years and they put out that leaving was Harry's idea primarily and he considered it before, which isn't too hard to believe, but that also means they should've refused the titles offered upon marriage, because Liz asked are they in or out, if out no titles, if in usual fanfare. Well..

The likelihood of the titles being taken away is near nil, I'd say pigs'll fly sooner.
Like I wrote, because this isn't just about the 2, but would set a precedent and implications upon the whole system and that's simply not happening.

In terms of transgressions, Andy is the first in line who'd deserve to be stripped.

The loss of HRH is different, that only requires letters patent and I think it'd be for the best that the Ssexes and Andy be stripped of their HRHs and to limit the HRH further (e.g. only consorts and heirs).

Edit: So the review happened (as it was supposed to) and early at that. I agree, I think the fact that the Oprah inteview is set to happen in March with allegedly no limits in terms of questions had Liz act sooner than initially planned. Interestingly, the patronages have known and put out statements shortly after BP. The writing was on the wall anyway, it's not really news, it's just finally official.

Reactions: 12
I wonder why TQ took away their patronages six weeks early. The review period is up end of March... There must be a reason for this.
I believe it has something to do with the Oprah interview. So she wanted to cut ties properly before it aired.

But I wonder why she didn't take the titles. There must also be a reason for this.
AFAIK taking away the titles isn't easy (would likely take parliament) and would put the rest of the aristocracy at unease as well. It would set a precedent and no one wants that. The question would also arise where does it stop and imply that titles are given and taken on whims, because as much as the Sussexes may have upset the family, none of what they've done is truly enough to take away the titles. Treason is a reason, leaving the RF and seeking commercial pastures and blabbing isn't really enough.

Harry has been unhappy for years and they put out that leaving was Harry's idea primarily and he considered it before, which isn't hard too believe, but that also means they should've refused the titles offered upon marriage, because Liz asked are they in or out, if out no titles, if in usual fanfare. Well..

The likelihood of the titles being taken away is near nil, I'd say pigs'll fly sooner.
Like I wrote, because this isn't just about the 2, but would set a precedent and implications upon the whole system and that's simply not happening.

In terms of transgressions, Andy is the first in line who'd deserve to be stripped.

The loss of HRH is different, that only requires letters patent and I think it'd be for the best that the Ssexes and Andy be stripped of their HRHs and to limit the HRH further (e.g. only consorts and heirs).

Edit: So the review happened (as it was supposed to) and early at that. I agree, I think the fact that the Oprah inteview is set to happen in March with allegedly no limits in terms of questions had Liz act sooner than initially planned. Interestingly, the patronages have known and put out statements shortly after BP. The writing was on the wall anyway, it's not really news, it's just finally official.
thanks for your detailed view on this, yes, it makes sense

Reactions: 3
I started liking Harry and Megan when they started distancing themselves from the RF 😂

Im not a huge royalist. I like the fact we have a Queen and I do like her and Charles. I like Anne too. But I think the RF need to be reduced in size.

Reactions: 14
I started liking Harry and Megan when they started distancing themselves from the RF 😂

Im not a huge royalist. I like the fact we have a Queen and I do like her and Charles. I like Anne too. But I think the RF need to be reduced in size.
I'm the same, I don't mind the Queen, Charles or Anne but I'm not fussed either way about having a RF. None of them are angels. Everyone makes out like the Queen is a saint, and how dare Harry disrespect her, yes she's worked long and hard but she isn't perfect either. Which is fine, no shade - we are all only human, even the Queen of England.

Ohhh to be a fly on the wall in their palaces. I wonder what she genuinely thinks about it and how she feels about Harry.

I was shocked how the Crown portrayed her toward Charles - do you think she was really like that? So cold.

Reactions: 7
I'm the same, I don't mind the Queen, Charles or Anne but I'm not fussed either way about having a RF. None of them are angels. Everyone makes out like the Queen is a saint, and how dare Harry disrespect her, yes she's worked long and hard but she isn't perfect either. Which is fine, no shade - we are all only human, even the Queen of England.

Ohhh to be a fly on the wall in their palaces. I wonder what she genuinely thinks about it and how she feels about Harry.

I was shocked how the Crown portrayed her toward Charles - do you think she was really like that? So cold.
I imagine she gives less of a tit then Piers Morgan and Co. like to make out

Reactions: 6

Charles has spoken in past decades about his upbringing and how cold and distanced it was.
Anne came out to rebut Charles's account, but even siblings raised by the same people in the same house can experience their childhoods vastly differently and knowing what we know, I'm more inclined to believe/side with Charles.

