The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is rumoured in the press that HM wanted her servants in Windsor to create covid bubble and go with her to Norfolk over Christmas thud forcing them to abandon their families.But there has been a peasants revolt and they have refused. The old bag is reported to be angry how very dare they go against her command!!! Good for them apparently they're paid peanuts.
It's a Daily Mail story, but I dont get it. Id have thought they were as Royalist as you get but they have published some incredibly damaging stories- this one and the one about Kate. Or do they literally have no editorial over ' print whatever gets the most comments'
If it's true I'm glad the worms have turned. They are paid peanuts for the ' honour' of working there and apparently last year were given a Tescos Christmas pudding as a bonus!! Noticed it was the cleaners and maintenance staff. The lowest paid and worst treated. I'm sure between them they are capable of rustling up a christmas dinner for 6 😄. Or just stay in the castle she's already at!

Reactions: 13
Oh the Daily Mail will bring all sort of rumours and bad stories about any royal. They are Royalists in that the BRF is a golden goose of never ending headlines. But they all get dragged through the mud from time to time. Sometimes for years before the Mail takes someone else from the bunch as scapegoat. Apart from babies and weddings it’s the tragedies and made up/exaggerated drama that sells. It’s not nice but it’s the truth. That’s why they will be mocked for looks, criticised for laziness/insulting HMTQ or Charles, their expansive lifestyles, how they speak, and and and. Sprinkle in divorce and cheating stories or other family drama.

Reactions: 3
It is rumoured in the press that HM wanted her servants in Windsor to create covid bubble and go with her to Norfolk over Christmas thud forcing them to abandon their families.But there has been a peasants revolt and they have refused. The old bag is reported to be angry how very dare they go against her command!!! Good for them apparently they're paid peanuts.
That surprises me, not the bit about the queen being unreasonable, but because I always expected that the only reason you’d work in the palace for crap money would be because you were an ardent royalist who lived for kissing the hem of the robes of your betters.

Nice to hear that the palace staff have refused!

Reactions: 12
One must realise one's servants have families too ! One must do without or do it yourself..I am sure a few of the princesses can cook....

Reactions: 6
That surprises me, not the bit about the queen being unreasonable, but because I always expected that the only reason you’d work in the palace for crap money would be because you were an ardent royalist who lived for kissing the hem of the robes of your betters.

Nice to hear that the palace staff have refused!
It's the Sandringham staff, I believe. She only started having Christmas at Sandringham because the RL was 'too big' to fit into Windsor Castle. She should stop making it a command performance then; I bet a lot of them would prefer to stay at home with their own families without trekking round to Granny's and having to dress up in tiaras etc for dinner.

Reactions: 9
This seems to have been sorted out by having HM at Winsor but Phil staying at his cottage at Sandringham. They must not be able to stand each other if they go to such lengths not even to be in the same castle together! It's hardly as if they are forced to stay in the same 2 bedroom flat. They could never have to speak from one day to the next
I feel a bit sorry for them. The marriage has clearly been a charade for so long and they are at the end of their lives. Unless Phil wants to spend his last christmas with his girlfriend(s)

Reactions: 5
This seems to have been sorted out by having HM at Winsor but Phil staying at his cottage at Sandringham. They must not be able to stand each other if they go to such lengths not even to be in the same castle together! It's hardly as if they are forced to stay in the same 2 bedroom flat. They could never have to speak from one day to the next
I feel a bit sorry for them. The marriage has clearly been a charade for so long and they are at the end of their lives. Unless Phil wants to spend his last christmas with his girlfriend(s)
Maybe Phil will drive himself over to Windsor Castle !:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: 6

The staff at Windsor Castle who did such a great job saving valuable artwork and artefacts at the time of the fire, were offered a free tour as their reward. Most of them declined.
At Christmas, some staff at BP receive jam from the Palace shop, as the Queen gets a discount on items that haven’t sold well or close to the end of their shelf life.

Maybe Phil will drive himself over to Windsor Castle !:oops:
He’s above the law so it wouldn’t surprise me.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
The staff at Windsor Castle who did such a great job saving valuable artwork and artefacts at the time of the fire, were offered a free tour as their reward. Most of them declined.
At Christmas, some staff at BP receive jam from the Palace shop, as the Queen gets a discount on items that haven’t sold well or close to the end of their shelf life.
That is cheap. :confused:

Reactions: 8
That is cheap. :confused:
They got bulk bought Christmas Puddings from Tesco as a Christmas gift. Not even Fortnums or Harrods! Most of the time I'd say they deserved it for being so subservient. They get treated like crap but still think they are superior to other servants. But that's the butlers etc. The cleaning staff etc who have refused to do the work are probably treating it like any other job.

Reactions: 9
Last Christmas were I work we were given 2 Christmas puddings from Duchess of Cornwall. As there is around 40 of us we put names in the proverbial hat. I was lucky to get one - it was lovely

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Last Christmas were I work we were given 2 Christmas puddings from Duchess of Cornwall. As there is around 40 of us we put names in the proverbial hat. I was lucky to get one - it was lovely
Seriously?

ANd you work for the Royal Family, did I get this correct?

This is beyond “cheap”, it is disrespectful. Get people proper presents or nothing, but not some leftovers

Reactions: 10
Ah ok, so it is a bit differen. Thanks for clarifyin.

How is she in person? Do you like her?
I personally Haven’t met her but when she visited our service which supports people after rape or sexual assault she asked if those attend where given toiletries for a shower after their examination and was told that we couldn’t afford to do that for everyone. So she set up a scheme with Boots ( she pays for it) to make sure that everyone who attend gets a care bag, which is full of toiletries, wash cloth, bobbles, mascara etc to use for their shower and the can take it home. The bags are lovely..

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I personally Haven’t met her but when she visited our service which supports people after rape or sexual assault she asked if those attend where given toiletries for a shower after their examination and was told that we couldn’t afford to do that for everyone. So she set up a scheme with Boots ( she pays for it) to make sure that everyone who attend gets a care bag, which is full of toiletries, wash cloth, bobbles, mascara etc to use for their shower and the can take it home. The bags are lovely..
That's so nice to hear. The press are so hard on her but I've heard she's nice in person.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I've always liked Camilla, so that's lovely to hear.

Reactions: 15
That's so nice to hear. The press are so hard on her but I've heard she's nice in person.
There seem to be nothing but good stories out there about Camilla.
I've really grown to like and she doesn't deserve the shyte she gets.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.