The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I thought Catherine looked fabulous! Wasn’t aware of the poppy representing people or forces so thanks for enlightening me as always.

Reactions: 3
speaking of gossip, Harry & Meghan have recently had the legal action they were taking against the press delayed for a year for “confidenfidential reasons”, seemed serious enough that the other parties have agreed to the delay. Another baby or illness? Hopefully not the latter...

I really like the RF, when it works it works really well. I think the streamlined approach they are going for is a good thing. Imagine President Johnson, or Blair or May etc flying round the world representing us. Or look at how Trump reflects america abroad. The RF can represent a Britain above the changing world of politics. And if anyone thinks a president wouldnt cost a lot to run and wouldnt take full advantage of all the palaces and trappings on offer they are deluded. Blair had delusions of grandeur and Johnson already has repainted a UK version of air force one and will soon have an American style spokesperson.

I'm a big fan of Kate, she conducts herself so well and rises above everything. Plus to me she is stunning. I think people forget how badly treated she and her family were in the early days. I do like William alhough I find him a little colder. However, everyone excuses Harry everything because his Mum died, but William rarely gets the same recognition. People handle grief differently, plus he has added pressure of being king one day.

I like Charles and Camilla a lot, no one was innocent in the whole mess including Diana. I find the sainthood some of her fans put on her very creepy.
diana was 19...Charles was 32. He left her an hour after giving birth to Harry go and play polo. Imo he should have called it off with Camilla as soon as he and Diana were engaged, it wasn’t fair to put her through that but he was too spoilt to think about her feelings. Later she wasn’t innocent and was able to play the press but imagine how you’d feel as a teenager going through all that. Now the pattern repeats with William and his affair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12
I read yesterday in my mum's old lady magazine that the first Christmas Diana and Charles were married, he didn't bother to tell her the family exchange shite joke gifts (for example, before Harry met Megs, Kate gave him a "grow your own girlfriend" kit, and when Wills started balding Harry gave him a comb) so Diana gave Anne a cashmere jumper, and in return Anne gave her a toilet roll.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I read yesterday in my mum's old lady magazine that the first Christmas Diana and Charles were married, he didn't bother to tell her the family exchange shite joke gifts (for example, before Harry met Megs, Kate gave him a "grow your own girlfriend" kit, and when Wills started balding Harry gave him a comb) so Diana gave Anne a cashmere jumper, and in return Anne gave her a toilet roll.
I'd have given Anne a voucher for a new hairdresser. She's been wearing that cottage loaf on top of her head for about 40 years now.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
speaking of gossip, Harry & Meghan have recently had the legal action they were taking against the press delayed for a year for “confidenfidential reasons”, seemed serious enough that the other parties have agreed to the delay. Another baby or illness? Hopefully not the latter...

diana was 19...Charles was 32. He left her an hour after giving birth to Harry go and play polo. Imo he should have called it off with Camilla as soon as he and Diana were engaged, it wasn’t fair to put her through that but he was too spoilt to think about her feelings. Later she wasn’t innocent and was able to play the press but imagine how you’d feel as a teenager going through all that. Now the pattern repeats with William and his affair.
William has an affair???

I believe Wills puts it about like all the other entitled blokes in his family.

He’s just another dim aristocrat with a degree in Geography who was parked in the military long enough to give the impression that he did more than he really did before leaving at the first opportunity.

I know he is popular because he has got really good PR, cute kids and gives really fun messages during his Zoom calls from his palace. Also, I know his stick wife looks very pretty in her size 4s and not remotely ill and haggard. However, between briefing the press against his dad and brother, I don’t believe he is remotely as nice as the fairy tale put out.

When people keep saying ”oh, but they only cost everyone 20p a week” I always reply that I’d rather put mine towards the UK’s SEN budget for schools. UK prisons that cost many times more than the Royal Family (plus the family’s security plus NDA budgets) are filled with prisoners with special needs, literacy and communication disorders.

Or parades and free tours of palaces for those who value old buildings, pomp and patriotic singing more.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I love the fact that somewhere in her private quarters the Queen has a Billy Bass singing fish which she loved when she got it one Christmas.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
got to love liz wearing 5 poppies (lmao) to mark rememberance day, talk about overkill...