Eg Liz and Phil were gone for months on end on tours and off to Malta, Liz took her childhood nanny with her who'd draw her baths and Phil was annoyed by this, but 6 month old Anne and little Charles stayed in Britain, what I was most surpised about was to see papers (just the other day!) from that time (1950s) and they were openly calling out Liz and Phil for this and branding them terrible parents, my jaw dropped, I wasn't expecting this!
Then Charles's terrible experience at boarding school, him begging to leave, Phil not listening because Charles should "toughen up" and Liz not intervening at all because all family business was up to Phil....

Let's be honest, this is a traumatizing childhood (obvs there was good there as well, wasn't all black all the time).

Reactions: 11
Charles has spoken in past decades about his upbringing and how cold and distanced it was.
Anne came out to rebut Charles's account, but even siblings raised by the same people in the same house can experience their childhoods vastly differently and knowing what we know, I'm more inclined to believe/side with Charles.

Eg Liz and Phil were gone for months on end on tours and off to Malta, Liz took her childhood nanny with her who'd draw her baths and Phil was annoyed by this, but 6 month old Anne and little Charles stayed in Britain, what I was most surpised about was to see papers (just the other day!) from that time (1950s) and they were openly calling out Liz and Phil for this and branding them terrible parents, my jaw dropped, I wasn't expecting this!
Then Charles's terrible experience at boarding school, him begging to leave, Phil not listening because Charles should "toughen up" and Liz not intervening at all because all family business was up to Phil....

Let's be honest, this is a traumatizing childhood (obvs there was good there as well, wasn't all black all the time).
The Queen has never come across as particularly maternal to me, maybe it's because she knew from the day that her uncle abdicated that she would be an heir to the throne, maybe that's just how she's always been. I can imagine her relationship with her kids being as awkward as the episode of The Crown where she had individual meetings with all of them. And as the eldest and the heir, she expected Charles to have the same 'put up and shut up' policy as she lives by.
Not saying it's wrong to not be maternal and physically close with your children, but it clearly did have an impact on Charles, who needed it, in comparison to Anne who is a 2.0 of Philip.

The Queen has never come across as particularly maternal to me, maybe it's because she knew from the day that her uncle abdicated that she would be an heir to the throne, maybe that's just how she's always been. I can imagine her relationship with her kids being as awkward as the episode of The Crown where she had individual meetings with all of them. And as the eldest and the heir, she expected Charles to have the same 'put up and shut up' policy as she lives by.
Not saying it's wrong to not be maternal and physically close with your children, but it clearly did have an impact on Charles, who needed it, in comparison to Anne who is a 2.0 of Philip.
Anne appears to be Philip's favourite while Andrew is Elizabeth's. It definitely fucked up Charles but Edward appears to have escaped relatively unharmed, perhaps because he was so close in age to Andrew and his mother had more time to spare for them. He was also the only one where Philip was at the birth - changing times!

Charles certainly seems to have done not too bad as a dad, possibly due to Diana's influence coupled with doing the opposite to his parents. In fact, his generation of parents seem to have done not too bad in comparison to previous royal parents. Anne, by all accounts, was famously unpretentious, being known at the village nursery as Peter and Zara's mummy when she dropped or collected them.

The Swedish King removed the HRH from his grandchildren not in the direct line of inheritance, also removing them from the Royal House. They retain their titles and are still members of the Royal Family, while being expected to earn their own livings in due course rather than undertake royal duties.

In BRF terms, that would be the Yorks and Wessexes as well as Anne's children as the SRF makes no difference between children of princes and princesses.

That could be a way forward for the BRF.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
The comparison to that episode made me laugh, yes very much so! I think the episode was funny and in ways sad and a good visualization what her parenting is like.

I agree, the problem aside from upbringing were their vastly different characters, Anne is much "harder" and Charles needed a warm, sympathetic parent. As hobby armchair psychologist, I think the lack of parental approval (Liz was cold and Phil not pleased) made Charles into that egotistical whinger who needed constant approval, which he got from queen mum in spades (she always loved the heir most, calculating crone that one), Camilla and the public (till Diana, makes it kinda easier to understand his petty jealousy over popularity). Even today it's stressed in accounts (e.g. Tatler) that Camilla is the only one who knows how to please Charles (i.e. stroke his ego).

So I am sympathetic tbh, when thinking it all over a bit.

