Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I usually like Chris Ship but this has pissed me off.

I don't feel sorry for Harry. He was given the opportunity to see her but chose not to.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 96

Don't tag me, there's a support forum!
As always when there's a bereavement please keep your comments respectful. Thanks

• Heart
Reactions: 72

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Waiting for the lickspittles and their inevitable whinging that we can’t afford a state funeral during a cost of living crisis etc 🙄
She deserves a funeral fitting for a 96 year old who has served their country for 70 years.
Thats all.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Ding

VIP Member
If you don’t mind sharing, where did you see the Queen? I’d love to hear stories from folks who have seen her in person or met her
I know you were asking another person but thought I would drop my stories in.

I first saw The Queen during her Diamond Jubilee tour. I went to see her in York, Nottingham and Leeds. Leeds was the best as she was so close.

She walked down the opposite side to us. I was so busy watching The Queen, I didn't even realise Prince Philip was infront of me. We spoke, he was SO nice. He told me to climb over the barriers to take my flowers over to The Queen but I said I couldn't. He offered to take them over to her. As he was walking away, he turned back around and said "who shall I say they're from?" I said my name and he smiled then said "can I say they're from me?" He gave me the biggest smile and took my flowers over to The Queen.
The Queen took the flowers from Prince Philip and looked over and smiled and waved to me.

An amazing memory that I will remember and cherish forever.

I've also seen The Queen once at Trooping of the Colour and once when on a trip to London where there happened to be a state visit (cannot remember who it was) but we walked to the mall not knowing anything about it and saw police and a few people dotted around so we decided to stay and see what was happening. A while later The Queen went by in a Royal carriage.

(Sorry for the long post, just wanted to share)

❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Falkor

VIP Member
Mr F is taking this pretty hard - as an 18-year-old he took an oath to serve his Queen and country and he still holds to it even though he completed his service nearly 20 years ago. I asked him if he wanted to go down to Edinburgh to pay his respects if she lies in state there and he doesn't think he could handle it, but I suspect he might change his mind over the next couple of days.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

Emsie

VIP Member
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !
Mate... I don't think the blame can lie solely with Megan and Harry. She was 96, lost her husband a year ago, lived through a pandemic, all the stuff with Andrew. Be realistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

gossipgal21

VIP Member
The ignore button remains useful I think.

There are a lot of heightened emotions around and it is a very unsettling and strange feeling. Things do indeed feel wobbly.

I think it is quite beautiful and symbolic that she will pass down/past through most of the country on her way back to London. Feels quite emotional.

I am going to bed as I’m sure my baby will have me up at 5am. Thanks to everyone on these threads for allowing me to have somewhere to share and experience this very strange day with.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

barre19

Chatty Member
BBC just showed the Paddington clip again 😭
That was genius and introduced her to a new generation, they'll never forget that.

I think everyone who watched the jubilee knew that was the last time we'd see her on the balcony, it was so poignant but what a lovely goodbye. We're definitely very privileged.
It did. We sat my five year-old down this morning before school and explained what had happened to her. Her first words were, “Will Paddington be sad?” 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 54

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Yes I'm sure he was... quite rightly so....let's not sugar coat this though !!Despite the queen being a 96 year old woman she also over the last few years has had an awful lot of stress to deal with , most of that down to Harry and Meghan and their vile vendetta against the Royal family. We all know how much of a huge impact this has on one's health. There is no doubt in my mind both the the Queen and Prince Phillip suffered greatly from this and without doubt had an effect on their health during their final years.

Harry and Meghan need to just stop ! Live their lives as they wished and go away . We don't want or need them .. period !
Im not a royalist, but this is seriously the most disrespectful nonsense I’ve read in a very long time.
Grow the heck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Pickminy

I know she was 96 but I still feel in shock at her passing today. It was only 48 hrs ago she was pictured with Liz Truss and although she looked frail, I thought she still looked well and fabulous for her age.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Silverplume

I’m American, late 50s, and shed some tears today for the great Queen Elizabeth II. She deserves so much respect and admiration.

• Heart
Reactions: 52