The Royal Family #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Politicians seem to have all the answers and present themselves as honest hardworking men/ women dedicated to the well being of their respective countries....what happens after they achieve the power and prestige is awful to watch sometimes.And damaging to the world.

The royals are born into their positions through no wish of their own or others.....throughout history royals have " let the side down " sometimes quite disgracefully...and at the moment a lot is being made public that I am sure they thought they would get away with... they too abuse power and prestige and see themselves as excluded from blame and shame. Time to get tough and stop pretending Charles,Andy ,Harry et all have not betrayed their positions.

Reactions: 5
That's why I said when it works, the queen being the perfect example of that. I like Charles and dont really think he has actually done much wrong (the charles and diana thing was toxic from day one) and I don't rate one affair (with the love of his lifetime) as particularly awful compared . he has proven to be ahead of his time in many respects. That said I'd prefer William and Kate to take over when the time comes. A country needs a head of state, and having something more constant than politicians is a good thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I personally Haven’t met her but when she visited our service which supports people after rape or sexual assault she asked if those attend where given toiletries for a shower after their examination and was told that we couldn’t afford to do that for everyone. So she set up a scheme with Boots ( she pays for it) to make sure that everyone who attend gets a care bag, which is full of toiletries, wash cloth, bobbles, mascara etc to use for their shower and the can take it home. The bags are lovely..
I really respect her for that

Reactions: 14
Has anyone watched the Spanish Princess? I know it's not factually accurate but I'm really enjoying it! It's based on Phillippa Gregory's book the constant queen. Defo recommend if you like history with a modern romantic twist

Reactions: 1
Has anyone watched the Spanish Princess? I know it's not factually accurate but I'm really enjoying it! It's based on Phillippa Gregory's book the constant queen. Defo recommend if you like history with a modern romantic twist
I havent watched season 2 yet but have seen season 1. Its wildly inaccurate but entertaining. More soap than history. Each princess series has got my historically fluid. The White Queen had its faults but it was fairly accurate

I havent watched season 2 yet but have seen season 1. Its wildly inaccurate but entertaining. More soap than history. Each princess series has got my historically fluid. The White Queen had its faults but it was fairly accurate
Yes! Exactly this... A soap opera 😊 Phillippa Gregory got me interested in history when I was a teen so I've got a soft spot for her. I love all the clothes too. I think the dramatisation interests a younger audience.
The lady that plays Margaret Beauford seems to always play Margaret Beauford in everything. I always see her in historical dramas!
It's also making me remember how much I love Margaret Pole.

Reactions: 2
If you havent already check out The Tudors. For me it's the best guilty pleasure history drama. All about Henry 8th. It's pure high gloss sexy drama

If you havent already check out The Tudors. For me it's the best guilty pleasure history drama. All about Henry 8th. It's pure high gloss sexy drama
I watched it a few years ago and then put it on with my 10 year old who is developing an interest and then swiftly turned it off when I remembered its completely unsuitable for a child. Now of course she keeps asking to watch more 😂

• Haha
I wish they had carried on The Tudors. There was still plenty of story to tell after his death.

Jonathan Rhys Myers was so hot as Henry 8th. And yes Henry Cavill too. And Natalie Dormer shone as Anne Boleyn

Reactions: 9
Royal family Christmas off as she isolates with Prince Phillip instead after an alleged staff revolt.

Wonder if it will be their last christmas together or if he'll carry on strong for another couple of years like the queen mother?

Reactions: 3
Royal family Christmas off as she isolates with Prince Phillip instead after an alleged staff revolt.

Wonder if it will be their last christmas together or if he'll carry on strong for another couple of years like the queen mother?
I hope he is around long enough to give Harry a severe talking to when he faces the music ..one year in USA,it has been said that Pr Philip is furious with him ,rightly so. Keep up the vitamins Phil.

Reactions: 8
What’s the significance of the different number of poppies? Kate had 3 and the queen 5

What’s the significance of the different number of poppies? Kate had 3 and the queen 5
There isn't one, it's personal choice.

There were articles out years ago, that Liz wears them in remembrance of specific people and therefore that number (one poppy per person).

Certainly could be something like that or it could be as naff as "X poppies looks great with this outfit, so that's what I'm going with".

One would be enough, which is just to mean that there's no particular tradition or significance (aside from a personal) to the number of poppies they choose to wear.

There isn't one, it's personal choice.

There were articles out years ago, that Liz wears them in remembrance of specific people and therefore that number (one poppy per person).