...did she forget to remember that it was her grandfather (george V) and his cousin (wilhelm II) bickering over who had the bigger metaphorical cock for years that caused world war 1 in the first place?

and by extension world war 2, due to the after effects of the first? let's not get started on uncle edward and his love for the nazis...

i suspect she remembers very well - it's not like her family came out of world war 1 in bad shape at all (in contrast to the german and russian empires). because she inheritied, by birth, a literal empire 30 years later. thanks to the lives sacrificed by hundreds of thousands of people

i'm sorry, but royals 'remembering' the war dead from world wars (particuarly world war 1, which is where the poppy rememberance originally comes from) makes me sick. they're the ones who originally sent them to those wars!

rant over :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 14
got to love liz wearing 5 poppies (lmao) to mark rememberance day, talk about overkill...

...did she forget to remember that it was her grandfather (george V) and his cousin (wilhelm II) bickering over who had the bigger metaphorical cock for years that caused world war 1 in the first place?

and by extension world war 2, due to the after effects of the first? let's not get started on uncle edward and his love for the nazis...

i suspect she remembers very well - it's not like her family came out of world war 1 in bad shape at all (in contrast to the german and russian empires). because she inheritied, by birth, a literal empire 30 years later. thanks to the lives sacrificed by hundreds of thousands of people

i'm sorry, but royals 'remembering' the war dead from world wars (particuarly world war 1, which is where the poppy rememberance originally comes from) makes me sick. they're the ones who originally sent them to those wars!

As a historian I laugh about the funny summery of the reason for war but am also afraid people use this extrem simplification and take it for the truth. WWI didn’t just start because these two nations had a power play. The GER-UK colony and marine fight is just one angle of many (even though not unimportant, and especially insightful in terms of how they viewed the world).

Last edited:
Reactions: 8

What about all the rows and chestfuls of medals they award themselves - do you think they have any shame standing next to real veterans who might only have a few by comparison?

I enjoy the history of the royal family, but I have few illusions about the creatures they are. Same with a lot of the younger people I know. Whoever takes over from old Elizabeth Saxe-Coberg is going to have their work cut out justifying keeping their fat expense accounts and palaces while increasing numbers of people are in sub standard housing and needing food banks.

Reactions: 14
What about all the rows and chestfuls of medals they award themselves - do you think they have any shame standing next to real veterans who might only have a few by comparison?

I enjoy the history of the royal family, but I have few illusions about the creatures they are. Same with a lot of the younger people I know. Whoever takes over from old Elizabeth Saxe-Coberg is going to have their work cut out justifying keeping their fat expense accounts and palaces while increasing numbers of people are in sub standard housing and needing food banks.
Why would veterans feel this way when they aren't military medals? Thousands of people are 'awarded' those same medals. I have one, and I have never served in the military. They are 'service' medals for those who are in service in the years of the jubilees. So all veterans are likely to have them if they were in service at during the jubilee years.

Reactions: 3
Why would veterans feel this way when they aren't military medals? Thousands of people are 'awarded' those same medals. I have one, and I have never served in the military. They are 'service' medals for those who are in service in the years of the jubilees. So all veterans are likely to have them if they were in service at during the jubilee years.

Turning up to events to justify your working Royal status and expenses and asking person after person, “have you travelled far?” isn’t service and the optics of chestfuls of medal worn on military uniforms isn’t great. Especially when you have aristocrats with military “titles”, unearned through years of military service but instead awarded by the Queen.

It isn’t a slight on your medals so long as you earned them fairly and wasn’t given them by your posh granny.

Reactions: 11

Perhaps the Queen’s also remembering Anthony Blunt, her former art adviser, who was sent to Germany to clean up any evidence of links between the BRF and the Nazi party. The Royal Archives hinder research on the royals and their anti Semitic past.

There could be some smoke !! See twit from Giles Corden
There’s a media blackout regarding William and someone/something. Whatever it is, he certainly doesn’t want his fans to know. 🤫

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.