Reactions: 8
Totally agree with this, but The Queen wont strip Andrew of his HRH so it would mean she's stripping Harry ( who is in the same position as Andrew-brother of heir to the throne) for not wanting to be a working Royal but wont do it to Andrew for being - well whatever he is.
I think its quite well known that she wasn't the most affectionate of mothers. There are pictures of her shaking Charles' hand when he was about 4 and she hadn't seen him for months. I think he has said she wasn't the most affectionate of mothers. Phil more or less ran the home and he was a disciplinarian and didn't have any truck with sensitivity, especially when it came to his sons.

I'd have to disagree. Its fine not to be maternal, but not to be physically close to your children? Even if you find physical closeness awkward, or you are The Queen, you have a duty to make those children feel loved, and that will obviously include physical closeness. Its part of your job as monarch to bring up the future Head of State to not be totally fucked up, as your subjects have to put up and shut up, so part of your duty is to bring your children up not to be dickheads for the sake of the Kingdom. Anne, I agree is Phil 2.0 . I bet he lavished attention on her because she was so like him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Harry was born a royal
Prince. He’s left the business but not the family so I think it would be messy to take away titles. Also, he is going to be the son of the king of England/commonwealth. It would def throw up Andrews title into the melting pot and I believe Harry could then call himself Prince Henry as he was legally born and that would style Meghan as Princess?
The honourable thing would be for Harry and Meghan to hand back the titles voluntarily but I can’t see that happening.

I do believe the RF will come through all this too - they have survived 1000 years so far.It really will be a sad day when The Queen and Philip go.

Reactions: 5
As I said before, the RF are a toxic family. Toxic families are usually very controlling and everyone has to play a role. The family will do all that they can to keep everyone in line in order to protect the status quo and stop people moving away from their role within the toxic family system. What we are seeing IMO is Harry attempting to break away from his toxic family and them punishing him for daring to do so. It’s an absolute textbook example of how toxic families behave.

I think they are being absolutely bleeping pathetic, especially when as other posters have said, they haven’t stripped Andrew of his titles. Maybe when the Queen dies Harry will be brought back into the fold.

Reactions: 16
I think the royal family are somewhat dunging themselves about what Harry and Meghan will say and really they can say what they please now.
I couldn't imagine being Harry, his parents very public divorce, his parentage being questioned and of course the conspiracy theories around his mothers death. I wouldn't wish it on anyone and all of that is just the tip of the iceberg. I don't think all the privilege would compensate for that.

Reactions: 9
I think they are being absolutely bleeping pathetic, especially when as other posters have said, they haven’t stripped Andrew of his titles. Maybe when the Queen dies Harry will be brought back into the fold.
I don't think so, not as long as William has anything to say about this.
I perceived TQ to be more sympathetic and lenient, agreeing to this unnecessary review period etc. PC might be happy for Harry to come back, but not William. This ship has sailed.

Reactions: 5
Why did him and Wills fall out? Do we know or is it just speculation? I always find it sad when family relationships turn sour.

Reactions: 1
Why did him and Wills fall out? Do we know or is it just speculation? I always find it sad when family relationships turn sour.
There's a rumour that Wills stole money from The Royal charities also Harry found out Wills was cheating on Kate with Rose. Also Wills was particularly harsh about Megan - well that how it was worded in Finding Freedom.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
I think it was over Meghan.

There is also the famous "scarfing" William did to avoid Meghan at the Christmas walk in 2018. She turned to talk to him, he ignored her and readjusted his scarf really diligently for a very long time... basically until they got to the car.

It is being rumoured that William asked Harry whether he rushed the engagement and advised to take more time to get to know Meghan and Harry was offended by that

Reactions: 8
I don't think so, not as long as William has anything to say about this.
I perceived TQ to be more sympathetic and lenient, agreeing to this unnecessary review period etc. PC might be happy for Harry to come back, but not William. This ship has sailed.
Yep I agree. I think its William. He wont bring Harry back into the fold. Both he and Kate have been cold towards Meghan from the start. Even if you hate your brothers wife, you have to welcome her, be there just in case you are proved right and swallow your pride if you are proved wrong. The Queen and Charles always seemed more welcoming to me to Meghan. I agree with G&t. They are a toxic family who are now trying to control the member who has broken away, in case he brings down the whole house of cards by showing how awful and useless the rest of them are. Harry was right. You dont have to be Royal to perform public service. This year should have demonstrated that. None of the Royals have really performed public service in the way ordinary people do every day when they work, or give money or time to charities or help their neighbours for no reward.As a Christian, The Queen should know that.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.