Certainly could be something like that or it could be as naff as "X poppies looks great with this outfit, so that's what I'm going with".

One would be enough, which is just to mean that there's no particular tradition or significance (aside from a personal) to the number of poppies they choose to wear.
I am not sure. The Queen has been spotted with less poppies in recent years, so I am not sure if they are really representing specific people. Kate has been wearing one, two or three poppies over the years. It's mostly royal ladies that wear more than one poppy and it does look fantastic when they are all decked out in glorious mourning coats. But I don't buy that they stand for specific people. Otherwise we would always see the same number.

Fashion wise, I do love Kate's outfit much more than the last two years. Those uniform inspired coats look very sharp and edgy. She can pull them off but she looks hard. You would expect her to comandeer her army into battle every moment. They are really really cool, but I think the ones from 2018 and 2019 were hardly appropriate. They looked like wanna be uniform and Kate was never in active service and her support for the air cadetts were she is an honorary I don't know what is basically non existent. She is just not a military person. And i think that is fine. They and she should stop pushing it. I am so torn. They make great photos bt it looks as if she is trying to substitute that she hasn't got a uniform of her own and goes to far in creating one.

I am not sure. The Queen has been spotted with less poppies in recent years, so I am not sure if they are really representing specific people. Kate has been wearing one, two or three poppies over the years. It's mostly royal ladies that wear more than one poppy and it does look fantastic when they are all decked out in glorious mourning coats. But I don't buy that they stand for specific people. Otherwise we would always see the same number.

Fashion wise, I do love Kate's outfit much more than the last two years. Those uniform inspired coats look very sharp and edgy. She can pull them off but she looks hard. You would expect her to comandeer her army into battle every moment. They are really really cool, but I think the ones from 2018 and 2019 were hardly appropriate. They looked like wanna be uniform and Kate was never in active service and her support for the air cadetts were she is an honorary I don't know what is basically non existent. She is just not a military person. And i think that is fine. They and she should stop pushing it. I am so torn. They make great photos bt it looks as if she is trying to substitute that she hasn't got a uniform of her own and goes to far in creating one.
I agree, I don't think the poppies represent anyone, really. I think that article years ago was conjencture/click-bait.

I hated this year's coat and thought it was her worst Remembrance outfit! The only thing I hated were actually the epaulettes, though I think they might be growing on me.
Otherwise I've liked all her Remembrance outfits so far, 2011, 12, 14, 16, 18 especially.
I agree the last couple of years looked a bit like a wannabe uniform and a touch inappropriate because of that, it can be a thin line.
I do like military inspired coats and outfits though, generally speaking.

I am not sure who goes with the military inspired outfits, whose idea it is (Kate's or her designers'), but it's not new, that's for sure, Diana used to do it as well and I'm sure other royal women did/do as well.

After all, some of those who actually wear a uniform play dressup as well (eg Liz, Anne, Ed etc). I know they hold positions, but they haven't really done anything.

Quick edit: I was actually expecting Kate to rewear something this year, because of the awful situation, for some welcome "thrifty Kate" headlines. It would've been a good PR move for her. Don't know whether Camilla and Sophie wore new stuff, but no one really pays much attention to their clothes beyond "looked great/awful".

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I agree, I don't think the poppies represent anyone, really. I think that article years ago was conjencture/click-bait.

I hated this year's coat and thought it was her worst Remembrance outfit! The only thing I hated were actually the epaulettes, though I think they might be growing on me.
Otherwise I've liked all her Remembrance outfits so far, 2011, 12, 14, 16, 18 especially.
I agree the last couple of years looked a bit like a wannabe uniform and a touch inappropriate because of that, it can be a thin line.
I do like military inspired coats and outfits though, generally speaking.

I am not sure who goes with the military inspired outfits, whose idea it is (Kate's or her designers'), but it's not new, that's for sure, Diana used to do it as well and I'm sure other royal women did/do as well.

After all, some of those who actually wear a uniform play dressup as well (eg Liz, Anne, Ed etc). I know they hold positions, but they haven't really done anything.

Quick edit: I was actually expecting Kate to rewear something this year, because of the awful situation, for some welcome "thrifty Kate" headlines. It would've been a good PR move for her. Don't know whether Camilla and Sophie wore new stuff, but no one really pays much attention to their clothes beyond "looked great/awful".
Arent the poppies to represent each of the Armed Services? Not sure about the 5 poppies though.

Each poppy is supppposed to represent the branches of the armed forces she is head of. Army airforce etc etc

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.