The Royal Family #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. I also think he will receive alot of input from Prince William.
I would imagine that William will have to step up a bit more now. None of this only working school hours malarkey, especially if he is Wales’d
Charles will most likely be having to do a lot of travelling around the home nations and abroad which leaves someone having to man the home front.

Reactions: 13
I, like others, thought I would feel a bit better this morning, but just feel...numb.

It's such an odd feeling. But at the same time I don't know how to to be feeling.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Just had an email through to say we are having a commemorative service for the Queen later at my work.

Reactions: 7
I do find the cancellation of comedy and sporting events a bit extreme. That's not what the Queen would have wanted. She would have wanted people to continue on with life and having fun.

Reactions: 13
I'm glad I'm not on Twitter. I've had to block a couple of vile individuals on Insta who decided to declare today how they weren't sad about the Queen's passing, as she was a terrible person who was too rich etc whilst others have nothing.

I mean is there any need? 😢
The amount of disrespect is disgusting I’m not a massive royal fan but I do have a lot of respect for the queen and what she’s done for the country. She also can’t help what she was born into for goodness sake, her life was planned out for her from a young age and she sacrificed so much for a role she wasn’t initially meant to take on, in my opinion everybody should at least have respect for her for that alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
It would probably be seen as quite disrespectfUl to have shops etc open on the day of the funeral itself.
Not all shops will close I'm pretty sure supermarkets will stay open observing the 2 minute silence at 12pm on the day. As I've said in pervious post the the queen mother died shops stayed open but my company allowed staff 2 hours off to watch the funeral. I remember the staff that stayed in store brought I a small portable TV to watch it on.

Will pop out at lunchtime and buy a few newspapers to put away and keep
If there's any left I've sold loads this morning

Reactions: 2
You know, tattle has a bad rep but it’s the only place I’ve felt safe to read or even state my sadness for the past day. My Facebook newsfeed has been filled with so many disrespectful memes and status’ about the queen. It’s really bleeping sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I do find the cancellation of comedy and sporting events a bit extreme. That's not what the Queen would have wanted. She would have wanted people to continue on with life and having fun.
We are going to a live music show tomorrow as far as I'm aware is going ahead as you say life must carry on.

Reactions: 2
I was just listening to the news on Radio 2 and they said that a decision would be made about football soon, but most other sporting events such as cricket etc have been postponed,

Isn't it sad to think we will never see the Queen again?😢
I find it so strange that my little niece who’s just coming up to a year old will grow up without ever knowing the Queen, when she was such a big part of all our lives.

Reactions: 10
I'm off out to get a newspaper to keep too. Hope there are some left.

Still also trying to find some cheap rail tickets to get down to London for the day at some point in the next week but they're so expensive 😔 Can usually get a good price, but that's Booking weeks in advance.

Reactions: 7
You know, tattle has a bad rep but it’s the only place I’ve felt safe to read or even state my sadness for the past day. My Facebook newsfeed has been filled with so many disrespectful memes and status’ about the queen. It’s really bleeping sad.
Yesterday I was so grateful for this thread. It helped me enormously xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
[QUOTE="Gym&Tonic, post: 11648127, member:

I find it so strange that my little niece who’s just coming up to a year old will grow up without ever knowing the Queen, when she was such a big part of all our lives.
[/QUOTE]

My daughters a year and a half and I feel the same she’s growing up in a completely different era now

Reactions: 6
Just said on bbc that churches have been asked to ring the bells for an hour from midday tomorrow and open their doors for prayers
I live opposite a church. They were practising this morning. An hour at midday will set me off again. 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.