The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there something going on with Prince Philip or the Queen? I was reading daily fail comments re article about persons above !! Some comments are saying it’s going to be the last time they will be in balmoral!!

Michelley2020, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 52 minutes ago
Maybe the final holiday.
New1847
Citybay, Edinburgh, 37 minutes ago
it is
New
Someone has also said said Philip has not long to go?

Last edited:
Is there something going on with Prince Philip or the Queen? I was reading daily fail comments re article about persons above !! Some comments are saying it’s going to be the last time they will be in balmoral!!

Michelley2020, Plymouth, United Kingdom, 52 minutes ago
Maybe the final holiday.
New1847
Citybay, Edinburgh, 37 minutes ago
it is
New
What is going on is that Liz and Phil are 94 and 99 and people think all the time "this is/might be the last X", because of their age it is likely it the last X and one of them will die soonish.

How likely is it that both are alive next summer for the next annual Balmoral holiday?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
What is going on is that Liz and Phil are 94 and 99 and people think all the time "this is/might be the last X", because of their age it is likely it the last X and one of them will die soonish.

How likely is it that both are alive next summer for the next annual Balmoral holdiay?
Yes I understand what your saying!! I never seen comments implying this before they could have been there!! They are saying it’s Philip!! The queen mum lived until 102!! So I’d say Queenie has a few more years yet! Lol

Yes I understand what your saying!! I never seen comments implying this before they could have been there!! They are saying it’s Philip!! The queen mum lived until 102!! So I’d say Queenie has a few more years yet! Lol
Well, the thing is you never know when your time's up.... and with people this old, anything can be that last..

To me people saying this about Liz & Phil isn't new, when the Cambs spent Xmas with the Middletons in Berkshire or the Ssexes away, there were always comments how they are wrong to do this as it might be the last.

These comments have been going for a while.

Reactions: 3
I think nce Liz goes they will all go, if not before. Why would any of the Carribbean Islands have HM as HoS now?
I’ve read online that Barbados are doing this to try to divert attention away from bad government? But regardless, I agree too. Charles being Head of State here has no appeal (for me at least) so for those abroad I would imagine it’s even worse. Plus do they save money? I’m not sure on the finer details.

Reactions: 2
I heard the Barbadian president on the news earlier. Thought she sounded very smart. I can see exactly what she is saying about moving away from the colonial past. Good for her. The other Caribbean islands must surely follow.

Reactions: 10
I heard the Barbadian president on the news earlier. Thought she sounded very smart. I can see exactly what she is saying about moving away from the colonial past. Good for her. The other Caribbean islands must surely follow.
No I dont know much about the Barbadian government. There are Caribbean islands that have the death penalty-Jamaica and maybe some others. Their highest Court of Appeal is the Privy Council in the UK. As we are signatories to the ECHR no court can uphold the death penalty so our courts override theirs. Good for human rights and the people who are sentenced to death, but maybe some of those governments are peed off by things like that.

Reactions: 3
Maybe time for the Queen to retire ! Get her pension at 94:ROFLMAO:😂😂
Other monarchs who have just got too old have done this. I think she should too. I suspect shes just too stuck in her ways and welded to tradition to do that.

Reactions: 4
Other monarchs who have just got too old have done this. I think she should too. I suspect shes just too stuck in her ways and welded to tradition to do that.
Also, thanks to The Queen Mother, she would never do that. She hated Edward, and becoming king essentially killed Bertie, so no, in her mind it’s just not going to happen.

Reactions: 4
She views it as a sacred trust to which she has vowed to dedicate her life. Not really being set in her ways, more her having a strong sense of duty.

Reactions: 6
I know a lot of people say that Prince Harry looks like a young Prince Philip, but I can't see it at all. I do think William looks like a young Philip though. I still Harry is Hewitt's son and Lord Porchester is DEFINITELY Andrew's father. Eugenie looks so like him.
There is definitely a big similarity between Harry and Philip. But oh boy, it must be hard to know how you will look at a 100 years old....
0600B01E-324F-4662-B37F-20CB6846B5A8.jpeg
E9AB4B7B-3A1C-4BC9-8651-766D539502B9.jpeg

I find Eugenie looking a lot like Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. All those cheating rumours- they might very well be true but I don’t believe for a second a pregnancy would have been carried to term. And I am pretty sure it would have been prevented at all costs in the first place. In the end, there are always more people knowing about it and the truth comes out sooner or later. People often feature older generations or aunts/uncles/cousins more than their own parents. You never know what those genes bring up. That’s why brown haired people can have blonde children or why sometimes a surprise red head turns up.

Barbados removing the British monarch surprised me only due to timing. They all will go on and elect their own head of state after about a month of mourning when she dies. That’s why I am so confused they didn’t put more effort on the home turf in the last 5 years already. It’s only started now that the Cambridge’s do more UK engagements. And let’s be real, of course the younger ones draw more attention. That’s just how it is. They should also start mingling more with their European counterparts. The BRF has always been a bit on the outside.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
those cheating rumours- they might very well be true but I don’t believe for a second a pregnancy would have been carried to term. An
Yes this is the part I dont believe. Phil has it good for all his whining but I don't think his pride would have taken bringing up the child of a horse trainer as his own.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.