The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also just a point out of curiosity really.

Obviously the Queen was mostly referred to as simply “the Queen” or perhaps Queen Elizabeth.

In a lot of the news items they have referred a few times to him as “King Charles the third” which is obviously a bit of a mouthful but I’m wondering if it’s just to help people get used to the new way of things?

I assume as time goes on it will just revert to “the King”, “the King and Queen Consort” etc.

Not sure if that makes sense but just something I wondered?
I think the news are using “King Charles the Third” purely because we are all getting used to it. In time, when the novelty wears off. it will just be “the King” and will sound normal to us.

Reactions: 12
He was annoying me yesterday, he kept saying “we should all keep our concerns to ourselves until we hear from the Palace” - whilst sitting on a special broadcast being shown because the Queen’s passing was sadly, very obviously imminent.

I don’t know the logistics of scrambling a jet but it’s so sad to think the rest of the family didn’t make it in time.

Our local radio station has said Prince Harry has left Balmoral and was seen at Aberdeen Airport boarding a flight to London (sorry I’m miles behind, this will already have been said I’m sure)
My favourite was when he said ‘we really shouldn’t speculate’ having spent the past 4 or so hours speculating … and then going on to speculate further.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.

I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.
It did. We sat my five year-old down this morning before school and explained what had happened to her. Her first words were, “Will Paddington be sad?” 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄
HTMQ prolly been saving into a Co-op plan for some time.
I don’t mind chipping in through my taxes.
Actually, I’ll like to request that a refund on my share of the £30M spenton the phantom marriage be transferred to contribute to the state funeral.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I think the news are using “King Charles the Third” purely because we are all getting used to it. In time, when the novelty wears off. it will just be “the King” and will sound normal to us.
Also to get people to stop saying Prince Charles

Reactions: 9
I walk dogs for a living and on the way back from my first job of the day - an elderly gentleman who I’m guessing is in his 70s, smiled and waved to me from across the road and said “what a sad day”. I crossed over to greet him and we were chatting for a good 10 minutes about our beloved Queen. He told me he’d lived in London all his life before moving to where he is today, and spoke about how he was there for Winston Churchills funeral and told me all about it (very interesting!). He spoke about how he feels our Queen never put a step wrong etc. He ended with “you’ll have to excuse me, I’m welling up again”, he crossed the road and headed back down his driveway with tears in his eyes 😢. Everyone I bumped into on our walk today seemed so somber and sad.

I know I keep repeating myself but I am genuinely so, so gutted. None of my friends seem to understand why I’m like this, I’m quite young (26) but very patriotic. I’m glad you all get it. Thanks Tattle for providing a safe space where I feel I’m not alone in my feelings. X
An elderly gent who travels on the bus that I catch to get home from work was quite upset about the Queen being seriously ill, he is usually grumpy but you could see he was quite shaken.

Reactions: 8
I guess we really don’t know what’s going on, there may have been stuff to sort out last night and it was agreed he could go today to go back to his wife, who knows.

Like I said in a previous thread there was quite a lot of family drama when my granny passed away and I’m just glad it wasn’t in the papers.

I kind of feel like his comings and going’s shouldn’t really matter at the moment, but obviously people will focus on it as it’s a source of curiosity and interest I suppose.

Catching up a bit on the coverage and it’s just so sad. Still get a bit of a jolt every time “the King” is mentioned and it will be very surreal and sad to see him in person for the first time.

I can’t quite believe we will not see the Queen again and when her coffin is brought out to leave Balmoral I think that will have a huge impact.

I am staying away from certain internet sites and places because I just don’t want to listen to the noise. I’m sticking with the BBC and Tattle (what a combo 😂) ❤
I feel everytime time I hear “ the King” I’ve time travelled into the 50s!

I’ve noticed they are saying just the king now

Reactions: 17
unfortunately that situation can't improve. Narcissism and reversing reality will continue.

Harry has left Balmoral already. He left at 8 this morning which was quite early considering he arrived late. He didn’t hang around long, which is disappointing. I was hoping that things would get better

Reactions: 2
strike action off and Premier League/EFL cancelled this weekend

A friend of mine was bemoaning the fact that the racing has been cancelled today. "I don't think it's right. The Queen liked racing so it would be a fitting tribute". She's barely been dead 24 hours. The tribute is the cancellation itself.

As a side note, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but she is a huge, I would maybe even say irreplaceable loss for racing. I wonder what will happen to her horses - they were so beautifully bred and always well-named. Charles isn't interested. It will be sad not to see her colours on the track anymore. I still have a lovely letter which she sent to me as a child, after I wrote to her about her horses. I will have to dig it out to show my kids. Pic of last time I saw her at Ascot.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 21
A friend of mine was bemoaning the fact that the racing has been cancelled today. "I don't think it's right. The Queen liked racing so it would be a fitting tribute". She's barely been dead 24 hours. The tribute is the cancellation itself.

As a side note, I know it's not to everyone's taste, but she is a huge, I would maybe even say irreplaceable loss for racing. I wonder what will happen to her horses - they were so beautifully bred and always well-named. Charles isn't interested. It will be sad not to see her colours on the track anymore. I still have a lovely letter which she sent to me as a child, after I wrote to her about her horses. I will have to dig it out to show my kids. Pic of last time I saw her at Ascot.
I think she is the sort to have planned for this, and already have arrangements for who will take on her horses. Anne maybe? Or one of her friends in the racing world.

Her love for animals, especially horses and dogs, says a lot about her character I think. Animals are a good judge of it!

• Angry
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.